The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by OneGrayPony View Post
    I waited until an opportune moment and flirted like mad with him. We're still married. As it turned out he liked me but sent really lousy signals. I thought he was just being friendly - ha!!

I think we women over think this. I wanted like a blazing red sign, but he was equally afraid of being rejected.
    I also OVERestimate my signals. I always think I'm being loud and clear, and here he thinks I'm just being friendly.
    "Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." ~John Wooden

Phoenix Animal Rescue

Quote Originally Posted by TickleFight View Post
    Well that's good. As my grandmother says, "If you can't be happy by yourself, then who else are you going to be happy with?"
    Definitely. Society puts WAY too much pressure on the idea that a woman needs a man to "be complete". Utter nonsense.

While I adore my husband beyond belief, if it hadn't "happened", I can't ever have seen myself wolfing around wringing my hands simply because I didn't have my own man. Ridiculous in this day & age.

oh just go get drunk together and make out with him. seriously.
    then if he doesn't feel the same way you can blame it on the alcohol
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

2 members found this post helpful.

Yes! Yes! What Petstorejunkie said!!

Otherwise, both of you are so shy that you will bobble and dance around the issue for the next 90 years. At least _pretend_ to get drunk and at some point put your head on his shoulder, snuggle up, and see what happens.

There is a country music song that has the chorus, "You gonna kiss me or what? We gonna do this or not?" or words to that effect. Go find that song and blast it out of your radio to inspire you.

Or, it is Spring. Ask him if he wants to come to the barn with you on some romantic spring night. Just say, toward the end of work, "Hey, I'm going to go check on my horse. Want to come?" If he doesn't "get it" after being introduced to your horse, he's worthless anyway. :-)

Honestly. Once a person is married, singlehood seems so attractively simple in comparison. :-)

Oh I'm all about getting drunk and making out. I don't know why we haven't done it already. This is why I tried to forget about it, and did for a while. But lately I'm thinking I'm missing an opportunity.

He's already met the horse ... he's into it. He has a truck perfect for hauling too I think our main obstacles are 1. he's just not that forward a guy, and I am used to guys being more direct and 2. he's a workaholic, seriously, bad case. It's hard to get him alone when we're not working.

Default Hmmm.

"It's hard to get him alone when we're not working."

Hmmmm.
    Hmmmm.

Just askin' -- by any chance, are you "pretty sure he's into you" just because you're into him? If he hasn't made any moves, and he's not gay, and it's hard to get him alone when you're not working..... I dunno. I am concerned that, maybe, "he's just not that into you?" I don't want to hurt your feelings, but, now that I hear the latest, my "move on" dial is twitching.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by SharonA View Post
    "It's hard to get him alone when we're not working."

Hmmmm.
    Hmmmm.

Just askin' -- by any chance, are you "pretty sure he's into you" just because you're into him? If he hasn't made any moves, and he's not gay, and it's hard to get him alone when you're not working..... I dunno. I am concerned that, maybe, "he's just not that into you?" I don't want to hurt your feelings, but, now that I hear the latest, my "move on" dial is twitching.
    Ditto. I particularly would be cautious about the "getting drunk" - or even pretending to - idea. That's really on the juvenile side, & I can't see that working out well in the long run regardless of what happens. Having some guy continue dating you because you both got liquored up & "did" something isn't something I'd base a lasting relationship on. Why would you want him to see you as that sort of person? Especially if you work with him, that could end up a lasting embarrassment - even for just a friendship.

Just ask him to a movie or lunch or dinner or something. Period. One of 3 things will happen - he'll happily accept, he'll have to decline for some reason but sincerely want a raincheck, or he'll decline in a way that most likely will make you realize that he's just not into you.

3 members found this post helpful.