The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My friend found the perfect house and lost it, totally heartbroken. Then just 3 tearfilled weeks later she got a tip on another house not quite on the market. She saw it, loved it, and got it before it even hit the market. Having seen both houses I can tell you house 1 couldn't hold a candle to the one she bought. You'd think you were in the Cotswolds instead of 5 minutes outside a bustling VA historic town.

I currently am only looking via the internet because so many things are unknown yet (like how much we can spend) and I see my dream houses daily.
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

Yes. A house I have driven past every day for the last 15 years and always wanted. It finally came on the market just barely out of our price range...right at the absolute bottom of the housing market 2 years ago. Had we bought it, it would be worth 200k++ more than it sold for. Now I drive past it every day and have to look at it.

I have just realized I will never have my "dream house". I need to just be thankful that I have my "dream" everything else...job, dogs, pony, husband, friends...

1 members found this post helpful.

Proud owner of one Lunar acre! (Campanus Crater, The Moon)

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Pony View Post
    Yes. A house I have driven past every day for the last 15 years and always wanted. It finally came on the market just barely out of our price range...right at the absolute bottom of the housing market 2 years ago. Had we bought it, it would be worth 200k++ more than it sold for. Now I drive past it every day and have to look at it.

I have just realized I will never have my "dream house". I need to just be thankful that I have my "dream" everything else...job, dogs, pony, husband, friends...
    So...be happy where I am and with what I have, eh? I am, but since I've already had the house that I liked, bought and ended up loving, then had to move, for some reason I'm stuck on "I want to love this next house or I'm not buying!"

I don't know why I feel that way. It's weird. But it is how I feel. I don't have to buy right this minute, so I am waiting and watching. I actually think I should be more centrally located than that house was, but I still loved the neighborhood (older and VERY quiet) and many other features. I also loved that it was cute and quirky.

I keep thinking that maybe it didn't work, and maybe I can't find another one here becuase I won't be living in this state forever and shouldn't get tied down. That is me looking at the glass as half full, if you can't tell.
    "Relinquish your whip!!"

1 members found this post helpful.

Yes. Then saw that it flooded a few months after. we were so glad it didn't happen for us.
    A proud friend of bar.ka.

We did, & were brokenhearted when someone who didn't need a contingency to sell their own house first, like we did, won out over us.

However - very happy ending. Several months later, the deal with the original buyers fell thru, & we ended up with the house after all, contingency included. So you never know.