The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Real housewives

Did anyone see on the RHOBH Yolanda said she spends 100-300k a year for her daughters horse? I'm just wondering if anyone has ever actually seen her daughter around on the circuit....

I know of people that have seen other "celebrity" daughters that ride, but i've never even seen or heard of this girl.

Yes, she did the Thermal circuit, fairly certain she came away with a circuit title in the Eq division..

Bella Hadid is her (the daughter's) name - not Foster. She's gone through quite a few horses (not in a bad way) in the past couple years. She's a good little rider, I've seen her at some shows in California

2 members found this post helpful.

Yes, I know Yolanda and her daughters from years ago when they lived in my town and boarded at the barn I am at. They are very sweet girls and her daughter rides here during the summer show. I'm sure that her daughter rides more on the "A" curcuit in LA now.

1 members found this post helpful.

If you google her name + horse you can find a ton of info. She is/was on the Malibu High School Interscholastic Riding League (wish I had one of THOSE in high school!). Horse is named Night Cap... at least the one I keep seeing mentioned. Kost Karazissis is/was trainer.

I saw the episode where they were at the barn and she was riding. The little bit of actual riding I saw I was very impressed by the rider and the horse. Seemed like a great team and she was very nice. I did hear her say that she wished she could afford more than one horse for her daughter because most of the girls around there have 2 or 3 horses and it cost 100 to 300k for the one horse. I wouldn't doubt she spends that much for a nice horse to do the As with and the board around there and lessons. I'm sure the horse is well cared for also which takes money.

It's like dance moms, I think we need a show called horse moms at one of the big A barns lol. Now I'd like that.
    Horses aren't our whole life, but makes our life whole

17 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by rabicon View Post
    It's like dance moms, I think we need a show called horse moms at one of the big A barns lol. Now I'd like that.
    I'd watch that.

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by rabicon View Post
    I saw the episode where they were at the barn and she was riding. The little bit of actual riding I saw I was very impressed by the rider and the horse. Seemed like a great team and she was very nice. I did hear her say that she wished she could afford more than one horse for her daughter because most of the girls around there have 2 or 3 horses and it cost 100 to 300k for the one horse. I wouldn't doubt she spends that much for a nice horse to do the As with and the board around there and lessons. I'm sure the horse is well cared for also which takes money.

Sounds terrifying and amazing all at once, but I am a sucker for reality shows and Dance Moms is on my list.

2 members found this post helpful.

Former Long Islander now in the middle of the Great Lakes

" The Real Horseshow Moms of New York "
    or How a kid can make their Mom cry in 30 seconds or less just for telling their them good job"

I would absolutely get sucked into "Real Horseshow Moms!" What a cluster of a show that would be!

I can 100% believe that keeping a horse in high style in LA, and training and showing there, could run into 6 figures a year. And if her daughter is moving up and they are trading up horses with any regularity, the number, even for having only one horse at a time, could get very high.
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

I'm not questioning the amount believe me I know... It's just that I asked around at my barn and none of the juniors knew her

Some one quick get on producing horseshow moms!

Quote Originally Posted by JumpHigh View Post
    Some one quick get on producing horseshow moms!
    I promise to split "creator" credit with rabicon

I would definitely watch that show. I miss the young riders shows they used to have on TV that followed, well, young riders. The mom part of it would bring in a much wider audience though. Whose going to pitch it to Lifetime!

They actually were shopping around a pony moms type show. Don't know if it was nixed or what but I haven't heard anything about it in a while, though they were holding casting calls.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

Quote Originally Posted by Long Spot View Post
    They actually were shopping around a pony moms type show. Don't know if it was nixed or what but I haven't heard anything about it in a while, though they were holding casting calls.
    They probably decided the pony moms were too over the top for reality tv.

12 members found this post helpful.

I heard that it got put together and then TLC was looking to put trainers against each other and the trainers refuses to be a part of it.
    Mendokuse

Ok, this is my silly brainwiring acting up, but when I read the name of the trainer, it took me a while to realize it was a person's name not Kost Kriziss (as in a clever take on cost crisis

LOL, whats in a name, right:?
    Horses should be trained in such a way that they not only love their riders, but look forward to the time they are with them.
    ~ Xenophon, 350 B.C.

I would love if someone created a reality equestrian show. I believe it would be much more dramatic then any reality show currently in existence. LOL