The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 121 to 137 of 137
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jan. 12, 2000
    Location
    Proud owner of one Lunar acre! (Campanus Crater, The Moon)
    Posts
    14,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ise@ssl View Post
    Armchair - I'm up late at night because I'm on foal watch....not because I'm a vampire.
    Funny, that's my situation of late, too!
    "Relinquish your whip!!"



  2. #122
    Join Date
    Apr. 29, 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Sorry girls for not catching my grammar mistakes, how embarrassing! I think we need a grammar check button on the computers I did find you both humorous though!
    Speaking of humor...boy ISE seems to have none! The vampire remark was said in fun, she sounds like a bitter old women who seems jealous of CH and can't recognize her accomplishments as a rider( don't believe she wants a career in comedy) I also perceive ISE as someone who wants recognition for any dollar she donates or volunteers, and wants the dressage world to know it!! Perhaps we should send Cesar over to give her an attitude adjustment


    1 members found this post helpful.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Feb. 6, 2003
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    14,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crockpot View Post
    Er... ok...so the determination of what is 'funny' shall henceforth be decided by equibrit as apparently everyone must have the same sense of humor as equibrit.
    Why should you decide who decides what's funny ?
    ... _. ._ .._. .._


    2 members found this post helpful.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    May. 16, 2000
    Posts
    4,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ise@ssl View Post
    Armchair - I'm up late at night because I'm on foal watch....not because I'm a vampire.
    Not me. I AM a vampire...on the lookout for fresh victims. And COTH is teeming with them. See post below...
    Charter member of the I-Refuse-to-Relinquish-My-Whip Clique


    2 members found this post helpful.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    May. 16, 2000
    Posts
    4,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Equibrit View Post
    Why should you decide who decides what's funny ?
    In the same vein, why should you decide? Don't you see the irony here?
    Charter member of the I-Refuse-to-Relinquish-My-Whip Clique


    1 members found this post helpful.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Feb. 6, 2003
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    14,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suzy View Post
    In the same vein, why should you decide? Don't you see the irony here?
    Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.
    Unlike Crockpot, I speak only for myself.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._



  7. #127
    Join Date
    Mar. 25, 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,051

    Default

    I use a funny analogy to explain enzymes to my bio students. Enzymes are catalysts -they can change the reaction but are not changed themselves. So I say, "you all know people like this. You're hanging out having a good time and this person comes by for a bit. By the time the person leaves you're all fighting and you don't even know why. That's a catalyst."

    Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).


    14 members found this post helpful.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Mar. 24, 2012
    Posts
    1,654

    Default

    Unlike Crockpot, I speak only for myself
    That's arse backwards as anyone can see from reading this thread.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    May. 23, 2006
    Posts
    5,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crockpot View Post
    That's arse backwards as anyone can see from reading this thread.





    1 members found this post helpful.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Mar. 24, 2010
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    5,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crockpot View Post
    That's arse backwards as anyone can see from reading this thread.
    But now you're speaking for me, and assuming I'm not obtuse.


    While I didn't think the routine was funny personally because it's simply not my type of humor, I'm still trying to get how Catherine imitating a televangelist is offensive to all Southerners, because overblown bombastic speech like that doesn't fit in with any Christian or barefoot/pregnant stereotype I know of, and directly fits in with all televangelist stereotypes. So if there are USDF donors who are televangelists we are missing out on millions of potential dollars based on the money they have stolen from others, but I'm kind of ok with them being offended. I guess she should have planned ahead and worn a suit and tie. I'm pretty sure she was in a dress because it was a fancy dinner, and most likely barefoot for her own comfort. I feel like I even remember a post about going barefoot from her on her blog or facebook page or something.
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed



  11. #131
    Join Date
    Mar. 24, 2012
    Posts
    1,654

    Default

    But now you're speaking for me, and assuming I'm not obtuse



  12. #132
    Join Date
    May. 20, 2005
    Location
    Desert Southwest
    Posts
    6,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulaedwina View Post
    I use a funny analogy to explain enzymes to my bio students. Enzymes are catalysts -they can change the reaction but are not changed themselves. So I say, "you all know people like this. You're hanging out having a good time and this person comes by for a bit. By the time the person leaves you're all fighting and you don't even know why. That's a catalyst."



    Well put, Paula!


    1 members found this post helpful.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Jan. 13, 2003
    Posts
    6,820

    Default

    Thanks for the laughs Armchair. I see you just joined the COTH today! The snide insults are so humorous to me. Jealous of CH - no - I think not. I've had a wonderful life - I live the American Dream. Have a great marriage. I've put as of last Friday 57 great horses and ponies on the ground and have never sought the limelight for my philanthropy or my volunteer work. In fact, my husband and I are ever grateful that we can support various charitable organizations and projects. I just feel from a financial professional standpoint that raising money for non-profits has to follow a mission statement and should certainly consider content and presentation for any "performances" they plan to raise money. Burning bridges can be a rather costly mistake.
    Summit Sporthorses Ltd. Inc.
    "Breeding Competition Partners & Lifelong Friends"



  14. #134
    Join Date
    Apr. 15, 2013
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Something tells me they aren't worried about it. LOL


    Quote Originally Posted by ise@ssl View Post
    Thanks for the laughs Armchair. I see you just joined the COTH today! The snide insults are so humorous to me. Jealous of CH - no - I think not. I've had a wonderful life - I live the American Dream. Have a great marriage. I've put as of last Friday 57 great horses and ponies on the ground and have never sought the limelight for my philanthropy or my volunteer work. In fact, my husband and I are ever grateful that we can support various charitable organizations and projects. I just feel from a financial professional standpoint that raising money for non-profits has to follow a mission statement and should certainly consider content and presentation for any "performances" they plan to raise money. Burning bridges can be a rather costly mistake.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Nov. 1, 2005
    Location
    The Prairie
    Posts
    5,448

    Default

    Never mind Catherine Haddad's schtick, this thread is getting pretty hilarious!
    I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  16. #136
    Join Date
    Apr. 29, 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Yes I agree Mozart this is fun and hilarious, especially that ISE She tells us all she is not seeking the limelight but then tell us about she and her husband support various organizations and projects....but from what I hear she has a name plaque on a building? But she doesn't look for limelight She also has put 57 great horses on the ground....I would be willing to bet not many of if any made it to FEI? Well Catherine you won't have to be insulted that ISE didn't appreciate your comedy and won't send you one of her fabulous horses/ ponies



  17. #137
    Join Date
    Dec. 12, 2007
    Posts
    4,036

    Default

    We're closing this thread due to the personal commentary/insults and will be addressing some content privately.

    Thanks,
    Mod 1


    3 members found this post helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. Deleted - Wrong Forum
    By Mike Matson in forum Off Course
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr. 19, 2013, 08:42 PM
  2. Congrats to Catherine Haddad!
    By Cowgirl in forum Dressage
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jan. 10, 2011, 04:00 PM
  3. Three Cheers for Catherine Haddad
    By ctanner in forum Dressage
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May. 2, 2010, 04:38 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: Jun. 26, 2009, 08:29 PM
  5. Catherine Haddad might be upon us...:)
    By Sabine in forum Dressage
    Replies: 260
    Last Post: Apr. 30, 2007, 01:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •