The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 376
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Oct. 30, 2009
    Posts
    1,944

    Default

    I'm all for the ethical treatment of animals (even homo sapiens) and I'm sure these idiots think they are doing good works, but they really should direct readers to a good list of resources on horse care.
    "I've spent most of my life riding horses. The rest I've just wasted". - Anonymous


    2 members found this post helpful.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    33,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirljenn View Post
    I thought THEY owned US? I mean, I had a nasty headache today and none of my critters brought me anything to eat or took care of me (I am sure that Lord Meow, the barn cat, would have brought me a mouse if I would let him inside - he hasn't gotten on the vegetarian cat bandwagon yet). In fact, I had to get up and feed THEM even though I felt like garbage. The only thing they did was pile on the sofa with me and tell me how I was being a good cat. (That was right before they demanded dinner). Who owns who?
    Uh.......

    Cats are GOD...so you know they are outside the regular food chain!

    (hey, it's your fault that you don't breakfast in bed more often!)
    Quote Originally Posted by fargaloo View Post
    Do you not understand how asking "why now?" is EXACTLY part of the reason why assault victims feel silenced?


    1 members found this post helpful.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    33,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirljenn View Post
    I thought THEY owned US? I mean, I had a nasty headache today and none of my critters brought me anything to eat or took care of me (I am sure that Lord Meow, the barn cat, would have brought me a mouse if I would let him inside - he hasn't gotten on the vegetarian cat bandwagon yet). In fact, I had to get up and feed THEM even though I felt like garbage. The only thing they did was pile on the sofa with me and tell me how I was being a good cat. (That was right before they demanded dinner). Who owns who?
    Uh.......

    Cats are GOD...so you know they are outside the regular food chain!

    (hey, it's your fault that you don't breakfast in bed more often!)
    Quote Originally Posted by fargaloo View Post
    Do you not understand how asking "why now?" is EXACTLY part of the reason why assault victims feel silenced?



  4. #124
    Join Date
    Oct. 26, 2010
    Location
    Orygun
    Posts
    2,947

    Default

    About the manure pile...Since I have pasture, I don't pick up anything, it stays put. Come to find out, that was a good thing. People who want some aged manure, all they have to do is go out and pick up to their heart's content. Aged manure is wowzer is some gardeners hearts. Better yet, chicken poop if you have any. The crustier the better what they tell me. ??

    I do clean out Jack's pen but he's only in there at night.
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!


    1 members found this post helpful.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Jan. 4, 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    42,524

    Default

    You may have noticed the common HSUS apologizers are not found in this thread.
    That is because the HSUS, that runs the show of animal rights extremist groups, puts PETA out there as the whipping boy.
    They consider PETA effective at getting their word out, if in a headless, idiotic way, that brings all of them free publicity, as we can see here.
    That makes the HSUS, by comparing them, look like altar boys.
    There is a reason the HSUS is called "PETA in a business suit".

    Don't expect any that PETA puts out to be sensible or do any other than grandstand.
    They don't care for the animals themselves, only the idea that animals should not be used by humans.
    A strange way to see the world to say the least, if we look to our history and around us.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    33,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    You may have noticed the common HSUS apologizers are not found in this thread.
    That is because the HSUS, that runs the show of animal rights extremist groups, puts PETA out there as the whipping boy.
    They consider PETA effective at getting their word out, if in a headless, idiotic way, that brings all of them free publicity, as we can see here.
    That makes the HSUS, by comparing them, look like altar boys.
    There is a reason the HSUS is called "PETA in a business suit".

    Don't expect any that PETA puts out to be sensible or do any other than grandstand.
    They don't care for the animals themselves, only the idea that animals should not be used by humans.
    A strange way to see the world to say the least, if we look to our history and around us.
    LOL, HSUS is the Sin Fain of PETA....
    Quote Originally Posted by fargaloo View Post
    Do you not understand how asking "why now?" is EXACTLY part of the reason why assault victims feel silenced?


    1 members found this post helpful.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Jan. 4, 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    42,524

    Default

    PETA will now use drones to spy on people that do anything with animals:

    http://www.cattlenetwork.com/e-newsl...204309261.html

    Next time you are training your horse in your own arena, minding your own business, you may see those little spy drones taping all you do.
    Smile, you are on camera.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Nov. 16, 2004
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    5,530

    Default

    But people can shoot the drones down.


    4 members found this post helpful.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    33,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    PETA will now use drones to spy on people that do anything with animals:

    http://www.cattlenetwork.com/e-newsl...204309261.html

    Next time you are training your horse in your own arena, minding your own business, you may see those little spy drones taping all you do.
    Smile, you are on camera.
    I can just see the hunters with their brag pictures and the downed drone!

    Quote Originally Posted by fargaloo View Post
    Do you not understand how asking "why now?" is EXACTLY part of the reason why assault victims feel silenced?


    2 members found this post helpful.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Jun. 30, 2006
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California
    Posts
    4,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    PETA will now use drones to spy on people that do anything with animals:

    http://www.cattlenetwork.com/e-newsl...204309261.html

    Next time you are training your horse in your own arena, minding your own business, you may see those little spy drones taping all you do.
    Smile, you are on camera.
    Nice exaggeration. According to that opinion piece, PETA would like to monitor hunters who are breaking the law and factory farming where animals may be suffering. NOT the average horse person working with their horse. However, I know you are in your element with an entire thread devoted to bashing PETA.

    Last I checked, PETA does not have the clout to dictate how people must keep their horses so I'm not even sure why everyone has their panties in a bunch over an obviously ridiculous guide to horse care.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg


    1 members found this post helpful.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    33,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenm View Post
    Nice exaggeration. According to that opinion piece, PETA would like to monitor hunters who are breaking the law and factory farming where animals may be suffering. NOT the average horse person working with their horse. However, I know you are in your element with an entire thread devoted to bashing PETA.

    Last I checked, PETA does not have the clout to dictate how people must keep their horses so I'm not even sure why everyone has their panties in a bunch over an obviously ridiculous guide to horse care.
    No, they don't have the clout. They just throw paint on little old ladies and release animals from their confinements because they don't like it.

    They tell the unwashed masses how things 'should' be.
    And then these masses do their bidding for them.

    You know, harassing people etc....

    Oh, yes, the fun of drones.
    I hope Dobbins is well desensitized for when one of them puppies flies overhead!

    BTW, model airplanes do carry quiet a bit of risk in themselves, with fast moving, spinning parts, etc.....

    And let's not forget, they did throw a lawsuit Schockemohle's way, alleging Totillas was being abused! Not too farfetched now, is it!
    Quote Originally Posted by fargaloo View Post
    Do you not understand how asking "why now?" is EXACTLY part of the reason why assault victims feel silenced?


    6 members found this post helpful.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Jan. 4, 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    42,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenm View Post
    Nice exaggeration. According to that opinion piece, PETA would like to monitor hunters who are breaking the law and factory farming where animals may be suffering. NOT the average horse person working with their horse. However, I know you are in your element with an entire thread devoted to bashing PETA.

    Last I checked, PETA does not have the clout to dictate how people must keep their horses so I'm not even sure why everyone has their panties in a bunch over an obviously ridiculous guide to horse care.
    I wonder about anyone that would come to a horse web site to push animal rights extremist group's agendas, but when they try to push the likes of PETA's agendas, well, that really takes some kind of strange thinking.

    PETA is the cacti of the animal rights extremist world.
    No matter what you do with or around them, they are prickly.

    Seriously, defending PETA in any way or form and on a horse forum?
    Very thoughtless indeed.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Jun. 30, 2006
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California
    Posts
    4,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    PETA is the cacti of the animal rights extremist world.
    No matter what you do with or around them, they are prickly.

    Seriously, defending PETA in any way or form and on a horse forum?
    Very thoughtless indeed.
    Prickly? Yes. A pain in the ass? Yes. Dangerous? Hardly.

    I'm far from defending PETA, so you saying my post is thoughtless is uncalled for and I'm certainly not pushing animal rights extremists agendas. Nice try, Bluey.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg



  14. #134
    Join Date
    Sep. 7, 2009
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    19,580

    Default

    Bluey, Jen is just fact checking you, that is hardly advocating for PETA. Truth is truth, you know...even when you really dislike an organization. There's already so much material to use against them, why bother with exaggerations?
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant


    5 members found this post helpful.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Oct. 26, 2010
    Location
    Orygun
    Posts
    2,947

    Default

    I thought the lawsuit against Totilas was thrown out this morning or yesterday. The owners, trainer and rider were all cleared. The charges were dropped. I'm not an attorney so don't know official names of things.
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!


    2 members found this post helpful.

  16. #136
    Join Date
    Jun. 30, 2006
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California
    Posts
    4,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    Bluey, Jen is just fact checking you, that is hardly advocating for PETA. Truth is truth, you know...even when you really dislike an organization. There's already so much material to use against them, why bother with exaggerations?
    Thank you, Comrade Laura.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg


    2 members found this post helpful.

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Aug. 5, 2007
    Posts
    1,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenm View Post
    Prickly? Yes. A pain in the ass? Yes. Dangerous? Hardly.
    I'm far from defending PETA, so you saying my post is thoughtless is uncalled for and I'm certainly not pushing animal rights extremists agendas. Nice try, Bluey.
    Unless you are a domestic or wild animal...
    http://www.nokillnow.com/PETAIngridNewkirkResign.htm

    "People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is the largest animal rights organization in the world, with more than 3 million members and supporters."

    PETA is now part owner of Sea World (stock). You think they might want to shut them down?

    And They are certainly indoctrinating the next generation
    http://www.petakids.com/save_animals.asp


    2 members found this post helpful.

  18. #138
    Join Date
    Oct. 25, 2012
    Posts
    4,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    PETA will now use drones to spy on people that do anything with animals:

    http://www.cattlenetwork.com/e-newsl...204309261.html

    Next time you are training your horse in your own arena, minding your own business, you may see those little spy drones taping all you do.
    Smile, you are on camera.
    This has GOT to be the world-beating Tin Foil Hat post of all time!


    5 members found this post helpful.

  19. #139
    Join Date
    May. 5, 2006
    Posts
    2,953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goneriding24 View Post
    I thought the lawsuit against Totilas was thrown out this morning or yesterday. The owners, trainer and rider were all cleared. The charges were dropped. I'm not an attorney so don't know official names of things.
    http://www.chronofhorse.com/article/...harges-dropped
    Sheilah



  20. #140
    Join Date
    Sep. 13, 2000
    Location
    Greenville, MI,
    Posts
    12,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenm View Post
    Prickly? Yes. A pain in the ass? Yes. Dangerous? Hardly.

    I'm far from defending PETA, so you saying my post is thoughtless is uncalled for and I'm certainly not pushing animal rights extremists agendas. Nice try, Bluey.
    Your dismissing a known urban terrorist group? Just what they want!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.


    3 members found this post helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 115
    Last Post: Oct. 26, 2012, 02:56 AM
  2. Allowing partial self-care board at full-care facility
    By Watermark Farm in forum Around The Farm
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Nov. 16, 2011, 07:39 PM
  3. COTH Ten Commandments
    By SmartAlex in forum Off Course
    Replies: 167
    Last Post: Nov. 12, 2011, 02:10 AM
  4. Highveld Horse Care - South Africa, tragic horse stories
    By Old Mac Donald in forum Horse Care
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr. 14, 2010, 10:06 AM
  5. PETA's Stance on horseback riding?
    By Shodan VIII in forum Off Course
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: Sep. 18, 2006, 03:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •