The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Appsolute View Post
    I do not ride endurance specifically, but I do spend the majority of my time out on the trails in rough terrain. I do most of my riding in a “forward seat” saddle, and I use these stirrups. I am out for 4+ hours sometimes, and these stirrups have fixed my “numb baby toe” issue. I do flat work in the arena, and jumping with these stirrups as well.

I have learned to love the cheese grater pads – they are very secure, even after splashing through a water jump – or if my boots got muddy, getting off to open a gate at an especially slippery section of the trail!

I love the cheese grater type too but one design flaw in the Royal Riders is the cheese grater has open holes so when you have mud on your boots then it goes in those holes... Later you hear rattling because it is stuck inside. I suppose I could unscrew the pads, remove the dirt and put them back on but the ones you posted do not have open holes for junk to go down in.
    "The horse should pay attention to two things only: the rider’s aids and his own self-preservation at the jump—not the environment. ~ GM

Quote Originally Posted by Appsolute View Post
    I do not ride endurance specifically, but I do spend the majority of my time out on the trails in rough terrain. I do most of my riding in a “forward seat” saddle, and I use these stirrups. I am out for 4+ hours sometimes, and these stirrups have fixed my “numb baby toe” issue. I do flat work in the arena, and jumping with these stirrups as well.

I have learned to love the cheese grater pads – they are very secure, even after splashing through a water jump – or if my boots got muddy, getting off to open a gate at an especially slippery section of the trail!
    Thanks App! I'm going to give them a try. I appreciate it!

1 members found this post helpful.

bM is offline Working Hunter
    Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by doublesstable View Post
    Ahhhh sooooo; have you ridden in them yet? Do you like them. They look really nice.

I used to like the heavier irons but after riding in the Royal Riders for a while, I am now used to the lighter stirrups.

I am waiting to buy the new RR in the silver because I want to see them in person first. I don't ride much Eq but if I do I don't want to have to change stirrups.

I really like the look of the Wildkart Jins..... very interested to hear about them especially due to the price point
    LOVE them! I haven't tried any others but these are excellent.

I have bad ankles, and a bad knee on one side so I was worried about making the switch from jointed to not. Less pain with these and my feet didn't fall asleep during my ride!

I could definitely tell they were lighter but had no problem picking them up while posting no stirrups at the trot.

Quote Originally Posted by bM View Post
    LOVE them! I haven't tried any others but these are excellent.

I have bad ankles, and a bad knee on one side so I was worried about making the switch from jointed to not. Less pain with these and my feet didn't fall asleep during my ride!

I could definitely tell they were lighter but had no problem picking them up while posting no stirrups at the trot.

Ugggg well I have to say thank you for the report but uggg because it's just ONE MORE THING I want!!!

My trainer laughs at me.... I know it's all about the shopping

I wonder if the wider foot bed is the remedy to knee and foot pain because I have the pain too in regular irons and when I ride in the RR with the wider foot bed I am okay....
    "The horse should pay attention to two things only: the rider’s aids and his own self-preservation at the jump—not the environment. ~ GM