The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RxCate View Post
    I really think the younger brother was/is along for the ride so to speak. I think the older brother was the one wrapped up in the terrorism idea, etc and somehow convinced the younger to join him.

Either way, this is frightening..
    I thought the same thing at first. But then heard the interview with one of his classmates, about his having posted on Facebook "why do we have to have women teach us?" and then removing it.

Have separately heard other interviews and quotes - his parents thinking he is a 2nd year med student

http://theweek.com/article/index/243...mbing-suspects.

Interview of his aunt in Canada saying how smart Tamarlan was. Some mention made about his dropping out of school.

With the "women teacher" reference, it's typical "women are evil" extreme Islamist excuse making.

The rest sounds like those guys who kill when they start to get found out - Philip Markoff, Christopher Porco, the Rockefeller family phony.

On a very sad note, although from the NYPost, so suspect, it does show this fellow behind young Martin Richard, who died in the bombing. http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...7YqLp0eqWoHfJO
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

1 members found this post helpful.

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Quote Originally Posted by Paddys Mom View Post
    Their aunt in Toronto is trying to say they were set up or framed.
    Whatever, lady!
    I can't imagine being the family of these boys right now. This whole situation is so senseless and tragic, but if the family really had no idea, it is even more shocking and senseless to them; now they have to reconcile their knowledge and love of their family members with the new knowledge that their family members killed and hurt innocent people. (I also have to feel some sympathy for the younger suspect if he really did run over his brother's body upon fleeing. I have no pity for him as a killer, but I am a sibling, and I had such a strong emotional reaction to reading that that I can't help but feel pity for him for that.) I hope this doesn't further escalate to go out in a blaze of "glory;" I'm so afraid that more innocent people are going to get hurt.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by alabama View Post
    I have never seen so many (news type) people hoping and hoping that an American killed other Americans. I was hoping it wasn't because, as an American, I can't imagine wanting to kill other Americans - especially random strangers. There are people I know IRL that I really dislike but I don't dream of killing them.
    I don't think it was about "wanting" it to be an American, as much as it was knowing what the alternatives could mean. I know a lot of brown people really hoping it wasn't a brown person, only because they've had so much hate directed their way since 9/11 (thinking of Sikhs being attacked because people didn't understand the turbans, the huge amount of anti-muslim sentiment, etc). I know I was afraid of another ramping up to foreign engagement and war - I don't want any more war. And I think some people are also tired of feeling terrified that we have all these enemies out there wanting to attack us. A homegrown crazy would just be a "crazy nut," something "we" could write off as a random thing and not part of a bigger movement where we would have to continue to worry about more threats/bombs once the perpetrator was found. I think there's a lot of reasons people were not wanting it to be a foreign terrorist job - none of them really about "wanting it" to be an american (or tea partier or what have you).

I think reality is more complicated. Foreign or domestic, white or brown, islamic or christian - there are crazies in all groups. This may well have been individual crazies. Or it could be part of something organized. If you stop and think it's probably equally terrifying no matter who is responsible, but I think people find some mental comfort in writing it off as a crazy person rather than part of some organized thing that could repeat over and over or lead us into another armed conflict, or fuel more racism and hatred and distrust in our own country.
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddys Mom View Post
    Their aunt in Toronto is trying to say they were set up or framed.
    Whatever, lady!
    I hope those two monstors RIH, and here's hoping the police quickly dispatch the second one, and allow him to join his brother.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    Of course not. That thread conveniently disappeared,,, who was it that posted the Tea Party, or the right wing was responsible ?
    Is this the thread you mean?

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...ointing-thread

I see alabama piping up to defend the tea party against something maybe from some other thread, and my post, which like many other opinions, expressed the idea that the date of the bombing was not coincidental.

Pointing out that the date has meaning to the militia movement does not mean that I or anyone else *wanted* the perps to be Americans anymore than some of the more conservative voices on here *wanted* them to be Muslims.
    A helmet saved my life.

2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by CVPeg View Post
    On a very sad note, although from the NYPost, so suspect, it does show this fellow behind young Martin Richard, who died in the bombing. http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...7YqLp0eqWoHfJO
    I saw that picture earlier. So, so horrible.

Oh, no, that photo is horrible. He's right there.

I posted earlier about the man who's picture with his legs blown off saw him, too. When he woke up from surgery he asked for pen & paper and wrote down, "Bag. saw the guy. looked right at me" and so he helped to identify him.

Meanwhile, stay away from this guy, or else maybe stick close to him because he's the luckiest guy. Was at the Boston Marathon, then flew to Texas and happened to be driving and saw/felt the fertilizer plant explosion: http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...explosion?lite

Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Is this the thread you mean?

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...ointing-thread

I see alabama piping up to defend the tea party against something maybe from some other thread, and my post, which like many other opinions, expressed the idea that the date of the bombing was not coincidental.

Pointing out that the date has meaning to the militia movement does not mean that I or anyone else *wanted* the perps to be Americans anymore than some of the more conservative voices on here *wanted* them to be Muslims.
    Well well, turns out is was not the Tea Party, and it WAS muslims.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne FS View Post
    Meanwhile, stay away from this guy, or else maybe stick close to him because he's the luckiest guy. Was at the Boston Marathon, then flew to Texas and happened to be driving and saw/felt the fertilizer plant explosion: http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...explosion?lite
    WOW.

