The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Fairhill 3* Dressage Score

There is a rider with a score of 110.5 listed as their dressage score. Is that even possible? Typo? Wouldn't that mean you did everything -and then some- wrong? That would be one of the test where the dressage comment would be "have fun on XC!"

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Very possible in FEI competitions for penalty points with the 1.5 multiplier. That would mean a dressage score of about 25%.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

It's not there now. Sometimes scores get uploaded while they are being entered and so are not correct. This happened to me at my first horse trial. I was checking scores on-line because I was parked far away from the office. My score was a 65!! I almost ran over myself with my truck. (It turned out to be a 32.5, not to shabby although mid-pack--the scoring was generous that day).

Back to Fair Hill, I see Lillian Heard is 1st after dressage. Yay!!
    Delaware Park Canter Volunteer
    http://www.canterusa.org/

it seems like it would be mathematically impossible - because the penalty score is converted from the dressage score, which is a percentage. Since percentages are always between 0-100.... the worst you could get would be 100. I'm not sure when they take out the rider errors (before or after it's converted to percentage)? I think it's before...but even if it's after a >110 would mean there were more than 5 rider errors and they would have probably tossed you out by then.

1 members found this post helpful.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Quote Originally Posted by ottb View Post
    it seems like it would be mathematically impossible - because the penalty score is converted from the dressage score, which is a percentage. Since percentages are always between 0-100.... the worst you could get would be 100. I'm not sure when they take out the rider errors (before or after it's converted to percentage)? I think it's before...but even if it's after a >110 would mean there were more than 5 rider errors and they would have probably tossed you out by then.
    It is very possible. With a dressage score of (say) 35%, you'd start with 65 PP then do the 1.5 multiplier to get an FEI PP score of 108.33

You'd have to have (I would think) quite a few errors of course and not performed movements. But it is possible.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Who was it?

I was able to see most of the upper level stadium today. Was anyone else watching down at Foxcatcher?
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

I seem to remember some scores that high before.....at Radnor CCI2* Typically was a REALLY good xc horse though You'd only put up with something that tough in dressage if they were that much fun to jump!
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **