The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default FitBit users?

I finally caved and ordered a FitBit One and I can't wait for it to get here. Just curious who else uses one and what you've found that you like and don't like about them.
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field." --Dwight D Eisenhower

Boston Terrier Rescue of NC - www.btrnc.org - Adopt for Life!

I loved mine while it worked and before I lost it :-(. The community was great and it fueled my competitive edge. I had to get a new one because the old one died tho. And then I lost it. Its fun to get you motivated though!
    For things to do in Loudoun County, visit: www.365thingstodoloudoun.com

I like mine a lot. It keeps me motivated to get off my ass and get my step or burn goals met for the day. I wear my One on the front of my bra. The One seems to be much more sweat resistant that the old Ultra model.

My first Fitbit, an Ultra, died after going for a ride in the washing machine. When I contacted Fitbit to ask about a replacement discount, they offered to send me a new one at no charge. Their customer service is excellent!
    "Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care." ~Jimmy Buffett

I'm already on the email list for when the Flex comes out! I've never had one before, but I used the MyFitnessPal app for a while. It makes a huge difference in my choices as far as what I'm eating!
    Pisgah: 2000 AHHA (Holsteiner x TB) Mare (lower level eventing, with a focus on dressage)

Darcy: 7? year old Border Collie x Rottweiler? Drama Queen extraordinaire, rescued from the pound in Jan 2010

I use MyFitnessPal also and will hopefully be able to sync the FitBit with that and my Galaxy S3 phone. I'm looking forward to having a better idea of how much I'm moving during the day or how many calories I'm actually burning when doing different activities. It's hard having a desk job so hopefully that will encourage me to take some extra laps down the hallway
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field." --Dwight D Eisenhower

I have an S3 too! I love it
    Pisgah: 2000 AHHA (Holsteiner x TB) Mare (lower level eventing, with a focus on dressage)

Darcy: 7? year old Border Collie x Rottweiler? Drama Queen extraordinaire, rescued from the pound in Jan 2010

be sure and see the Crone's posting about her fitbit on her blog.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Gravity works, and the laws of physics are a bitch.

Member: Rabid Garden Snail Clique

I don't think I'm familiar with that blog... do you have a link?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Gravity works, and the laws of physics are a bitch.

Member: Rabid Garden Snail Clique

Quote Originally Posted by charismaryllis View Post
    LOL! Thank you for that. I have wondered how it's going to fare when I go to the barn. Too bad they don't offer FitBit insurance!

I'm waiting for the flex! Everyone in my office has a fitbit except me. I am so close to buckling and gettting a one, but I think the flex is more "me".

I had planned to hold out for a Flex but then caved and bought the One. Cant wait to hear reviews on the Flex though...

I got my Fitbit One after my normal pedometer died. I like the sleep tracking setting.

The stairs function I ignore pretty much.

I think overall it is a bit to sensitive for me here on the farm. Just driving around the farm it counts as steps though I can't blame it since it can be fairly rough ( 4 wheel drive in parts).

Last pedometer I averaged 15K-18K steps a day. Fitbit generally says close to 30K or more.

So overall i like it but not $120 like.

P.