The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria View Post
    So that is exactly what I was saying. Why disagree with me? Both governments and cops work for common cause, which is the welfare of citizens, and paid by the citizens. They are not the same entity. They are two entities working for the same cause. If they were the same entity, they would be working for each other, not for the common cause: citizens.
    I'm very confused, Gloria. Are you saying that the police don't work for the government? You do realize that federal, state and local government are all Government, right? So how do you differentiate the police department and the government?
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    Amen. People do not understand the sacrificies made by government employees during a crisis.
    What do you mean they do not understand? Who are "they" who don't understand?

Oh, wait, I see you have a BA. I think that stands for Barely Awake...

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LarkspurCO View Post

I'm sorry but I can't help but reply. Come on Larkspur, that's just a dumb thing to say. Don't you have anything more intelligent to further your point of view? If you think you have a good point, why on earth are you resorting to such base insults?

You are very rude. I think people like you who make rude comments on college degrees are sad sorry ignorant people.

2 members found this post helpful.

You are very rude. I think people like you who make rude comments on college degrees are sad sorry ignorant people.
    And your posts #21 & 29 aren't snide? Just sayin'.
    It's only when a mosquito lands on your privates that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence. fb meme.

And by the way LarkspurCO, people like you are not worth the effort of public efforts. People like you make me realize that some people just deserve to be on their own when faced with disaster and heartache.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy s. View Post
    And your posts #21 & 29 aren't snide? Just sayin'.
    Kathy s: you have always stated your disgust with public employees. We get it, and people like you are the reason I don't want have my children to spend their careers helping those of you with so much hate. Your attitude is always a dissappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Lu View Post
    I'm very confused, Gloria. Are you saying that the police don't work for the government? You do realize that federal, state and local government are all Government, right? So how do you differentiate the police department and the government?
    I see where I am causing confusions... In a layman's term, I think of the government as the brain, the police as the muscles, and legistration as the nerves/hormones/whatnot that governs how the muscle moves. All work together for the same common cause (the person) but they are not the same.

For people in this country where the government and the police do work together for the citizens (for the most parts,) it seems obvious that the police works for the government, but that is only because the police work for the citizens "through" the government. This is an effecient country. Actually it is a testimony of the greatness of this country.

But it is not always the case in other parts of the world, and we should not assume it will always remain so. In many parts of the world, especially where corruption is rampant, the police is the government's muscles, and not the citizens'. They enforces the government's wills, and in many cases, against the citizens.

That is so important for people to understand that, even though the law enforcements enforce government's ruling, it is only because the ruling of the government is for people's wills, and not against. This is the only way when and if the government is no longer working for the people, the law enforcements can extricate themselves from the control of the government and attempt to realigh themselves with the people. When muscles no longer work for the head, the head is then powerless.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Lu View Post
    I'm sorry but I can't help but reply. Come on Larkspur, that's just a dumb thing to say. Don't you have anything more intelligent to further your point of view? If you think you have a good point, why on earth are you resorting to such base insults?

I wasn't offering my point of view. I was just asking a question about the meaning behind a silly, inane statement, and I found myself amused that she was touting her BA degree so I had a laugh and made fun of her. Stolen virtue's posts are among the most laughably ill-informed, and the irony was just too much to resist. She also has a history of attempting to falsely discrediting me, so she deserves a jab here and there.

Besides, after reading her other posts I think she may be hateful. Oh, dear.

Besides, what's it to you?

6 members found this post helpful.

I wasn't offering my point of view. I was just asking a question about the meaning behind a silly, inane statement, and I found myself amused that she was touting her BA degree so I had a laugh and made fun of her. Stolen virtue's posts are among the most laughably ill-informed, and the irony was just too much to resist. She also has a history of attempting to falsely discrediting me, so she deserves a jab here and there.

Wow, I am hatefull ?You LarkspurCO are just a sad little poster on a BB with some bizarre axe to grind.

Wow, I am hatefull ?You LarkspurCO are just a sad little poster on a BB with some bizarre axe to grind.
    Well, you were the one who wished suffering upon me. I hold no such ill will toward you.

Hope you find a life LarkspurCO.

