The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    I am sorry you were unable to read and comprehend the article. It supported the statement that PETA was REMOVED from any terrorist list.

Carry on.
    I am sorry you are unable to participate in a discussion without being snarky.

Carry on.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

3 members found this post helpful.

PETA is on my terrorist list.

Because they fit the definition like a hand in glove.

Everyone may judge for themselves.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jenm View Post
    I am sorry you are unable to participate in a discussion without being snarky.

Carry on.
    I as trying to keep it under the bar of your post:

Originally Posted by jenm
    OMG...have you ever been to a shareholders meeting?! Probably not, based on the assumptions you allude to. Wanting to be present at a meeting is NOT the same as having the power to initiate changes. There is so much more involved and PETAs miniscule purchase won't make one difference. They can "try" to disrupt, but there is NOTHING they can do to take over and make changes with a piddly 80 shares...Really.

2 members found this post helpful.

Jenm,
    Peta remains on my list of terrorists because I just can't justify:
    - Peta members driving around to various animal shelters, picking up cats and dogs with they promise of placing them in good homes. Then, killing the animals in the back of their vans, dumping bodies in dumpsters and landfills!!!!
    - Entering various farms and releasing various animals in the night. Animals which cannot live on their own and quickly are consumed by various predators!
    The reasons go on and on. Your inability to see the forest for the trees will eventually harm all horse owners. Every time you have no response, you resort to claiming others have offended you, yet it is your prose which offends others! Typical sisterhood speak. It must be so very difficult to wake each morning to await Wayne's orders on what to post, what to wear, and how much money he will pay you for each post or blog. How sad that you choose to waste your freedom, fought and earned by our brave soldiers, to give up so very many rights for all of the rest of us!

Quote Originally Posted by 7arabians View Post
    Jenm,
    - Peta members driving around to various animal shelters, picking up cats and dogs with they promise of placing them in good homes. Then, killing the animals in the back of their vans, dumping bodies in dumpsters and landfills!!!!
    - Entering various farms and releasing various animals in the night. Animals which cannot live on their own and quickly are consumed by various predators!
    The reasons go on and on. Your inability to see the forest for the trees will eventually harm all horse owners. Every time you have no response, you resort to claiming others have offended you, yet it is your prose which offends others! Typical sisterhood speak. It must be so very difficult to wake each morning to await Wayne's orders on what to post, what to wear, and how much money he will pay you for each post or blog. How sad that you choose to waste your freedom, fought and earned by our brave soldiers, to give up so very many rights for all of the rest of us!
    You can call them whatever you want. I was just pointing out that they are not on the FBI's terrorist watch list.

Some personal advice. You might want to lay off the conspiracy websites for just a bit.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by 7arabians View Post
    Jenm,
    What a ridiculous post. So very typical of you to not understand what is being said. It's just like the slaughter threads. People post information that they can't substantiate and anyone asking for proof or links is labeled or attacked.

Gosh, I didn't realize our brave soldiers fought for our rights to own animals. I don't suppose you can provide a link to that information, can you?

I was going to ask if you are capable of bringing anything relevant to a discussion, then I realized that's a rhetorical question.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

Jenm...there is a problem with providing you with links. I provided numerous links clearly showing that the FBI REMOVED PETA from their lists and the articles were circa 2009.

You camne back with a demand for more current articles?

HUH???

They were removed 2009,,,that proved both sides. Bluey who stated they had been on the list and those who stated they were not CURRENTLY on any list.

There was no emotion..just a few articles and links that confirmed the time frame..

It would appear you missed the point.

The comment that you become a victim would be verified by your post to Bluey insinuating she would not be a shareholder, would not understand even if she was etc...and then you cry foul and claim I was sarcastic towards you.

What a ridiculous post. So very typical of you to not understand what is being said. It's just like the slaughter threads. People post information that they can't substantiate and anyone asking for proof or links is labeled or attacked.

Gosh, I didn't realize our brave soldiers fought for our rights to own animals. I don't suppose you can provide a link to that information, can you?

I was going to ask if you are capable of bringing anything relevant to a discussion, then I realized that's a rhetorical question.
    Please try and think this through. When the soldiers went to war then fought for our FREEDOMS and also for our RIGHTS> Those rights became women considered to be individuals and not a chatel owned by the husband (an example..the number of brides in India who are killed or maimed because the mother of the groom does not think the dowry is large enough)

Rights to own our own homes...In many countries the right to own your own home was NOT allowed China would be an example of that..all property was owned and c ontrolled by the political party.

