The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Wondering here as well! Bump for OP!

Hoping for an update as well... Bump for OP

Yes...OP don't leave us hanging!!!
    www.crosscreeksporthorses.com
    Breeders of Painted Thoroughbreds and Uniquely Painted Irish Sport Horses in Northeast Oklahoma

I really hope Jenct will give us an update!
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

Me too. Every time I see this come back to the front page I open it to see if there is an update.

Every time I see this bumped, I think there's an update.........and then the disappointment sets in when I see there's not.

I'm guessing that since the OP chose a route that was not supported by most of the posters, she is not interested in re-engaging in this thread. Totally fine; it's her pony
    *CrowneDragon*
    As Peter, Paul, and Mary say, a dragon lives forever.

1 members found this post helpful.

Sorry - I haven't been on the forums since we let the pony go for a month lease. I didn't realize so many of you were waiting to hear from me until I received a private message tonight asking for an update!

Honestly, it was a very hard time for me wondering if I did the right thing or not. I know many of you thought I was naive in this whole transaction - it was my first time ever selling and I relied on my trainer for advice. I don't think selling is her strong point, to be honest. We did have a contract, they did take out insurance, and I did get paid for the lease.

It was not a seamless transaction in the least. They were very challenging to work with on this which made it very difficult on me emotionally. While our pony was gone, another boarder at our barn let my DD ride one of her horses while she was busy studying for finals. That made it somewhat easier on my DD.

So, in the end they did end up buying her!! They bought her on Monday. They paid our full asking price as well. They love the pony and sent us a picture of the new pair together, which was nice to see. I am glad this story has a happy ending. I wasn't sure if we would have one!

Now we will start horse shopping and hope that as a buyer, the transaction will be much smoother!

15 members found this post helpful.

Thank goodness!

They know by now if they link the pony. I've seen this so many times where people want to keep a pony on trial so the kid can have something to ride until they fine a pony they like better and then they send your pony back. They either need to buy the pony for send it back. The longer it's gone the more likely something is to happen then you are out the sale price of a pony and have one that need rehab. Get your pony back someone else will come along or they can buy the pony.

Thank you for the update! Glad it all turned out ok.

Glad it all worked out well in the end!!! Whew!!!
    My Mustang Adventures - Mac, my mustang | Annwylid D'Lite - my Cob filly

"A horse's face always conveys clearly whether it is loved by its owner or simply used." - Anja Beran

You should have good karma for your purchase after that!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Good for you!! Always glad to hear of a happy ending.
    www.crosscreeksporthorses.com
    Breeders of Painted Thoroughbreds and Uniquely Painted Irish Sport Horses in Northeast Oklahoma

Hi. I did a month trial to get my pony and We are not always bad. We just want a little security in not being stuck with something that we did not sign up for. My pony the first day bucked me off (he had been sitting in a field and threw his old owner off. I had done a trial ride and he was really good. But then we got him home.) My arm was hurt a little from it and I was pretty sure we would end the trial but my mom said to just hang in and see what some lunging and a lot of transitions to get him to listen would do. We ended up getting him because he improved so greatly with knowing he had a rider he could rely on. But getting him paid for was awful! Luckily it wasn't my moms first rodeo and had a good contract written up and thank god she didn't want him back. We paid the full amount but she kept trying to get us to pay more. Luckily we had the contract and after she was finally paid off that was the last of her. (We didn't miss any payments.) Mom later went searching for his first owner (I am his third. Not counting the person he was rescued from.) Turns out she had a right to first refusal with the lady we bought him from and she had no clue he was even sold. I honestly like trials cause I know it's a pain when you have a shady seller. And the same goes for a shady buyer. Just so ya know some of us are honest

As a mom who recently shopped for a first horse for my daughter, I would like to thank jenct and all the other horse sellers who are generous about trials. Buying a horse for a kid is not the same as a pro rider buying a horse. It is not necessarily going to be evident on Day 1 or even Day 7 if it's a good match.

We kept one pony on trial (with the seller's agreement) for 3 weeks. During this time we took wonderful care of the pony and even (again with the seller's permission) had the farrier out to trim her hooves. The reason we kept her for so long was that she had some quirks while jumping, and we wanted to see if the partnership would trend toward my daughter managing them, or the opposite. Unfortunately, it was the opposite, and with regret, we sent the pony back. Also, the pony had not been off its property in years, and was pretty spooky when she arrived at our barn. We wanted to see if she would settle after she got used to the new environment.

Another boarder at our barn had a pony on trial for a week and the pony was great. But week 3, it started bucking its young riders off. Don't know if it was soreness or just sourness as it realized its new job (giving lessons to several novices). Unfortunately, it was not a good fit for the role for which it was purchased, and had to go back.

Parents understandably want a safe, happy experience for their child. While an advanced adult rider might be able to handle a wide variety of horses, the range of horses that will be a good, confidence-building fit for any given kid is probably much smaller.

Thanks to all the sellers who understand this and will allow trials.