The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default I'm Getting Married!!!!!

I know I haven't been on here in a while. I have been very busy. But happy to say that my betrothed, proposed on March 30th In such an awesome way!

He is a dance caller, and every once in a while he will put on a ball. They usually have some fun theme (he has done a superhero, masquerade, 40s swing, Christmas theme) This time was a fairy/fantasy theme. He and I dressed as Link and Princess Zelda (from the Nintendo game) and he planned a fun skit with sword fighting incorporated in to one of the waltzes. I knew that I would be part of this since the theme was based around my character.

So I was dancing with my beloved, http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3...psb5d20c9a.jpg

and it stops and goes into the skit. Where he starts to go down on one knee and ask, but gets interrupted by the bad guy. *insert dramatic music* they do their sword fighting until my hero takes the sword from the enemy, then he call in his two helpers and they give him a new sword. Now there is three fighting against one. And being my hero he fights them all! (at this point I have no clue whats going on) Finally when he is backed into a corner next to me, he hands me a sword and we charge them, and take them down. Then the music calms, and he grabs my hands and we go back into the dancing. and Everyone else joined in also. As we were dancing, everybody slowly started clearing off the dance floor until it was just Logan and I dancing. I didn't really notice that everyone stopped. Then the music stopped and we stopped into the middle where he got down on his knees and asked me to marry him. I could tell he was extremely nervous!!!! http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3...ps3e9c29d5.jpg

Of course I said YES!!!!! I was still in shock, lol, took me by surprise. He stood up and gave me a big hug and a bunch of balloons, glitter, leaves etc. was dropped on us. he had the drop bag planned too! I was blown away by everything he had set up. EVERYBODY there knew what was going to happen, and managed to keep it a secret from me. lol.

Now we are in full wedding planning mode because the wedding is This May 19th! AHHHH LOL. and I get to have horses in my wedding!!!!! a friend of Logan's does carriage rides for weddings, and offered to do it for ours. I am so excited!!!!! I'm really glad there was an OT day today!

I'm just so excited I had to share!!!

here is my family all dressed up!
    http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3...ps98784686.jpg

An Logan and I later when we got engagement pictures done. http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3...ps85b47109.jpg
    he is so handsome!

3 members found this post helpful.

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

Congratulations!!! What a cool proposal!!
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

Big congrats and best of luck for the future!

P.

Thank you guys!

Tobias, I wish you every happiness for your marriage and your future!
    According to the Mayan calendar, the world will not end this week. Please plan your life accordingly.

sweet!!!!!
    i would love to see this romantic story unfold--did anyone video it for you?

SUPER cute story! Very thoughtful on his end! Best of luck- exactly less than a month away... don't let the "stress" take over the fun of it! ENJOY every minute
    Proudly living in my "let's save the world bubble"!

Congratulations!!

Thats wonderful! Congratulations!! Those pictures are great, and you will have a really fun story always

Yay!!! Good timing, too...March 30th was the day (several years ago) that me and DH became an "official" couple, and March 31st (of last year) we got married. I think it's a lucky weekend Congrats!!!!!
    Last edited by talkofthetown; Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:28 PM. Reason: spelling

Congratulations! What a fun and memorable proposal.

Wow, wonderful! Congratulations!
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

How cute and sweet!! Congrats to you both!!!
    Sorry to see xtranormal is gone
    For funnies, search youtube for horseyninjawarrior!

Www.caringbridge.org/visit/mysecretgarden

How adorable you two are! Best wishes to you both!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Thanks so much everyone!!! i will be sure to post pictures!!!! especially of the horses since thats the prettiest part of the wedding. :-P

yippee!!

choose your cake wisely.
    Open bar?
    http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

We chose the cake. :-) My fiance's sister will be making the cake for us. And I'm giving her the recipe I want her to use that tastes good. If I had the time, or space I would make my own cake. Oh how I would love to do that!!!! But living in a camper and making a cake for 300 guests....yea, I don't think so. lol

No open bar. we don't drink. It's picnic themed anyway, lemonade and Iced tea fits the theme. :-)

Congrats, Tobias! Wishing you both luck and years of happiness!
    "Radar, the man's ex-cavalry: if he sees four flies having a meeting, he knows they're talking about a horse!" Cptn. BJ Hunnicutt, M*A*S*H Season 4, Episode "Dear Mildred"