He and the carjacking victim should both buy Powerball tickets this week. That is incredible!

Again, this sort of attitude is SO disgusting. Are you seriously gloating in a time like this? How about some compassion for the victims, some appreciation of the responders and heroes who stepped in to help (many of whom were undoubtedly also of the Islamic faith, btw)? There is something wrong with you.

12 members found this post helpful.

Bring back the red thumbs!

8 members found this post helpful.

I just hope they get the guy soon! I'm fortunate enough that I do not live "that" close to Boston, but close enough. I had a friend that was working in the med tent at the marathon and she told me that she saw things that she never could have been prepared for. Argh I can't hit the enter button on my computer to start a new paragraph...anyway, I still am wondering about the guy from Revere, the one that they went to his apartment earlier in the week and took stuff out of but he quickly was dismissed as a suspect. Well what the heck did they take from his apartment??
    Missouri Fox Trotters-To ride one is to own one

Standardbreds, so much more then a harness racing horse.

do you think they should toss the news people out NOW? It can't be helping broadcasting the locations constantly.

The poor officers are tense enough without having to push the press out of the way.
    "When you think you don't need a coach ...then you're in trouble" Don Imus 2012

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    Let's just call them both Canadian and leave it at that until we know for sure.
    Highly Offensive. Just Saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExJumper View Post
    Sometimes I'm thrown off, sometimes I'm bucked off, sometimes I simply fall off, and sometimes I go down with the ship. All of these are valid ways to part company with your horse.

Their aunt appears to be a few fries short of a Happy Meal. CBC News: "Toronto aunt of Boston bombing suspects says nephews 'innocent'"

Tsarnaeva, who says she was a lawyer in Kyrgyzstan, questions the evidence authorities have on her nephews.

"They are allowed to walk on the streets of Boston," she said. "They live in Cambridge, Norfolk street, which is five minutes from the cross-border between Cambridge and Boston. It's Monday, they are walking, maybe, you know, walking around for their business. Backpacks? How can this be suspicious, carrying backpacks? At the age of these boys."
    Even if you set aside the marathon ... what of being identified with the carjacked Mercedes SUV, robbery of the 7-Eleven, and of course after a shootout fleeing the police in the stolen SUV dying a bomb jacket on after being run over by the other brother ...

Maybe they were just out in the night air for "their business" in those cases too. Tin foil hat wackos.

You do understand Islam is a religion right?
    If I follow your definitions - then every christian is a - hate mongering member of the Westboro Baptist Church. Thankful I'm not a christian then.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExJumper View Post
    Sometimes I'm thrown off, sometimes I'm bucked off, sometimes I simply fall off, and sometimes I go down with the ship. All of these are valid ways to part company with your horse.

9 members found this post helpful.

The dad in Russia also says his sons are angels, so the entire family seems a few sandwiches short of a picnic in the accepting reality segment. And the uncle in Maryland keeps trying to distance himself from them, but I think that's self interest, not real condemnation. First of all, wrong direction, because I'm sure bomber #1 is burning in hell next to McVeigh, and bomber #2 will soon join him.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by Glimmerglass View Post
    Their aunt appears to be a few fries short of a Happy Meal. CBC News: "Toronto aunt of Boston bombing suspects says nephews 'innocent'"
    Even if you set aside the marathon ... what of being identified with the carjacked Mercedes SUV, robbery of the 7-Eleven, and of course after a shootout fleeing the police in the stolen SUV dying a bomb jacket on after being run over by the other brother ...

Maybe they were just out in the night air for "their business" in those cases too. Tin foil hat wackos.
    Maybe crazy just runs in the family.

I just heard that my sister-in-law, who works at Boston General, is stuck there while the hospital is on lockdown again. Second day this week.

I want to know why in the hell people in this country still thing that radical muslims should be shown any respect. I am totally shocked at some of the things I am reading on here. I stayed off these threads because I had a sickening feeling people would be making excuses for terrorists.
    Not all mind you. Wow, people. When is this country going to stop being PC. and worry about the people in our country.
    The cowards that did this, I do not care what they masqueraded as, Nice college kids, boxers, wanted to be American. Remember the hiJackers on 9/11 immersed themselves in our culture in just the same fashion, Many people who had come in contact with them before the incident had never thought anything odd about them. That is their MO.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by JanM View Post
    The dad in Russia also says his sons are angels, so the entire family seems a few sandwiches short of a picnic in the accepting reality segment.
    Well it's not like they've had a lot of time to digest the information. I imagine I would have an extremely hard time if I found out my own son did something like this and was leading another life I knew nothing about. I kind of hate when they dig the families up so quickly, I mean, they are JUST waking up and finding out that their relatives have been named, that people they've known their whole lives and bounced on their knees and loved are not the people they knew. Then you throw a bunch of cameras and microphones in their face and, well, what do you expect?
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

8 members found this post helpful.