The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

I'm all for the ethical treatment of animals (even homo sapiens) and I'm sure these idiots think they are doing good works, but they really should direct readers to a good list of resources on horse care.
    "I've spent most of my life riding horses. The rest I've just wasted". - Anonymous

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirljenn View Post
    I thought THEY owned US? I mean, I had a nasty headache today and none of my critters brought me anything to eat or took care of me (I am sure that Lord Meow, the barn cat, would have brought me a mouse if I would let him inside - he hasn't gotten on the vegetarian cat bandwagon yet). In fact, I had to get up and feed THEM even though I felt like garbage. The only thing they did was pile on the sofa with me and tell me how I was being a good cat. (That was right before they demanded dinner). Who owns who?
    Uh.......

Cats are GOD...so you know they are outside the regular food chain!

(hey, it's your fault that you don't breakfast in bed more often!)
    Quote Originally Posted by fargaloo View Post
    Do you not understand how asking "why now?" is EXACTLY part of the reason why assault victims feel silenced?

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirljenn View Post
    I thought THEY owned US? I mean, I had a nasty headache today and none of my critters brought me anything to eat or took care of me (I am sure that Lord Meow, the barn cat, would have brought me a mouse if I would let him inside - he hasn't gotten on the vegetarian cat bandwagon yet). In fact, I had to get up and feed THEM even though I felt like garbage. The only thing they did was pile on the sofa with me and tell me how I was being a good cat. (That was right before they demanded dinner). Who owns who?
    Uh.......

Cats are GOD...so you know they are outside the regular food chain!

(hey, it's your fault that you don't breakfast in bed more often!)
    Do you not understand how asking "why now?" is EXACTLY part of the reason why assault victims feel silenced?

About the manure pile...Since I have pasture, I don't pick up anything, it stays put. Come to find out, that was a good thing. People who want some aged manure, all they have to do is go out and pick up to their heart's content. Aged manure is wowzer is some gardeners hearts. Better yet, chicken poop if you have any. The crustier the better what they tell me. ??

I do clean out Jack's pen but he's only in there at night.
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

You may have noticed the common HSUS apologizers are not found in this thread.
    That is because the HSUS, that runs the show of animal rights extremist groups, puts PETA out there as the whipping boy.
    They consider PETA effective at getting their word out, if in a headless, idiotic way, that brings all of them free publicity, as we can see here.
    That makes the HSUS, by comparing them, look like altar boys.
    There is a reason the HSUS is called "PETA in a business suit".

Don't expect any that PETA puts out to be sensible or do any other than grandstand.
    They don't care for the animals themselves, only the idea that animals should not be used by humans.
    A strange way to see the world to say the least, if we look to our history and around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    You may have noticed the common HSUS apologizers are not found in this thread.
    That is because the HSUS, that runs the show of animal rights extremist groups, puts PETA out there as the whipping boy.
    They consider PETA effective at getting their word out, if in a headless, idiotic way, that brings all of them free publicity, as we can see here.
    That makes the HSUS, by comparing them, look like altar boys.
    There is a reason the HSUS is called "PETA in a business suit".

Don't expect any that PETA puts out to be sensible or do any other than grandstand.
    They don't care for the animals themselves, only the idea that animals should not be used by humans.
    A strange way to see the world to say the least, if we look to our history and around us.
    LOL, HSUS is the Sin Fain of PETA....

PETA will now use drones to spy on people that do anything with animals:

http://www.cattlenetwork.com/e-newsl...204309261.html

Next time you are training your horse in your own arena, minding your own business, you may see those little spy drones taping all you do.
    Smile, you are on camera.

But people can shoot the drones down.

4 members found this post helpful.

Next time you are training your horse in your own arena, minding your own business, you may see those little spy drones taping all you do.
    I can just see the hunters with their brag pictures and the downed drone!

Nice exaggeration. According to that opinion piece, PETA would like to monitor hunters who are breaking the law and factory farming where animals may be suffering. NOT the average horse person working with their horse. However, I know you are in your element with an entire thread devoted to bashing PETA.

Last I checked, PETA does not have the clout to dictate how people must keep their horses so I'm not even sure why everyone has their panties in a bunch over an obviously ridiculous guide to horse care.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jenm View Post
    Nice exaggeration. According to that opinion piece, PETA would like to monitor hunters who are breaking the law and factory farming where animals may be suffering. NOT the average horse person working with their horse. However, I know you are in your element with an entire thread devoted to bashing PETA.

Last I checked, PETA does not have the clout to dictate how people must keep their horses so I'm not even sure why everyone has their panties in a bunch over an obviously ridiculous guide to horse care.
    No, they don't have the clout. They just throw paint on little old ladies and release animals from their confinements because they don't like it.

They tell the unwashed masses how things 'should' be.
    And then these masses do their bidding for them.

You know, harassing people etc....

Oh, yes, the fun of drones.
    I hope Dobbins is well desensitized for when one of them puppies flies overhead!

BTW, model airplanes do carry quiet a bit of risk in themselves, with fast moving, spinning parts, etc.....

And let's not forget, they did throw a lawsuit Schockemohle's way, alleging Totillas was being abused! Not too farfetched now, is it!

6 members found this post helpful.

I wonder about anyone that would come to a horse web site to push animal rights extremist group's agendas, but when they try to push the likes of PETA's agendas, well, that really takes some kind of strange thinking.

PETA is the cacti of the animal rights extremist world.
    No matter what you do with or around them, they are prickly.

Seriously, defending PETA in any way or form and on a horse forum?
    Very thoughtless indeed.

3 members found this post helpful.

PETA is the cacti of the animal rights extremist world.
    No matter what you do with or around them, they are prickly.

Seriously, defending PETA in any way or form and on a horse forum?
    Very thoughtless indeed.
    Prickly? Yes. A pain in the ass? Yes. Dangerous? Hardly.

I'm far from defending PETA, so you saying my post is thoughtless is uncalled for and I'm certainly not pushing animal rights extremists agendas. Nice try, Bluey.

Bluey, Jen is just fact checking you, that is hardly advocating for PETA. Truth is truth, you know...even when you really dislike an organization. There's already so much material to use against them, why bother with exaggerations?
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

5 members found this post helpful.

I thought the lawsuit against Totilas was thrown out this morning or yesterday. The owners, trainer and rider were all cleared. The charges were dropped. I'm not an attorney so don't know official names of things.
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    Bluey, Jen is just fact checking you, that is hardly advocating for PETA. Truth is truth, you know...even when you really dislike an organization. There's already so much material to use against them, why bother with exaggerations?
    Thank you, Comrade Laura.

I'm far from defending PETA, so you saying my post is thoughtless is uncalled for and I'm certainly not pushing animal rights extremists agendas. Nice try, Bluey.
    Unless you are a domestic or wild animal...
    http://www.nokillnow.com/PETAIngridNewkirkResign.htm

"People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is the largest animal rights organization in the world, with more than 3 million members and supporters."

PETA is now part owner of Sea World (stock). You think they might want to shut them down?

And They are certainly indoctrinating the next generation
    http://www.petakids.com/save_animals.asp

This has GOT to be the world-beating Tin Foil Hat post of all time!

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by goneriding24 View Post
    I thought the lawsuit against Totilas was thrown out this morning or yesterday. The owners, trainer and rider were all cleared. The charges were dropped. I'm not an attorney so don't know official names of things.
    http://www.chronofhorse.com/article/...harges-dropped
    Sheilah

Your dismissing a known urban terrorist group? Just what they want!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

3 members found this post helpful.