The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RxCate View Post
    Nikki, I don't know what line of work you're in, but I'm surprised you chose/were made, to go into work today...
    From her previous post in this thread it sounds like we (general society we) some what needed the likes of Nikki to go to work today, even in this scary situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki^ View Post
    Some of us walked to work as we are hospital staff. It's really quiet here too.
    Its strange that the swat team that was on front of the Shaprio building this week are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey the Marcher View Post
    Not sure how he thinks he's going to get away, as he has a very distinctive look/face/hair that has been plastered on every Television and computer screen in the US, hell the world.
    It would be great if he were applying that much logic to the situation, but somehow I doubt it.

I, too, was wondering if they found the SUV he had last night.

not at work today either, though I can do some stuff from home. It is such a lovely day that I just may play hooky and go ride... Basically no chance that the guy who's still at large would be anywhere up here.

BTW re Nikki -- yes, if she was on an overnight shift she's probably stranded. The hospital where I work is keeping the overnight folks there until things are more normal/the T is running again.
    You have to have experiences to gain experience.

Proudly owned by Mythic Feronia, 1998 Morgan mare; G-dspeed Trump & Minnie; welcome 2014 Morgan filly MtnTop FlyWithMeJosephine

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    From her previous post in this thread it sounds like we (general society we) some what needed the likes of Nikki to go to work today, even in this scary situation.
    Sorry, didn't see that she was hospital staff - definitely need her! Thank you nikki and others on duty today in the area hospitals/emergency personnel.

Guess I'm a little behind the 8-ball today.
    Friend of bar.ka!
    Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    GM quote of the day, regarding the correct way to do things:
    "There's correct, and then there's correct. If you're almost correct, that means you're wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    It would be great if he were applying that much logic to the situation, but somehow I doubt it.

I, too, was wondering if they found the SUV he had last night.
    Yes, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of logic or direction in what they've been up to. Robbed a 7-11?? Shot a police officer in a car?? Looks more like a crime spree than a religious/ideological motivated actions.
    ----//\\----
    ---//--\\---
    --//----\\--
    -//------\\-

The carjacked SUV was driven to Watertown. Looking at video, it appears to have been towed away, taken by authorities.

Looks more like a crime spree than a religious/ideological motivated actions.
    Not necessarily -if trying to avoid capture and need supplies in which case those things could happen. don't know...

Yes, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of logic or direction in what they've been up to. Robbed a 7-11?? Shot a police officer in a car?? Looks more like a crime spree than a religious/ideological motivated actions.
    Heckyl and Jeckyl. Seriously. You've just successfully bombed the biggest sporting event in the world and you then rob a 7-11? Driving down the street throwing bombs out the window? If it wasn't so scary it would be funny. My kids were saying this morning it "sounds like one of those crime caper movies you're always making us watch." The ones where the criminals are idiots.
    blogging at HN: http://www.horsenation.com/
    check out my writing: http://jeseymour.com

1 members found this post helpful.

Anon just posted that the older brother had posted a radicalist prophecy on YouTube. I could see if the older brother was radical, that he'd rope the younger one in. Ugh.

I also read that the vehicle has already been located. That was the suspect's own car.

The land of heat waves and unbearable humidity

Xx. Guy is running in a Honda civic316 ES9

license plate. Check all cars
    "Common sense is so rare nowadays, it should be classified as a super power."-Craig Bear Laubscher

Ok, now I've just heard something that leaves me cold. An NBC interview of a gal friend of his from school mentioning how he was just a nice, quiet guy. But then he posted something on FB earlier - why are women teachers allowed to teach them? Which he then later erased.

Not so much centered news coverage on one area now. Have to get back to real life as well. Thinking of all of you in MA & other areas, and hope this ends soon and with no additional suffering.
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

I wonder if they had a (sadly effective) plan in place for Monday, then hit the panic button yesterday when their pictures suddenly were plastered everywhere. They may not have expected that turn of events.

Otherwise you would think they would have skipped town sooner rather than later.

I feel like I am watching a deleted scene from The Town.
    I spoke with my mother-in-law in Medford, and even that town is shut down...she received a call from the police as she was about to head to Andover to my brother-in-laws, that she was to stay inside.
    Craziness. I hope they catch the other brother soon.
    And RIP to the MIT officer who was killed.
    Lori T
    www.calypsofarmeventers.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/LTEquine for product updates on the lines I rep

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsFarm View Post
    And the other just 19yo.

The whole idea makes me very sad.
    Sad for the victims of the violent & cowardly attack.
    Sad for the young men whose minds somehow became so warped as to participate in carrying it out.
    I believe the post you were responding to was stating that the murdered MIT officer was 26 years old, not referring to the dead, older brother terrorist (although he too, is in his 20's).

Sean Collier, 26 years old, rest in peace and thank you for your service and for paying the ultimate price. http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2013/v...lier-0419.html

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnTreader View Post
    I believe the post you were responding to was stating that the murdered MIT officer was 26 years old, not referring to the dead, older brother terrorist (although he too, is in his 20's).

Sean Collier, 26 years old, rest in peace and thank you for your service and for paying the ultimate price. http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2013/v...lier-0419.html
    I believe the older, dead terrorist was also 26. The two men who died were the same age, but one gave his life in the line of duty to protect people. He was a hero. The other, not so much.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki^ View Post
    Xx. Guy is running in a Honda civic316 ES9

license plate. Check all cars

Apparently the Honda was found empty.
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

The land of heat waves and unbearable humidity

Car located. We think they got him.
    "Common sense is so rare nowadays, it should be classified as a super power."-Craig Bear Laubscher

ugh Reddit is down and it was my play play since I can't watch the video...hope they nab this guy soon....much more the story I think. I hope no other lives are lost.

Anyone know- what is the best link for updated/ confirmed official information?

the reddit page is full of wrong information and gossip. I'd rather have validated info even if it takes longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Crockpot View Post
    Anyone know- what is the best link for updated/ confirmed official information?

the leaked scanner page is full of wrong information and gossip.
    I lost my scanner feed....Reddit was amazing....I'm looking for live updates too....just reading Twitter now..