Rights to own livestock, a book, a record, a tv is guaranteed..and that means it is against the law for someone to enter your privately owned home and steal your privately owned contents.

I realize that HSUS and PETA do NOT support the premise that animals can be owned..judging by many terms posted by others on this forum...companion...we are only guardians..etc

If you believe we are only guardians then it would appear you support PETA and HSUS.

1 members found this post helpful.

The Constitution is or used to be required reading for middle school/high school students. It is available on line and I would not presume to think you were unaware of it.

Understanding the issues that were addressed in the Revolutionary War and upon which the USA was created; I think we all need reminders of that from time to time.

Not giving you a pass on the final remark, no matter who it is directed at.
    I call it rude.

Granted, there is much of that on here, and it becomes hard to stick with the discussion, but not providing links isn't the end validation of one's opinion.

People do think for themselves, we encourage it in Democratic society and hope people vote on their informed, thought out reasoning.

I encourage you to state your views.
    Sure, they will be attacked and discussed.

Maybe your mind will be changed, maybe your position will be strengthened by dissent, that is what discussion is good for.

Haven't been able to figure out how to do other than read Coth the last couple of day...I;m the confused owner of an Ultrabook and still figuring this thing out. Anywho...it won't seem to allow me to use paragraphs for some odd reason; apologies in advance. I also can't seem to copy and paste or open multiple internet windows, it can probably be done but not by me yet, LOL! So hoping spaces help instead of paragraphs. Peta isn't currently on the wanted or watch list. It has been. However a handful of PETA members and officers do have current open files. For domestic terrorism. So currently not the org of PETA, just those who make PETA's decisions. They're not listed on there through peta but through other orgs they belong to, like ALF and ELF. PETA is proud as punch of their illegal and terroristic activities. Despite some folks not liking the current definition of terrorism, their activities do meet the legal definition. Some even have worn shirts that say "My heroes have FBI files." Like Eric Deardorff. IIRC, Eric Deardorff Action Team Coordinator (the man who organizes protests, attacks, etc) has JenM as a FB follower. (the things you find out when lobbying and research) FWIW, when the FBI took peta off of the watch list it was because the ACLU took massive exception to anyone checking out domestic terrorists. "No profiling" etc. The FBI didn't remove them due to lack of issues, they did because they used undercover agents a couple times and it was considered a big no-no to "spy" undercover on Americans by the government. So I wouldn't wave the innocence flag too hard on that. FBI got bounced due to doing exactly what PETA, ELF and ALF always do. Now I have to shower and this lack of paragraphs is driving me bonkers. Sorry for the delay in replying, it wasn't by choice. Please do consider actually researching as opposed to 5 minute google searches. It takes quite a few windows open and checking/cross checking names and orgs and affiliations.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    Haven't been able to figure out how to do other than read Coth the last couple of day...I;m the confused owner of an Ultrabook and still figuring this thing out.
    Anywho...it won't seem to allow me to use paragraphs for some odd reason; apologies in advance. I also can't seem to copy and paste or open multiple internet windows, it can probably be done but not by me yet, LOL!
    So hoping spaces help instead of paragraphs.

Peta isn't currently on the wanted or watch list. It has been.

However a handful of PETA members and officers do have current open files. For domestic terrorism.

So currently not the org of PETA, just those who make PETA's decisions. They're not listed on there through peta but through other orgs they belong to, like ALF and ELF.

PETA is proud as punch of their illegal and terroristic activities. Despite some folks not liking the current definition of terrorism, their activities do meet the legal definition.

Some even have worn shirts that say "My heroes have FBI files." Like Eric Deardorff. IIRC, Eric Deardorff Action Team Coordinator (the man who organizes protests, attacks, etc) ...

...FWIW, when the FBI took peta off of the watch list it was because the ACLU took massive exception to anyone checking out domestic terrorists. "No profiling" etc.

The FBI didn't remove them due to lack of issues, they did because they used undercover agents a couple times and it was considered a big no-no to "spy" undercover on Americans by the government.

So I wouldn't wave the innocence flag too hard on that. FBI got bounced due to doing exactly what PETA, ELF and ALF always do.

Now I have to shower and this lack of paragraphs is driving me bonkers. Sorry for the delay in replying, it wasn't by choice. Please do consider actually researching as opposed to 5 minute google searches. It takes quite a few windows open and checking/cross checking names and orgs and affiliations.
    Separated the sentences for easier reading. -And left out what I felt was a bit too much info...

Thank you for reminding us that our government has limits on how it treats citizens and can't use tactics abused by individuals.

When the soldiers went to war then fought for our FREEDOMS and also for our RIGHTS> Those rights became women considered to be individuals and not a chatel owned by the husband

Rights to own our own homes...

Rights to own livestock, a book, a record, a tv is guaranteed..and that means it is against the law for someone to enter your privately owned home and steal your privately owned contents.

If you believe we are only guardians then it would appear you support PETA and HSUS.
    OMG, it's like a magnet...I can't stop myself....

I have no idea what war you are talking about (or what relevance this has to the OP at all, but...). However, there have been NO military wars that "won" women's rights -- that was achieved through the work of suffragettes and other civil liberties heroines and heroes in decades past.

There have been NO wars that have decided if you can own property or not. And certainly nothing ever that guarantees you the right to a TV (still trying to figure out what that one means). The ability to "own" anything has been granted, again, by the advancement of civil rights through time. Perhaps you could tie the freedom of slaves through the Emancipation Proclamation to a war, but even the Civil War was more about economics than anything else. It is against the law to steal, but that is just...legislation.

The Constitution (if that's what you are getting at) does not guarantee the rights to own anything. The Bill of Rights outlines the freedoms that we do have, although again, militarily, most wars are waged over resources/economics under the guise of "defending freedom." But that's just politics, not really relevant to the OP either.

Again, this is just a matter of facts and correction of misstatements. It has nothing to do with PETA or animals. I personally do not support releasing animals from labs or randomly going about euthanizing pets to "save" them from ownership. Or many of the other rather insane things members do under that bannerhead.

But there is no such thing as "either...or" -- you don't have to be either OMG SAVE THE SEA KITTENS or OMG DON'T LET THE TERRORISTS WIN! There's a pretty big gap in there containing a continuum where most reasonable people live.

Now that I have finished my brief history lesson, I am going to go abuse my pets, I mean, slaves with brushes and treats and then I will make them work with whips, bwahahahahah!

12 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by wildlifer View Post

I have no idea what war you are talking about (or what relevance this has to the OP at all, but...). However, there have been NO military wars that "won" women's rights -- that was achieved through the work of suffragettes and other civil liberties heroines and heroes in decades past.

There have been NO wars that have decided if you can own property or not. And certainly nothing ever that guarantees you the right to a TV (still trying to figure out what that one means). The ability to "own" anything has been granted, again, by the advancement of civil rights through time. Perhaps you could tie the freedom of slaves through the Emancipation Proclamation to a war, but even the Civil War was more about economics than anything else. It is against the law to steal, but that is just...legislation.

The Constitution (if that's what you are getting at) does not guarantee the rights to own anything. The Bill of Rights outlines the freedoms that we do have, although again, militarily, most wars are waged over resources/economics under the guise of "defending freedom." But that's just politics, not really relevant to the OP either.

Again, this is just a matter of facts and correction of misstatements. It has nothing to do with PETA or animals. I personally do not support releasing animals from labs or randomly going about euthanizing pets to "save" them from ownership. Or many of the other rather insane things members do under that bannerhead.

But there is no such thing as "either...or" -- you don't have to be either OMG SAVE THE SEA KITTENS or OMG DON'T LET THE TERRORISTS WIN! There's a pretty big gap in there containing a continuum where most reasonable people live.

Now that I have finished my brief history lesson, I am going to go abuse my pets, I mean, slaves with brushes and treats and then I will make them work with whips, bwahahahahah!
    Thank you.

You are correct however as the right to determine a government is determined by the freedoms we have, and those freedoms are achieved by war, capitulation, legislation etc they all share a tie.

When Canada droopped the rights delivered to all Commonwealth citizens and self determined out Charter of Rights we had a first hand history lesson and we are still getting it. ALL rights are challenged and must be voted on or assigned by an existing government.

Example. Muslims have demanded the government do one of two things. Protect their freedom of religion which includes modesty and therefore they can not be in a pool when there are others of a different sex OR women showing their hair or baring their shoulders so it can be seen..so they want private time ON DEMAND OR the province to provide Muslim only pool.s

Every right we took for granted under the Monarchy has, for the past twenty years..been challenged, identified and processed.

The statement right to own a Tv does not mean that everyone is guaranteed a TV. It only means there is no group or individual who can say..you can not purchase and own a TV. That is due to the property and ownership rights. But here is a hitch..a religious group..under the freedom of religion (Amish) may say..if you want to be part of our collected religious body, then you will abide by our rules and those state..no TV..but that is now a choice.

Peta has as a mandate..the goal to FREE all animals from the control of humans. A dead cat is better off than live cat living in grandma's home.

PETA have gone to the Alberta Governm,ent and told them..yes told them..that they are to stop the Calgary Exhibition and Stampede from having ANY chuckwagon races. This was communicationed through Tommy Lee ??? Pamela Andersons ex husband and he is arriving to Calgary for the Motley Crew concert.

PETA has taken the chucks and reduced them to two outriders and they even propsed that the horses ony trot around the track. Absurd? Well..the exhibition has apitulated on EVERY request thinking it will make them go away...nothing will make them go away.

Americans have freedom to travel denied to them. They are not allowed (read that again) to travel to Cuba. Of course you can say that is your decision however the government has made it for you. This is why there are so many fights re gun registration or bans. Freedoms are a slippery slope.

That is what wars are fought over. The right to determination for their county and their citizens.

Thank you however for framing it in an articulate manner and also correcting my jumps from point a to Z without explainations.

Despite some folks not liking the current definition of terrorism, their activities do meet the legal definition. Some even have worn shirts that say "My heroes have FBI files." Like Eric Deardorff. IIRC, Eric Deardorff Action Team Coordinator (the man who organizes protests, attacks, etc) has JenM as a FB follower. (the things you find out when lobbying and research)

7 Arabians..you were just vindicated.

A fed puppet is hardly the word...WOW

I just want to clarrify that I am sensitive to property ownership and rights as my family lost their land and businessed owned for hundreds of years in their homeland and even after the fall of Communism we have been unable to reclaim

I just want to clarrify that I am sensitive to property ownership and rights as my family lost their land and businessed owned for hundreds of years in their homeland and even after the fall of Communism we have been unable to reclaim
    The same here, the Dictator took all what my family had AND killed a good 1/2 of them.

Those that are cavalier with their freedoms, that think they can dictate to others what they have to do, are in for a surprise when others will then later come to tell THEM what to do, if they like it or not.

Remember the important difference here:

-Animal rights is about eliminating ALL use of animals by humans.

-Animal welfare is about how we get to USE animals.

Animal rights extremists and the groups they have formed live off lying to the public in their propaganda about being for animal welfare, which they are, but don't tell the rest of the story, that is they are all for animal welfare as a handy platform to eliminate all uses, eventually.

As for that one poster, why is it anyone's surprise that she has been confirmed an animal rights extremist?
    I think it is obvious by how some post here who those are, silly as it seems to bring animal rights extremism propaganda to a horse forum, from all places.
    Silly, when you think that working to eliminate all uses of animals is really an absurd idea in a world that evolved using animals in all ways and is still doing so AND we have been years now here pointing at that little fact.

According to Lexis Nexis, there are at numerous definitions of terrorism in U.S. federal law:

"Federal law provides numerous, although fewer than 150, definitions of the term "terrorism." 5 This Article examines twenty-two definitions or descriptions of terrorism and related terms in federal law. Scholarly discussions on the difficulties of defining the term terrorism are examined in Part II. Part III analyzes current definitions of terrorism throughout federal law. Part IV then discusses three possible alternatives to the numerous federal definitions, namely maintaining the status quo, abandoning legal definitions of terrorism, and combining the current definitions into a single entity. The conclusion argues for a single definition."

For more on the subject:

https://litigation-essentials.lexisn...96bdbfb698d836

I've cleared up my point, that PETA is not on the U.S. FBI's terrorist watch list. I've had my fun bashing PETA so I guess I have nothing more to add to this thread.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by wildlifer View Post

That was a history lesson? No wonder the country is in the shape it is in.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

So has PETA ever "released" animals from private owners homes? I don't mean hoarders and the like, but from those of us that are not mentally ill and take exceptional care of their animals.