The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Survivor

Anyone catch Wed night Survivor? I won't spoil it for anyone that DVR'd it or whatever but it was far and above the BESTEST tribal council EVER!!!!
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

I wouldn't call it the BEST tribal, but certainly interesting.

Ok, I will SPOIL or is that spoiler??

Ya the idiot is finally GONE. Philip, what an ego. So sad he had childhood trama so he would not participate in the immunity challenge swimming, yeah whatever. The guy who won, wow doesn't HE have the body to die for.

He is totally wacko jacko that Fill-up.

To be on this show you need to be in tri-athalon shape. Fill-up certainly is not.

The nerdy type guy, gee my 12# dog has a better set of pecs/boobs than he does. **I** have better pecs than he does. Sheesh, dude, lift some weights! He would be totally worthless on a farm. (oh let me get that 40# of feed for you mr. flat chest).

Now the guy who won the challenge, oh my, he would be totally farm worthy!

Ok, I need a guy who can BE a guy, and stronger than me, and not me stronger than he is.

What is so funny is that Phillip's brother is the Chief of Police in Rochester, NY and he seems to be an OK guy.

I think the nerd is Chocoran and, yep, pretty useless but kinda sweet and funny. I like nerds to be honest as they are certainly less likely to cheat on you than Reynolds, Edie, and Malcolm but those 3 guys sure would be useful at putting up some hay and doing other farm chores. Not bad to look at either.
    Sue
    Back in my day, we didn't have as many warning labels because people weren't so dang stupid!

Thumbs up to whatever helps Malcom stay in the game longer!!!
    A friend told me I was delusional. I almost fell off my unicorn.

2 members found this post helpful.

Yes, I hope Malcom wins the whole thing. He was the TRUE TRUE survivor when he was on last time.

Wow he is in such great physical shape too.

I like smart nerdy types, married to one, however, he is quite strong and fit. I like that in a man.

I still love Malcolm from last time he was on. But I wouldn't be upset if the cute guy who won immunity last night would win. Those 2 guys are buff, and aren't crazy.

But they are outnumbered, so not likely that all 3 of those amigos will get to the end. I don't care if they are smart or not.

Absolutely great tribal last night! Still rooting for Malcolm. Wanted him to win last time he played, so fingers crossed for him.

Fantastic Tribal Council! I loved every minute. And when Phillip ("two L's in the middle, a P on each end") got the boot, I stood up and did the happy dance. I DVR the show and I dislike Phillip so much that I was fast-forwarding every time he opened his mouth.

I feel sorry for poor Michael, though. He's going to have to spend a week alone at the Ponderosa with Phillip.

I was also glad to see Phillip get the boot. And the move with the two immunity necklaces was classic.

I kind of like Dawn, though. I hope she can keep it together a while longer.

TOUCHE'!

I have been a huge fan of Survivor for a long time (runs and hides ), and I force my poor DH to watch it with me. Which he does, very, very grudgingly...

It's the ONE reality show which I have ever found absorbing enough to make "appointment television", and have followed it with rapt interest since the beginning. Here I thought I was ALL ALONE, since I personally know NO one who is a fan. Including (and especially) my poor husband

Phillip--What an ASS! Really a self-parody, at this point, and completely unbearable. I'm with NoSuchPerson, every time he opened his mouth I would and stick my fingers in my ears (LaLaLa!), Ugh, what a self-important, bloated self-aggrandizing gasbag. With absolutely NO camera on!

I too was dancing around the room and squealing with glee when "The Three Amigos" (brilliant move, could not possibly have been scripted) pulled off their "coup." And I am generally not a fan of the himbos on the show--or the bimbos--but these guys deserve to stick around, they have earned it. NOT so the likes of Phillip. What a relief that he *finally* got his long-deserved comeuppance and a snuffed out torch. Hey Phillip, don't let the door hit you in the self-absorbed arrogant ass on the way down the dark path.

HA!

LOVE it!

He should be interesting on the jury, though...
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

3 members found this post helpful.

I'm with you, Doc - I honestly don't think I've missed more than an episode or two since the first season! My husband hates it too, but we work it out. It's the only reality show competition that I enjoy.

Malcolm really blindsided everyone with the extra hidden idol! That was great. I truly hope he finds a way back into the good graces of his former teammates and makes it to the final vote. He has proven to be a worthy competitor! Which ultimately puts a target on his back.

Cochran seems to have evolved since his first trip. I like him much more than before, and I hope he sneaks into the finals too, even if he did write Malcolm's name down - at least he showed loyalty to his alliance. I think all that may be about to change, with Agent Pink Underpants gone. Time to play the game!

HOORAY!!!! I couldn't understand what TOOK THEM SO LONG!!!! Bleah.....

Dawn - I don't know. She's cracking. Something there...

I'm another Malcolm fan. And agree that Cochran has matured some since last time.

REALLY??? Fed-up's brother is a real human and CoP in Rochester? Poor dude. Brother, not Fed-up.
    www.ayliprod.com
    Equine Photography in the Northeast

Quote Originally Posted by ccoronios View Post
    REALLY??? Fed-up's brother is a real human and CoP in Rochester? Poor dude. Brother, not Fed-up.
    Yep, Chief of Police for the city of Rochester. I've only ever seen him on TV and he seems like a good CoP-nothing like his nut-case bro for sure. I'm sure he's taken a lot of grief from his officers about it and the local public.

It does make me glad though I live in a small town outside of Rottenchester, oops, Rochester.
    Sue

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by msj View Post
    What is so funny is that Phillip's brother is the Chief of Police in Rochester, NY and he seems to be an OK guy.
    Really? Are you serious? I so did not know this. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSuchPerson View Post
    Fantastic Tribal Council! I loved every minute. And when Phillip ("two L's in the middle, a P on each end") got the boot, I stood up and did the happy dance. I DVR the show and I dislike Phillip so much that I was fast-forwarding every time he opened his mouth.
    So glad I am not the only one who does that. I just can not stand to hear him carry on about his wonderfulness.

I so wanted to high five those three guys for pulling that off. Great moment in survivor history.

On Fill-up not being willing to do the challenge because of his boyhood trauma, what a joke. The raft had a huge hole in the middle of it, you could pop up at almost any time to get air.

I am a huge fan of the show. I know it's sad, but I've never missed an episode. Sheesh. (Though a few I've had to watch on Tivo or online). I thought it was a highly-entertaining tribal. I was nervous thining Malcom would keep his idol. Whew, glad he didn't. But I loved watching the faces of everyone on the other side. Classic.

Chocran is very witty and very intelligent. I just love to listen to him talk. Score one for the nerd.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde