The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

I personally did not like the way that larkspur "entertained" herself on the fatpalomino thread a year or so ago. Attacking a cother's son with lies is not the way to defend a friend. And that wasn't even an off topic day, I think. The off topic days on Coth sometimes bring out the worst in people. That's the reason that I don't think a permanent off-topic forum should be had here.

College degrees don't matter if you don't have some standards of decency.

4 members found this post helpful.

As I recall, the thread police were called and the thread was closed. Misión cumplida.

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    Fooler, larkspurCO, kathy s, gloria, you all are a few french fries short of a happy meal. "in other threads" in your dreams and delusions.....You people really are amazing to live for the OTD on COTH. Attempting to make a connection to a rude comment from larkspurCO to anything stated 5 years ago........well delusion is free...
    SV you are quick to call foul when someone disagrees with you and yet have a history of comments as above. Yes there were threads last year dismissing M. Bachman's degree including one comment that it came from a "road side" college. Comments about Palin's attendance at different colleges before completion and the lack of quality of those schools. Finally comments/innuendos were made that the Bush family paid For W's degrees from Yale and Harvard. However Kerry's and Obama's were clean.
    Unfortunately I was unable to locate those posts. Either I am searching incorrectly or the threads may have been lost with the platform updates. But found plenty in which all 3 were called idiots repeatedly.

So I repeat, either all college degrees, no matter the college or degree, are to be respected or all are up for discussion/review.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

6 members found this post helpful.

I'm not sure where the topic went. I'm not even sure what the topic WAS!

But...I was struck to my core by the bravery of the men and women of law enforcement in Boston. And, I assume, typical of law enforcement everywhere.

I was watching the coverage, during which they kept mentioning the areas in lockdown while showing live shots of these men and women out on the streets. They were in plain view, their locations were public knowledge(maybe a topic for another thread...too much coverage) and yet they said, in effect: We are here to protect you. You stay in your covered position until we get this guy. We will put ourselves out here so you don't have to. It's hard to convey with words how deeply I sensed their devotion to duty.

Like family, they aren't always right; we don't always agree; they do stupid things sometimes; but when push comes to shove...they are out there and they do their jobs!
    Ride like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by fooler View Post
    SV you are quick to call foul when someone disagrees with you and yet have a history of comments as above. Yes there were threads last year dismissing M. Bachman's degree including one comment that it came from a "road side" college. Comments about Palin's attendance at different colleges before completion and the lack of quality of those schools. Finally comments/innuendos were made that the Bush family paid For W's degrees from Yale and Harvard. However Kerry's and Obama's were clean.
    Unfortunately I was unable to locate those posts. But found plenty in which all 3 were called idiots repeatedly.

So I repeat, either all college degrees, no matter the college or degree, are to be respected or all are up for discussion/review.
    Wow, you might want to check the date I joined. Might also want to check on those imaginary posts......Might want to check your meds....

Uncalled for; unproductive; how about showing some maturity and just drop it! Or take it private. These kinds of arguments in public are so demeaning to the participants.

Wow, you might want to check the date I joined. Might also want to check on those imaginary posts......Might want to check your meds....
    Ride like you mean it.

5 members found this post helpful.

Never said it was you specifically. Merely noted college degrees have not been universally admired on this board.
    Again you are very quick with the insults.
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

Quote Originally Posted by ezduzit View Post
    Uncalled for; unproductive; how about showing some maturity and just drop it! Or take it private. These kinds of arguments in public are so demeaning to the participants.
    SV has nothing useful to say. She simply resorts to name calling and insults rather than actually forming a coherent opinion. Which I believe is the definition of an internet troll. Anyone who disagrees with her is immediately labeled as delusional. People like that are a waste of time.

She will go away if everyone just ignores her. She's good at baiting people. I can tell when I have nothing useful to say...nobody responds.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    SV has nothing useful to say. She simply resorts to name calling and insults rather than actually forming a coherent opinion. Which I believe is the definition of an internet troll. Anyone who disagrees with her is immediately labeled as delusional. People like that are a waste of time.
    Ride like you mean it.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ezduzit View Post
    I'm not sure where the topic went. I'm not even sure what the topic WAS!

But...I was struck to my core by the bravery of the men and women of law enforcement in Boston. And, I assume, typical of law enforcement everywhere.

I was watching the coverage, during which they kept mentioning the areas in lockdown while showing live shots of these men and women out on the streets. They were in plain view, their locations were public knowledge(maybe a topic for another thread...too much coverage) and yet they said, in effect: We are here to protect you. You stay in your covered position until we get this guy. We will put ourselves out here so you don't have to. It's hard to convey with words how deeply I sensed their devotion to duty.