Kathy s: you have always stated your disgust with public employees. We get it, and people like you are the reason I don't want have my children to spend their careers helping those of you with so much hate. Your attitude is always a dissappointment.
    Lol, proof please?

If by "public employees" you mean politicians, then yes, I'm pretty much disgusted with them. The rest of your comment makes no sense.
    Funny, you sling the 'hate' word around like so many others here. Instead of a good discussion or debate, you attempt to shame me into silence. Not gonna happen. Btw, your attitude isn't a disappointment to me. I expected nothing less.
    It's only when a mosquito lands on your privates that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence. fb meme.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria View Post
    I see where I am causing confusions... In a layman's term, I think of the government as the brain, the police as the muscles, and legistration as the nerves/hormones/whatnot that governs how the muscle moves. All work together for the same common cause (the person) but they are not the same.

For people in this country where the government and the police do work together for the citizens (for the most parts,) it seems obvious that the police works for the government, but that is only because the police work for the citizens "through" the government. This is an effecient country. Actually it is a testimony of the greatness of this country.

But it is not always the case in other parts of the world, and we should not assume it will always remain so. In many parts of the world, especially where corruption is rampant, the police is the government's muscles, and not the citizens'. They enforces the government's wills, and in many cases, against the citizens.

That is so important for people to understand that, even though the law enforcements enforce government's ruling, it is only because the ruling of the government is for people's wills, and not against. This is the only way when and if the government is no longer working for the people, the law enforcements can extricate themselves from the control of the government and attempt to realigh themselves with the people. When muscles no longer work for the head, the head is then powerless.
    Thanks Gloria. Are you saying that you are making a distinction between Federal, state and local government in the U.S.? I think I understand your distinction in other countries. Yes, there are countries where the police enforce governmental edicts against the people. There are also countries where the police act against the government and the people and form a military state. But in the U.S, the government and the state and local police work for the people. Police can be sued for going against the law (rightfully so). Police chiefs and commissioners can also be targeted. We strive to have these law enforcement entities work for the people. I guess I'm looking at the discussions about law enforcement and government in the context of American society. Government officials not working for the people SHOULD be voted out by an informed public. That's the difference between America and oppressive states. We're supposed to be a representation of people - thus, the government can't go against the people...and generally, it doesn't for any length of time. What do you think about that?

Making fun of a BA degree on a public board invited rational response. If you really didn't want responses about your comments of what a BA degree is, you should have PMed her. But you chose to publically post your opinion. I commented on your opinion because this is a public board and I found your denigration of the BA degree ridiculous. That's what it is to me.

I didn't say I didn't want responses, J-Lu, but you kind of flew off the handle there so it made me wonder why. Are you and SV a team here or something?

Plenty of people with double digit IQs have BA degrees. I didn't realize it was sacrosanct.

Kathy s., have you kicked any puppies lately?

Edited to add: No puppies were kicked in the making of this post. Any references to the kicking of puppies, real or imagined, are fictional and are the sole responsibility of the poster and in no way reflect the thoughts, beliefs or intentions of those named in the puppy-kicking statement.
    Last edited by LarkspurCO; Apr. 20, 2013 at 02:36 AM.

Kathy s., have you kicked any puppies lately?
    Where in the heck does that come from? Classy.

LarkspurCO-teams , no just calling posters out for their insanity. Some of us are trying to make sense of this insanity this week and others are just the same rude posters trying to be a big fish on a BB.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy s. View Post
    Where in the heck does that come from? Classy.
    Sorry, Kathy, just a little irony there because you seem to be accused of being hateful. It was tongue in cheek and I meant no offense.

LarkspurCO-teams , no just calling posters out for their insanity. Some of us are trying to make sense of this insanity this week and others are just the same rude posters trying to be a big fish on a BB.
    That goes both ways. I am truly perplexed when people resort to comments when they can't think of a good answer to something. That behavior totally lowers the level of conversation,IMO. I love a good conversation/debate however, you also tend to be rude when you can't think of something good to say.
    Last edited by kathy s.; Apr. 20, 2013 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Misunderstanding

5 members found this post helpful.