The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Proud owner of one Lunar acre! (Campanus Crater, The Moon)

Quote Originally Posted by ise@ssl View Post
    Armchair - I'm up late at night because I'm on foal watch....not because I'm a vampire.
    Funny, that's my situation of late, too!
    "Relinquish your whip!!"

Sorry girls for not catching my grammar mistakes, how embarrassing! I think we need a grammar check button on the computers I did find you both humorous though!
    Speaking of humor...boy ISE seems to have none! The vampire remark was said in fun, she sounds like a bitter old women who seems jealous of CH and can't recognize her accomplishments as a rider( don't believe she wants a career in comedy) I also perceive ISE as someone who wants recognition for any dollar she donates or volunteers, and wants the dressage world to know it!! Perhaps we should send Cesar over to give her an attitude adjustment

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Crockpot View Post
    Er... ok...so the determination of what is 'funny' shall henceforth be decided by equibrit as apparently everyone must have the same sense of humor as equibrit.
    Why should you decide who decides what's funny ?
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

2 members found this post helpful.

Armchair - I'm up late at night because I'm on foal watch....not because I'm a vampire.
    Not me. I AM a vampire...on the lookout for fresh victims. And COTH is teeming with them. See post below...
    Charter member of the I-Refuse-to-Relinquish-My-Whip Clique

Quote Originally Posted by Equibrit View Post
    Why should you decide who decides what's funny ?
    In the same vein, why should you decide? Don't you see the irony here?
    Charter member of the I-Refuse-to-Relinquish-My-Whip Clique

Quote Originally Posted by suzy View Post
    In the same vein, why should you decide? Don't you see the irony here?
    Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.
    Unlike Crockpot, I speak only for myself.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

I use a funny analogy to explain enzymes to my bio students. Enzymes are catalysts -they can change the reaction but are not changed themselves. So I say, "you all know people like this. You're hanging out having a good time and this person comes by for a bit. By the time the person leaves you're all fighting and you don't even know why. That's a catalyst."

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

14 members found this post helpful.

Unlike Crockpot, I speak only for myself
    That's arse backwards as anyone can see from reading this thread.

But now you're speaking for me, and assuming I'm not obtuse.

While I didn't think the routine was funny personally because it's simply not my type of humor, I'm still trying to get how Catherine imitating a televangelist is offensive to all Southerners, because overblown bombastic speech like that doesn't fit in with any Christian or barefoot/pregnant stereotype I know of, and directly fits in with all televangelist stereotypes. So if there are USDF donors who are televangelists we are missing out on millions of potential dollars based on the money they have stolen from others, but I'm kind of ok with them being offended. I guess she should have planned ahead and worn a suit and tie. I'm pretty sure she was in a dress because it was a fancy dinner, and most likely barefoot for her own comfort. I feel like I even remember a post about going barefoot from her on her blog or facebook page or something.
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

But now you're speaking for me, and assuming I'm not obtuse

Quote Originally Posted by paulaedwina View Post
    I use a funny analogy to explain enzymes to my bio students. Enzymes are catalysts -they can change the reaction but are not changed themselves. So I say, "you all know people like this. You're hanging out having a good time and this person comes by for a bit. By the time the person leaves you're all fighting and you don't even know why. That's a catalyst."

Well put, Paula!

Thanks for the laughs Armchair. I see you just joined the COTH today! The snide insults are so humorous to me. Jealous of CH - no - I think not. I've had a wonderful life - I live the American Dream. Have a great marriage. I've put as of last Friday 57 great horses and ponies on the ground and have never sought the limelight for my philanthropy or my volunteer work. In fact, my husband and I are ever grateful that we can support various charitable organizations and projects. I just feel from a financial professional standpoint that raising money for non-profits has to follow a mission statement and should certainly consider content and presentation for any "performances" they plan to raise money. Burning bridges can be a rather costly mistake.
    Summit Sporthorses Ltd. Inc.
    "Breeding Competition Partners & Lifelong Friends"

Something tells me they aren't worried about it. LOL

Thanks for the laughs Armchair. I see you just joined the COTH today! The snide insults are so humorous to me. Jealous of CH - no - I think not. I've had a wonderful life - I live the American Dream. Have a great marriage. I've put as of last Friday 57 great horses and ponies on the ground and have never sought the limelight for my philanthropy or my volunteer work. In fact, my husband and I are ever grateful that we can support various charitable organizations and projects. I just feel from a financial professional standpoint that raising money for non-profits has to follow a mission statement and should certainly consider content and presentation for any "performances" they plan to raise money. Burning bridges can be a rather costly mistake.

Never mind Catherine Haddad's schtick, this thread is getting pretty hilarious!
    I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Yes I agree Mozart this is fun and hilarious, especially that ISE She tells us all she is not seeking the limelight but then tell us about she and her husband support various organizations and projects....but from what I hear she has a name plaque on a building? But she doesn't look for limelight She also has put 57 great horses on the ground....I would be willing to bet not many of if any made it to FEI? Well Catherine you won't have to be insulted that ISE didn't appreciate your comedy and won't send you one of her fabulous horses/ ponies

We're closing this thread due to the personal commentary/insults and will be addressing some content privately.

Thanks,
    Mod 1

3 members found this post helpful.