The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    TTFW?
    "Too Tacky For Words."

I don't like those sorts of things myself. I thought I was being pretty wild by straying from my black/brown theme recently by buying a light blue shirt. However, if my 60 year old mom were into horses she would probably buy every single thing posted here, especially in pink. Fashion sense is not something I find admirable, but I do admire "this is what I like and f*ck you" spirits, even when it leads to bedazzled fanny packs and puffy paint tourist shirts. It makes me really happy.

TTFW, perfect. That's how I feel about it too. Today I wore black breeches, a black t shirt and grey thermal shirt over that, and a Mariner's hoodie. The t shirt (bottom most layer) did have a sheep on it, but no horses. Ha!
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

I'm not a big cap wearer, but I do have a purple one from "Life is good" with this guy on it: http://www.backinthesaddle.com/itemdy00.aspx?T1=B48518

My horse is famous for always have a wisp of something sticking out of his mouth. If he were a guy, he'd have the nickname "Toothpick".

Nope. I stick to adult clothes- no T-shirts art, running horses, etc. The closest I get to things on my clothes is the little polo pony logo on the Ralph Lauren polos, or the little alligator on the Lacoste polos.

No horsey clothing here either! I agree that it looks kinda childish and reminds me of older ladies that wear sweatshirts with kittens on them.

2 members found this post helpful.

No way, horses are my hobby and my love for them doesn't need to be all over my clothes, well unless I'm coming from the barn after a big horse hug
    I enjoy the mystery of people not knowing I ride.

I have some joules polos but not tshirts with horsies. I think even some of the joules polos are a little ridiculous looking. I wear running tights instead of breeches in the summer. I'm not very girly though, so I have not ever liked them!

I like T-shirts or something tasteful, which in my opinion does not include anything with "bling", anything "cowgirl" or with lettering made to draw attention to certain parts of the anatomy, or things worn in completely inappropriate ways...anyone ever go to a sale or auction and see someone walking around in breeches, boots and spurs who is NOT riding a horse in a ring that day, but rather shopping or waiting to bid? Especially when no horses are present? Just stupid...like they can't put their gear on in the car or at the barn???

Yeah, low-rise breeches are a FAIL too.

Okay... I like to wear stuff with horses on it! I just won this tshirt (chocolate brown color) in a raffle: http://equusunlimited.com/irideon/ir...ng-sleeve-tee/ and I LOVE IT. Flattering fit, comfortable, looks great with breeches, and I think the design is cute! I also have a sheer blouse with silhouettes of horses on it that was a gift from my VERY fashionable and stylish SIL, so that one's "acceptable". And I have 2 "bad pony" tshirts: www.badponyclothing.com because I think they're hilarious and adorable. So sue me.

But I would not be caught DEAD in one of those screen-printed flowing-mane-in-the-mist shirts! EW.
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

PONY'TUDE

1 members found this post helpful.

I have an assortment of Alabama Charity and World Championship Horse Show t-shirts- I'm wearing one right now.

However, I wouldn't be caught dead in generic animal picture clothing of any kind. I don't do cute, period. If DH and I are going somewhere and happen to put on the same color shirt- one of us changes so we don't match.

My wellies are pink with brown horses on them. All the little girls are just pea-green with envy!

I'm old; life is short; I'm having fun!
    Last edited by ezduzit; Apr. 23, 2013 at 04:31 PM.
    Ride like you mean it.

1 members found this post helpful.

The only horse themed thing I have is a silver necklace with stirrups (and I adore it)....
    http://www.wildhorsefeathers.com/A-B...ductinfo/J122/

other than that, I would be ambarrassed to wear pony emblazened clothing. It seems really juevenile to me.

I don't like horsey themed purses either - although I like it when there is a subtle nod to equestrian style, like the Baker bags, or Rebecca Ray designs. Otherwise, I think they're silly.

I like some horse printed clothing items, but not for anything "serious"...just for fun. I LOVE the iHorse sweatshirt in Back in the Saddle...mostly because I do ride with my iPod quite a bit, and folks at the barn are used to seeing me with it (I only ride with one earbud in so I can hear what's going on around me, safety folks).

I have a cool t-shirt from WEG...navy blue with a cool swirly design and horse on the front and World Equestrian Games in French across the top. I also have a couple of the Life is Good tees (jumping horse, just the horse head with the straw in his mouth).

And, in non-horsey-but-still-screen-printed tees, I still have all the concert tees I've bought over the years....several U2 tees, Nickel Creek, Sting, etc.

That said - some of the all-over, crazy horse designs that Kerrits, Irideon, and others have come out with in the last few years....eeewww, no.

I don't do the "flowing manes in the breeze unicorns" either, lol. (The few that have shown up in my posession are reserved for use on horse- or dog-bathing days and the like, and never leave my back yard. )

However, I do own and wear shirts and hats from shows/races/various horsey events I've been involved with or have gone to see. Some have just words/logo, others have a horse design of one kind or another. I like to wear them, reminds me of some really awesome times I've had and places I've been.

Those "bad pony" designs are funny! They remind me of the Thelwell's ponies.

Except for one life is good t-shirt (horse head with hay sticking out of its mouth) all the "horsey" t-shirts I've owned had special meaning for me, about good times and events I've been to.
    Ottbs - The finish line is only the beginning!