The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

I don't think we "know" that either suspect is Muslim, so again no facts.

Quote Originally Posted by alabama View Post
    You could have reprimanded Bristol Bay to whom Noms was responding. BB seems to have a problem with TEA Party members since she points out I was "defending" them. Seems she has the same kind of attitude that you're accusing Noms of having.

I didn't seem any "gloating" in Noms post - just pointing out facts.

And, really, do people here really think we think ALL Muslims are evil? I know that some of them are, just like some Christians are evil. Those Westboro Baptist cult people, for instance, are extremely evil.

Alabama - Redmonds post is the typical "holier that thou" response that is expected from the left.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    Yes we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    Yes we do.
    Where is your proof ?

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

From what I read, the younger one identified himself as a Muslim on his social network page. I think the older one was pretty disconnected from people unlike the younger one.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Where is your proof ?
    Where is your proof?????

Where is your proof?????
    Noms, was that meant just to annoy? If someone says "the answer is not known", no proof is necessary. Proof implies an answer/truth/given. You don't prove there isn't answer. But somehow I think you know that.

Next I expect someone to say "I know you are but what am I?"
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?

3 members found this post helpful.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

According to what's been dug up, the older brother was a devout Muslim and the younger one, not so much but very much interested in radical Islam and militant action in defense of the religion against outsiders like Russia and the US. It appears that the older brother was quieter and more stable while the younger one was somewhat unstable and likely the one who instigated the bombing - assuming they weren't working under the influence and coordination of others.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

He did identify as Muslim, and chechnyan and male. And single. And he likes/liked soccer. Not sure any of those things are "the reason".

I'm a little stunned that he's running. That is *not* normal for a terrorist.

2 members found this post helpful.

Where are you reading that the younger was less stable? Everything I'm reading seems to contradict that. The older has a daughter. And a wife, who may or may not be Christian (from 3 reports that I've read).

Law Enforcement and the FBI are looking into both suspects backgrounds. They may very well be Muslims and very well may have carried out the bombings for a specific "cause". But no one knows right now.

Making assumptions and parading them on a BB as facts, is simply irresponsible.

Alabama - Redmonds post is the typical "holier that thou" response that is expected from the left.
    Or perhaps it's my sadness and concern for the people of Boston - including several of my good friends who live there. I'm disgusted by the finger pointing and attempts to be divisive when people are suffering. But there are far more examples of people stepping up and helping their fellow man than there are of divisiveness, for which I am grateful.

6 members found this post helpful.

I would say the evidence points heavily in that direction.

The older brother mentioned it in that interview thing he did ("will box for passport" - featured in a Boston University publication several years ago, though the photographer has locked down his site) and talked about how his girlfriend converted to islam for him. They've also connected a youtube channel to him that featured jihadi videos. And the younger brother lists Islam as his interest on his FB page along with several islamic sites as "favorites"

While we certainly don't "know" much, those things really heavily suggest they are indeed muslim.
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

Law Enforcement and the FBI are looking into both suspects backgrounds. They may very well be Muslims and very well may have carried out the bombings for a specific "cause". But no one knows right now.

Making assumptions and parading them on a BB as facts, is simply irresponsible.
    So you should take your own advice then.

Thumbs up

Or perhaps it's my sadness and concern for the people of Boston - including several of my good friends who live there. I'm disgusted by the finger pointing and attempts to be divisive when people are suffering. But there are far more examples of people stepping up and helping their fellow man than there are of divisiveness, for which I am grateful.
    yes

AnneFS, the Daily Mail is on my list of daily, no pun intended, sites to check. They usually have tons more pictures and are ahead of even the Drudge Report.
    By the way, Drudge has tons of links up to stories on the suspects backgrounds,
    etc.

So you should take your own advice then.
    Noms, you cannot really be this obtuse...

6 members found this post helpful.

Where is your proof ?
    Interviews with friends and neighbors on NPR this morning stated:

That they were Muslim, and the woman in the household wore a hijab. The men were from a Muslim area of their native country.

Then you have this article:

Aunt says US suspect recently became devout Muslim Aunt

Uncle urges bombing suspect to turn self in

He said the older brother, Tamerlan, had become a devout Muslim about seven or eight years ago.

"When I was speaking to the older one, he started all this religious talk, 'Insh'allah' and all that, and I asked him, 'Where is all that coming from?'" said Tsarni, a corporate lawyer and executive.

He said his nephews had struggled to settle themselves in the U.S. and ended up "thereby just hating everyone.

Asked what he thought provoked the bombings, Tsarni said: "Being losers, hatred to those who were able to settle themselves. These are the only reasons I can imagine of. Anything else, anything else to do with religion, with Islam, it's a fraud, it's a fake."
    And I can believe the underlined part. But I am not going to believe that this man did not follow Islam.
    Last edited by Appsolute; Apr. 19, 2013 at 05:48 PM.

It is called hearsay, not proof. I'll wait for that.