Like family, they aren't always right; we don't always agree; they do stupid things sometimes; but when push comes to shove...they are out there and they do their jobs!
    Yes, that is amazing and with exceptions, I think that law enforcement DOES do this with generally very little appreciation. And for sure military as well.

3 members found this post helpful.

Never said it was you specifically. Merely noted college degrees have not been universally admired on this board.
    Again you are very quick with the insults.

So you attach my post and now backpeddle "never said it was you specifically". You are funny, insults, might want to read your posts....

Wow, maybe if Stolen Virtue had a few happy french fries menu, she would not be so loony and may learn how to use her french fries fueled brain to actually think. And funny she attacks me about my lack of education while bragging about her BA, when I have a higher degree of education than she does. LOL.

3 members found this post helpful.

Interesting. In other threads much was said disparaging the college degrees (BA, BS and Masters) earned by Sarah Palin, George W. Bush and M.Bachman amongst others. So either all college degrees should be respected or all are open for dispute.
    Said in response to J-Lu's post, not yours. Please note no COTH name is mentioned.
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria View Post
    Wow, maybe if Stolen Virtue had a few happy french fries menu, she would not be so loony and may learn how to use her french fries fueled brain to actually think. And funny she attacks me about my lack of education while bragging about her BA, when I have a higher degree of education than she does. LOL.
    You people crack me up ! Between the backpeddling and now "my degree is better than yours" ! Hard to think of these posts as anything but comical...

You people crack me up ! Between the backpeddling and now "my degree is better than yours" ! Hard to think of these posts as anything but comical...
    You already forgot you were the one to try to use the "my degree is better than yours" charlatan trick? Really missing a happy meal, don't ya?

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie View Post
    I am not a LEO, but I'm a LEO "by injection."

My Atlanta cops always told us which cops not to believe. Good cops know whom the bad cops are, and they don't like them. Most cops are hard working and great (abet crazy!) guys. Yes there are corrupt cops as there are corrupt lawyers and of course, 99% of all politicians are corrupt.

But when "my" Atlanta cops went out whether on patrol or off-duty, they risked their lives......black cops, white cops, risked their lives for all the people in Atlanta, rich or poor, black or white, etc. For very little pay.

some firefighters north of Atlanta were held hostage the other night by a crazy guy. Fortunately they survived because the swat team came in and got him.
    (My horses call their farrier "FF" which does not stand for firefighter, LOL)
    true. Daddy told me there are 2 types of police. Those who truly believe in the protect and serve and will do what is right and are good people. Then there are the ones that are bullies, normally couldn't get into the military, or were bullied in school so are now in a position of "power" to lord it over someone else. He just discounted corrupt cops because they were just criminals who had not gotten caught yet. Pretty true. The good ones have my respect and gratitude. The others-not worth spit.
    http://community.webshots.com/album/548368465RfewoU[/url]

She may not have changed the stars from their courses, but she loved a good man, and she rode good horses….author unknown

Just a note ... not everyone loves FF (fire fighters). I have had a couple of friends on the Seattle FD. There are neighborhoods where people set fires just so they can target shoot at the people who come to put the fires out.
    *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=
    Dressage becomes art when it is a joy for the horse. -KBH

Mighty Thoroughbred Clique Now on Facebook ... ... show the loff

Default The Bronx, Manhattan and Brooklyn's DA office

They are one, the District Attorney is government and works DIRECTLY with law enforcement who work to enforce the laws of the local government. It would seem we are missing some key educational classes in how government works.
    I have worked in the NYPD during the hot times 1980s to the late 90s. My pct was deemed the most dangerous square mile in American,,only one square mile and yet we lead the city in homicides. As a female in patrol, I made 8 gun collars, three bribery arrest and two homicide collars.
    There are lots of illegal guns In the streets,,anyone can buy the Uzi of their choice for half of what you pay for a months board for your horse.
    The big problem is that the DAs office wants the highest clearance rate. The make deals in the halls prior to trial,,wave the grand jury for a plea down. The grand jury pool in its self is a joke,,I have seen jurors picking their noses, reading the paper, making doodles on paper,,and these people make the decision to keep him or let him go.
    I made a rape , push in robbery collar perp had a gun,,raped the daughter on the bed with the daughter toddler on the same bed! Grandmother was tied got free and tried to kill him with a knife,,when we arrived, now four cops and two ems are wrestling this thick bull necked POS, my partner was on his back as myself and another cop are trying to cuff him,,the perp stands up! We got him cuffed, my arrest,,he refused to be printed,,no skin off me,,fine you stay in the tombs longer....I go to lodge him at the lodging pct where he awaits night court,,the police officer assigned to the cells pulls me to the side and told me that he had locked him up for 45 the week before! So the good old DA office had let this guy out for him to rape a pillage.
    I have been to to gun runs, we would make at least one gun collar a night,,and never once met a licensed gun owner,,