The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I don't like all the silly flower girlie fufu stuff. I have a few shirts though.
    2 sweatshirts that have a small monogram of a horse jumping on one and a barrel racer on one. Above both pics says Roanie. That was my old jumper/barrel racer

1 nice short sleeve shirt with monogram of dressage horse and rider in front corner and it says Big Bad Wolf on it. My dressage horses name.

A tanker that has a caution sign and a horse and says caution student driver lol
    But my favorite is one that says "you wish" on the front and on the back it shows a nice real type pic of a horse jumping a fence with a rider and says
    "you could jump like a girl".

Oh and I forgot I have a rolex t shirt.
    Horses aren't our whole life, but makes our life whole

Agree! All the loud graphic art of horses etc is a big turn off. I also don't see anyone wearing much of it - even the pony clubbers at the barn. So I always wonder who wears it. Irideon had some nice shirts - but the graphics left me cold.

REI and other outdoor clothing companies do the same thing with graphics and clothing. I also avoid clothing with logos on it if possible. Who wants to be a walking advert for some company? And status? Its harder to find non-logo clothing, so that is the new must have. Last year everyone and their cat was wearing coats emblazoned with North Face logo. Yuck yuck yuck.

I have a Rolex 3-day 2004 polo shirt that I treasure
    And a bunch of polos with the RL polo pony, because they were cheap and I like the shorter sleeves.

I also have a couple t-shirts with prints that I designed myself, one has a very stylized, all black silhouette of a bucking horse on the front. I made it when I was 16, maybe? and only wear it for riding / gardening etc.
    The other T-shirt has a small stylized outline of a galloping horse & jockey in front, with the inscription Racetrack Rejects in back, because my horse IS a racetrack reject

Otherwise I don't wear horsey or animal shirts, or jewelry.
    Ottbs - The finish line is only the beginning!

1 members found this post helpful.

I really like wearing horse themed stuff, but obviously only if it is tasteful and not absolutely hideous. I'm into the more stylized looking things. I also [I]love[I] horse themed jewelry. I collect it. That's just my personality, though. If I like something, I tend to enjoy wearing stuff that has to do with it. It's kind of a self confidence boosting thing. That's why I have nearly 20 Beatles shirts

Quote Originally Posted by Event4Life View Post
    My most comfy hoody is my "Edinburgh University Equestrian Club" one...but it actually doesn't have a horse on it. I got mine the year before they added the horse head logo, but I actually kinda like it.
    Now THAT I would wear... any of the rest of the stuff, yeah, NO! Closest I have is a horse charm on my pandora bracelets.

OP, My dd has the same T-shirt your husband is wearing!

And I avoid most horsey stuff, except for some embroidered polo ponies on some polo shirts. I just remembered that I do have a sweatshirt with a cool stylized jumping horse with "Little River Horse Trials" from the only prelim event I ever did.

I don't like advertising my "horsie-ness" either. However, i do have one t-shirt that has a nice sketch of some horseheads with my favorite horse saying, "The wind of heaven blows between a horse's ears".

Most of my barn clothes are designated as barn clothes only and are mostly polos/Ts for summer and turtlenecks/sweaters for winter (most of which are demoted from regular street wear clothing).

But I love dressing like a horsewoman: Barbour coat, tall leather boots, blazer, long skirt.

2 members found this post helpful.

Ew....no thank you. No flowery horses or pink or flowing manes. I prefer to sport my equestrian style in other ways. Plaid, polo shirts, boots, et cetera. no pretty ponies on my apparel.

I love most of the Joules, Horse wear, and Equine Couture shirts. And I do have digital print shirts with my stable's logo on it. But the cheesy horse running across and large pictures? NOPE

I just bought this skirt :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RALPH-LAUREN...-/170986961836

only mine is in better shape - leather closures look new...and my size....AND I paid MUCH less ... less than $10. I figure if I never wear it as a skirt I can make pillows!

But frankly there are so many BAD horse T shirts. When you own Arabians, you don't wear ugly horses .

I wear a ballcap that says Barn Goddess on a bad hair day!

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

Oh God, now I'm worried you people all think I wear horrific horsey clothes! I think I own a couple of pieces with the Keeneland logo, and t-shirts from Traverse, BC and some other races but no horsey stuff here. DD is 10 and she likes it, though!!

It always seemed kind of dumb to me. Even when I was doing the horse thing for a living I never decorated with horse stuff. Now that I am doing the dairy thing, we don't have a single thing with cow print on it. Why bring work home?
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

Hey I love the Keeneland logo

Absolutely no horsey clothes around here. I always wonder who really buys all that stuff at Back in the Saddle? They have some really cute things for horse crazy kids but not so much for adults.

We just bought a new horse trailer with a leather jack-knife sofa which we love but the top portion has a horsey/western print on it. My daughter is already screaming that we need to have it recovered. I just threw a quilt over the back for now. Covers it up perfectly. Of course, I have also tried to explain to my daughter that Lilly Pulitzer decor may be a little much for the trailer as well.

I like Dana's Doodles. She's a local artist and makes quality products. I have a rather large collection of hoodies and pretty much live in them all winter. I don't go out much...just home and barn...so it makes for an easy care wardrobe.

I never wear them any place else.

http://www.danasdoodles.com/servlet/StoreFront
    Ride like you mean it.

I won't wear clothes with horses embroidered, silk screened, whatever on them.
    I don't have issues with clothes that have equine brand logos on them though. I have a few tops that have Ariat or other logos on them that are comfy, breathable and don't collect hay and horsehair that I'll wear at home or out doing errands, etc. Or stuff that says "just ride" or similar wouldn't bother me. But I'd never pay the premiums for any clothing (other than riding clothes like britches) just because they're "equine"...and most anything equine gets a mark-up just for being equine. Kind of like how "no bounce" bras sold by equine businesses are about 40% higher than the same exact ones sold by places like JC Penney. Not that I have any need for "no bounce" anything.

However when it comes to pajamas or lounge type stuff...all bets are off. The splashier the better. I have pajamas covered in frogs, ducks and tractors. Even better when I have matching slippers, LOL!
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

I have wellies with horse heads on them and wear them on rainy days. Don't care for the illustrations or loudly horse themed clothes, though I loved them when I was in middle school.
    I like equestrian themed jewelry, but subtly so. Bits or eq inspired, rather than blatantly horsey.
    I kind of like the graphic art look of, I think it's called, animals to wear? They're on totd every so often hoodies with large scale 'sketchy' styled horse heads or jumping horses usually set off center on the shirt. Those look kinda fun.
    (A decidedly unhorsey) MrB knocks over a feed bucket at the tack shop and mutters, "Oh crap. I failed the stadium jumping phase."
    (he does listen!)

you're not alone. I do NOT like things with horses on them. However, I do like horsey jewelry especially if it's stirrups or bits. I also like scarves, too. But not dresses, skirts, shirts, etc.

"Graphic" clothing of any permutation whatsoever is considered TTFW here.

Most horse-themed clothes are kind of kitschy and ugly. I have a few t-shirts, not from horse manufacturers, with artsy horse heads on them, but besides that I stay away from that. Same with most horse-themed decoration items.

TTFW?
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl