The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 633
  1. #201
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4,315

    Default

    I don't think we "know" that either suspect is Muslim, so again no facts.



  2. #202
    Join Date
    Aug. 4, 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alabama View Post
    You could have reprimanded Bristol Bay to whom Noms was responding. BB seems to have a problem with TEA Party members since she points out I was "defending" them. Seems she has the same kind of attitude that you're accusing Noms of having.

    I didn't seem any "gloating" in Noms post - just pointing out facts.

    And, really, do people here really think we think ALL Muslims are evil? I know that some of them are, just like some Christians are evil. Those Westboro Baptist cult people, for instance, are extremely evil.

    Alabama - Redmonds post is the typical "holier that thou" response that is expected from the left.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Aug. 4, 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    I don't think we "know" that either suspect is Muslim, so again no facts.
    Yes we do.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    Yes we do.
    Where is your proof ?


    1 members found this post helpful.

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Mar. 30, 2007
    Location
    Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.
    Posts
    11,454

    Default

    From what I read, the younger one identified himself as a Muslim on his social network page. I think the older one was pretty disconnected from people unlike the younger one.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!


    1 members found this post helpful.

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Aug. 4, 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    Where is your proof ?
    Where is your proof?????



  7. #207
    Join Date
    Mar. 14, 2004
    Location
    Left coast, left wing, left field
    Posts
    6,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    Where is your proof?????
    Noms, was that meant just to annoy? If someone says "the answer is not known", no proof is necessary. Proof implies an answer/truth/given. You don't prove there isn't answer. But somehow I think you know that.

    Next I expect someone to say "I know you are but what am I?"
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

    Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?


    3 members found this post helpful.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Mar. 30, 2007
    Location
    Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.
    Posts
    11,454

    Default

    According to what's been dug up, the older brother was a devout Muslim and the younger one, not so much but very much interested in radical Islam and militant action in defense of the religion against outsiders like Russia and the US. It appears that the older brother was quieter and more stable while the younger one was somewhat unstable and likely the one who instigated the bombing - assuming they weren't working under the influence and coordination of others.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!



  9. #209
    Join Date
    Dec. 2, 2009
    Posts
    3,551

    Default

    He did identify as Muslim, and chechnyan and male. And single. And he likes/liked soccer. Not sure any of those things are "the reason".

    I'm a little stunned that he's running. That is *not* normal for a terrorist.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Dec. 2, 2009
    Posts
    3,551

    Default

    Where are you reading that the younger was less stable? Everything I'm reading seems to contradict that. The older has a daughter. And a wife, who may or may not be Christian (from 3 reports that I've read).


    1 members found this post helpful.

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4,315

    Default

    Law Enforcement and the FBI are looking into both suspects backgrounds. They may very well be Muslims and very well may have carried out the bombings for a specific "cause". But no one knows right now.

    Making assumptions and parading them on a BB as facts, is simply irresponsible.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Oct. 27, 2009
    Posts
    1,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    Alabama - Redmonds post is the typical "holier that thou" response that is expected from the left.
    Or perhaps it's my sadness and concern for the people of Boston - including several of my good friends who live there. I'm disgusted by the finger pointing and attempts to be divisive when people are suffering. But there are far more examples of people stepping up and helping their fellow man than there are of divisiveness, for which I am grateful.


    6 members found this post helpful.

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Oct. 8, 2002
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    9,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    I don't think we "know" that either suspect is Muslim, so again no facts.
    I would say the evidence points heavily in that direction.

    The older brother mentioned it in that interview thing he did ("will box for passport" - featured in a Boston University publication several years ago, though the photographer has locked down his site) and talked about how his girlfriend converted to islam for him. They've also connected a youtube channel to him that featured jihadi videos. And the younger brother lists Islam as his interest on his FB page along with several islamic sites as "favorites"

    While we certainly don't "know" much, those things really heavily suggest they are indeed muslim.
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

    My CANTER blog.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Aug. 4, 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    Law Enforcement and the FBI are looking into both suspects backgrounds. They may very well be Muslims and very well may have carried out the bombings for a specific "cause". But no one knows right now.

    Making assumptions and parading them on a BB as facts, is simply irresponsible.
    Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    I don't think we "know" that either suspect is Muslim, so again no facts.
    So you should take your own advice then.



  15. #215
    Join Date
    Mar. 24, 2012
    Posts
    1,793

    Thumbs up

    Or perhaps it's my sadness and concern for the people of Boston - including several of my good friends who live there. I'm disgusted by the finger pointing and attempts to be divisive when people are suffering. But there are far more examples of people stepping up and helping their fellow man than there are of divisiveness, for which I am grateful.
    yes



  16. #216
    Join Date
    Nov. 4, 2003
    Location
    Sanger, TX, USA
    Posts
    4,934

    Default

    AnneFS, the Daily Mail is on my list of daily, no pun intended, sites to check. They usually have tons more pictures and are ahead of even the Drudge Report.
    By the way, Drudge has tons of links up to stories on the suspects backgrounds,
    etc.



  17. #217
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    So you should take your own advice then.
    Noms, you cannot really be this obtuse...


    6 members found this post helpful.

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Mar. 24, 2012
    Posts
    1,793



  19. #219
    Join Date
    Oct. 26, 2007
    Location
    San Jose, Ca
    Posts
    5,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    Where is your proof ?
    Interviews with friends and neighbors on NPR this morning stated:

    That they were Muslim, and the woman in the household wore a hijab. The men were from a Muslim area of their native country.

    Then you have this article:

    Aunt says US suspect recently became devout Muslim Aunt

    Uncle urges bombing suspect to turn self in

    He said the older brother, Tamerlan, had become a devout Muslim about seven or eight years ago.

    "When I was speaking to the older one, he started all this religious talk, 'Insh'allah' and all that, and I asked him, 'Where is all that coming from?'" said Tsarni, a corporate lawyer and executive.

    He said his nephews had struggled to settle themselves in the U.S. and ended up "thereby just hating everyone.

    Asked what he thought provoked the bombings, Tsarni said: "Being losers, hatred to those who were able to settle themselves. These are the only reasons I can imagine of. Anything else, anything else to do with religion, with Islam, it's a fraud, it's a fake."
    And I can believe the underlined part. But I am not going to believe that this man did not follow Islam.
    Last edited by Appsolute; Apr. 19, 2013 at 05:48 PM.



  20. #220
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4,315

    Default

    It is called hearsay, not proof. I'll wait for that.



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: Apr. 19, 2013, 02:42 AM
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: Apr. 17, 2013, 11:04 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Aug. 15, 2012, 07:29 AM
  4. $140,000 Horse found dead after flight
    By spotnnotfarm in forum Off Course
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: Jul. 19, 2011, 12:06 PM
  5. Michael Baze found dead
    By keepthelegend in forum Racing
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: Jun. 4, 2011, 05:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •