The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Lost footage, Bruce Davidson clinic circa 1970 in Md. with my Mom!

My brother just finished getting my Dad's old home movies put on DVD. There is some great stuff in there but was so excited to get to see my mom riding in a Bruce Davidson clinic, had to be around 1970. As we got older mom put her riding on the back burner and stuck to an occasional foxhunt while we were showing the most. So I don't remember when she was flying around hunter courses. Impressive, and Bruce was looking very handsome. Hard to believe now my mom is 75, still riding and Bruce is still competing, love those hardy horse people. I have to figure out how to share the video. Don't have the dvd yet but the video link is about 90 minutes long, so how to extract the Davidson clinic I have no idea, but will try to figure it out. Hope I am still riding when I am 75.

4 members found this post helpful.

How awesome, bizbachfan! What a priceless captured memory.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

1 members found this post helpful.

Wow! I love to look at old 8 mms from my family vacations a zillion years ago, but yours takes the cake. How cool!!!

1 members found this post helpful.

Bruce would have been 20 or 21 in 1970. I was in PC in the mid 70's and he was SUCH a god! Even a horse that was purchased by a fellow PCer was treated as if he was sprinkled with god dust just because he had come from his barn. Of course, today as adults we realized that the horse would have been sold by Bruce to 16 year old kid a 1000 miles away because the horse failed his program! But oh, to get to have a connection to such greatness--what teenaged girls we were!!

What a cool thing to find! Fingers crossed you are able to share it with us!

Talked to my mom, she said probably more like 1974. I hope I can find a way to show you the clip, she is riding a very basic school horse of no particular breed, I think she looks pretty darn good, especially for a mom of 4 who probably got to ride very infrequently.