The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Huff Post and local Boston news says similar,
    Associated Press reporting that the surviving Boston bomb suspect is identified as Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev.
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

The Boston news sources I saw are reporting that they are brothers, and the one still on the loose is 19. The older brother who is dead was 26.

The news is now saying that the older brother (26 yrs old), who is now dead has been in the US for a number of years, the younger brother (19) has also been in the US for some time,(possibly the same length of time as his older brother) and it seems they both went to college in the US, studying engineering.

People looking for a conspiracy may be out of luck. It seems these two were acting on their own - for whatever reasons.
    I too hope the young man is captured before more innocent people are injured or killed.

(eta sorry ^ we were posting at the same time)
    A FINE ROMANCE - JC Reg Thoroughbred - GOLD Premium CSHA - ISR/OLDNA Approved
    CSHA Brickenden Stallion Award Winner - for Performance offspring.
    Please visit A Fine Romance on FB!

This site has video posted by someone who woke up this morning to see a SWAT team of about a dozen guys searching his garage.

http://scribblelive.mobi/Event/Live_...e=4013&lang=en

I hope nobody in that neighborhood has a dog or cat that might jump out unexpectedly when the SWAT team is in action. That could end badly.

From the Boston Globe blog this morning

The Russian social website vKontakte (In Contact) has a page of a Dzhokhar Tsarnaev who lists himself as a resident of Boston and a member of the class of 2011 at Cambridge Rindge & Latin School. The school lists a Dzhokhar Tsarnayev as its athlete of the month for February 2011, and the recipient of a Cambridge scholarship in 2011.

The vKontakte page says that Tsarnayev studied at School No. 1 from 1999 to 2001 in Mkhachkala, which is in Dagestan, a predominantly Muslim republic on the eastern border of Chechnya. According to the profile, Tsarnayev is a member of the group “Everything About the Chechen Republic.”

The profile lists Tsarnayev’s languages as English, Russian and Chechen, and lists him as a Muslim. The posts were made well before the Boston Marathon bombing, and are mostly jokes and humorous videos. The last post was in 2012.

And here's a reassuring post from the Twitter feed going out :

RT @EdDavis3: Controlled explosion on Charles St. in Boston by BPD bomb squad. Do not be concerned.
    by Garrett Quinn via twitter edited by Teresa Hanafin, Boston.com 7:12 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    The news is now saying that the older brother (26 yrs old), who is now dead has been in the US for a number of years, the younger brother (19) has also been in the US for some time,(possibly the same length of time as his older brother) and it seems they both went to college in the US, studying engineering.

People looking for a conspiracy may be out of luck. It seems these two were acting on their own - for whatever reasons.
    The fact that they were in the US for a long time doesn't say anything about whether they were or weren't acting on their own.

However, the fact that they were in the US for a long time and attending college, etc, likely means that there will be PLENTY of information for the experts to go through and hopefully figure out what the motivation was.

Police just surrounded a house in Watertown and there appears to be shooting or explosions. Someone's coming out...a woman just was let out/brought out...

Chechens. Go figure. I suspect there's a lot of disappointment among those hoping it was angry white males protesting taxes and gun control....

3 members found this post helpful.

Hope there are no more innocent people hurt in this. So scary.

I admit I am confused why they let the carjacking victim go.

Interview with one of his high school friends on CNN - very taken aback that he could be involved. Said he went to U Mass Amherst - believed he was on spring break. Had been a lifeguard at Harvard U.

Police just surrounded a house in Watertown and there appears to be shooting or explosions. Someone's coming out...a woman just was let out/brought out...

Chechens. Go figure. I suspect there's a lot of disappointment among those hoping it was angry white males protesting taxes and gun control....

I don't care who he is or where he came from. That can be figured out later.

Just fervently hope they get him, please, soon before any more innocent people are killed.

It's hard to focus on anything else right now.

4 members found this post helpful.

Should this thread be stickied at the top?

Many of us are focussed on this now and this board(for some of us) is the best place to discuss and communicate

They're bringing in canine units to School St, Watertown.

This is so reminiscent of a gunman who killed 4 in nearby Herkimer NY last month. Law enforcement closed down the town while he was on the run overnight. They were centered on one street, believing him to be in an abandoned business, brought in canine units to locate the gunman, who shot at the dog, and law enforcement killed the shooter.

^ Eh. Crockpot, I doubt it needs a sticky. It will probably keep getting bumped up to the top of the page all day.

CVPeg, you're right. I hope they can get this guy without losing any more officers, K-9 or human. Or civilians.

1 members found this post helpful.

Here's a guy with a story:

"Police were in a standoff with the vehicle just down the hill," Ramirez said. They ordered one suspect out and commanded him to strip down completely naked before putting him in a patrol car, which did not leave the scene.

"The man was later released and is not a suspect in the case."

Yikes, my dear friend just sent me a pic of a swat team swarming her street and coming to her house.
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

On CNN the cameras have been focusing on a building that says Realty Executives - it's listed as 55 School St, Watertown.

The following is from a link MHM posted, http://scribblelive.mobi/Event/Live_...e=4013&lang=en

In the WBZ-TV phone interview, the man the station identified as the uncle of the suspects, called the older brother "a loser." He said the brothers came to the US in 2000 or 2001. They went to college, he said, but not in Boston. He said the younger brother, Dzhokha, was a good student. He also said the brothers' parents are back in Russia.
    by Teresa Hanafin, Boston.com 8:38 AM

From MHM

Eh. Crockpot, I doubt it needs a sticky. It will probably keep getting bumped up to the top of the page all day.
    wow. really?

Funny you felt the need to post your disagreement with this suggestion in the circumstances