The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

I guess that great conservative argument is not going to happen.....it always seems to be "I have my guns in my waist band to protect me" from the right wing. That is sad and the leadership is not putting forth anything else.

1 members found this post helpful.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

noms, the criminal justice arm of the legal system controls behavior. What you put in the legal system determines what behavior you control. We've seen LAW enforcement at work this week. That certainly controlled a lot of the locked down people's behavior. The military is often used to control behavior. Think the Civil War; think the national guard to prevent looting after natural disasters, to just mention a couple.

What about the American citizen who went to Syria to fight with the rebels, fired a grenade launcher over there and is now being prosecuted for the use of "weapons of mass destruction." That law and that prosecution are intended to control behavior.

The legal system and the military ARE society's way of controlling behavior.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    But Liberals reserve the 1st amendment only for themselves, they want to do away with the 2nd amendment entirely, and they throw the whole constitution out for aborted fetuses!!!!!!!!
    Bull Pockey. I'm a liberal, and I'm a gun owning "Amurican" with a CCW that I exercise. I've absolutely never made a comment on anything you've ever said and let you say it, every off topic day, so I don't believe I've ever tried to glom on to the first amendment for my liberal self. You can say what you want to say. And hence, folks can form their own opinion about what comes out of your mouth. People have the right to debate with you. Throwing insults and getting nasty is something people who don't have enough intelligence to back up their opinion do instead of having a genial discourse, even if it's something they feel strongly about in a hope to find a middle ground that can serve everyone.

The hell you say,,,HAHAHA. liberalism is a disease!
    You make it so inviting to try to have a conversation with you. Count me as one liberal you might actually have a lot in common with as absolutely not interested in having a spitballing session with, just to see if something sticks. It's possible.

Now, to make things clear, it's not that you are a conservative that raises my hackles. It's that you are a short fused, tunnel visioned individual who likes to see their own vitriol in print that makes me realize there is no gain in trying to engage you in any sort of discourse that might lead to the greater good. You have nothing to offer. On either side of the great political divide.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

17 members found this post helpful.

Noms is a caricature. One hopes the person behind it has more to offer

Quote Originally Posted by pezk View Post
    I don't believe LE identified the suspects before they killed the MIT policeman and carjacked the SUV.
    I also heard from local news that the suspects did not rob the 7-11. So much of the story is confusing and varies from one source to another.
    Photos of the suspects were released on Thursday morning, hours before the MIT policeman was killed.

I think the guy who was carjacked was key in all this, and very sensible to be avoiding being identified right now.
    You have to have experiences to gain experience.

Proudly owned by Mythic Feronia, 1998 Morgan mare; G-dspeed Trump & Minnie; welcome 2014 Morgan filly MtnTop FlyWithMeJosephine

Did the MIT policeman get a call off before he was shot? Didn't seem like anyone identified the suspects before the SUV hijacking.

I have wondered if Noms is one of those paid trolls that were talked about in the news a while back. Does it ever appear on anything but these political type threads, and does it ever do anything besides post things rather deliberately constructed to agitate? Look at how the pace of things on this thread increased when Noms reappeared. The only thing I can't figure out is why anyone would pay a troll to deliberately agitate on a horse forum like COTH?
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

An MIT researcher was locked in his office and called the MIT police; Officer Collier was dispatched and then was assassinated before he could get out of his vehicle.

From what I understand, the researcher is Russian, and somehow the suspects wanted to get at him. The situation surrounding this event has been vague since it happened, but the researcher has called Officer Collier a hero (obviously) and believes he saved his life.

This is what I've been hearing on the local news stations, I can try and get some links together later on today but we'll probably be long past this conversation by the time I'm home from work.
    RIP my beautiful Lola, ????–August 29, 2014

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    I have wondered if Noms is one of those paid trolls that were talked about in the news a while back. Does it ever appear on anything but these political type threads, and does it ever do anything besides post things rather deliberately constructed to agitate? Look at how the pace of things on this thread increased when Noms reappeared. The only thing I can't figure out is why anyone would pay a troll to deliberately agitate on a horse forum like COTH?
    Nope, it's on horse related topics as well. While it would be nice to think that nobody is quite THAT hateful, it looks like it's unfortunately the case.
    According to the Mayan calendar, the world will not end this week. Please plan your life accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    NY Times article about the suspect being charged after lawyers and officials convened in his hospital room. It includes a link to a transcript of the proceedings:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/23/us...S_BSI_20130422
    I'm re-posting this because it's a useful article with a link to the hospital transcript. You can also find copies of the criminal complaint and affidavit online. Those documents answer most of the crazy speculation on this thread.

I would like to think that this thread can return to a rational discussion of facts instead of ceding all power to the whackos by responding to every whacky thing they write.

4 members found this post helpful.

I believe this is the affidavit -

http://www.slideshare.net/olgaerkina...rnaevaffidavit

So what he became a citizen a just a little bit ago,.
    and WHEN a citizen becomes a citizen matters exactly HOW?
    one is either a citizen or one is not---you don't get brownie points for getting in line first.

5 members found this post helpful.

Just this week a man in Florida was questioned and admitted that he and the older bomber killed the three drug dealers, about two years ago, and that it was a business rivalry. So much for the story about the older bomber being so anti-drug, and that was why the murders happened. The man in Florida was killed by the FBI (I think the FBI) right after. The parents aren't coming to the U.S., for one reason the mother has an active arrest warrant against her for the shoplifting charge (over $1,600 from Lord & Taylor's).
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White