The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Freaked out by these recurring dreams

First off, I never remember anything I dream about when I wake up the next morning. I'll go weeks without having one (or at least that I can remember when I wake up).

A couple months ago I had a dream that I was being molested and raped by someone I know IRL. It was a very vivid dream.

A few weeks later, I had a simliar dream. The first part involved me being thrown from a crashing helicoptor. I remember falling and I halfway woke up because I literally thought that I fell out of my bed. Only after trying to find the edge of the bed did I realize I was still in it. Once I fell back to sleep, the next thing I remember was being in this guy's office, same guy as in the first dream, and being molested/raped again. My parents were also in this dream after the act was committed.

Last night, similar dream. Was at a business dinner with the same guy who was in all the other dreams. This time friends/other staff are there. The guy is "cuddling" up on me when others are not looking and then after the dinner is over I'm molested and raped again.

Every single dream is one of those "so vivid that I wake up wondering if it was real" dreams.

WTF? Why do I keep having these dreams? It's kind of freaking me out.
    "People ask me 'will I remember them if I make it'. I ask them 'will you remember me if I don't?'"

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Wow. That's disturbing. Is this guy someone you see in your daily life? If so, what sort of social relationship or dynamics do you have with him?
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

is it possible your subconscious is trying to tell you something? not that the guy has/ or is planning/ to rape you, but something related? maybe he's trying to rip you off or take advantage of you in some way, and you've subconsciously noticed and are trying to warn yourself.

I had recurring, horrible dreams about my dog drowning in the bottom of a pool while I was off doing other stuff, and shortly thereafter I noticed a lump that lead to a cancer diagnosis (at which point the dreams totally stopped)- I think I'd sort of noticed something was wrong, but not consciously, and the dreams were a "nudge" to pay more attention.

1 members found this post helpful.

I sometimes dream things before they happen. I dreamt about my husband's illness/surgery before it happened, my horses injury (except he and I both died in that dream) and other stuff. Pay attention, use it as a caution.

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    Wow. That's disturbing. Is this guy someone you see in your daily life? If so, what sort of social relationship or dynamics do you have with him?
    I see him every day. No social relationship, just a strict professional/work relationship.
    "People ask me 'will I remember them if I make it'. I ask them 'will you remember me if I don't?'"

I usually get wild dreams or very vivid, busy dreams when I consume too much garlic at lunch or supper. None are disturbing, or violent or scary, I am just very busy dreaming vivid dreams.

Stay off the garlic and see what happens.

I made spaghetti sauce (one night with home made gnocchi, last night with fetta noodles store bought dry) and we have had it two nights in a row. I put some major garlic (2 really fat cloves) in it, and I had busy wild dreams the past two nights. I slept good actually. I thought wow what dreams and then I remembered I had had garlic.

Yes, really. Yes, and only fresh, not the fake powdered junk. This was cooked. But works the same if it is eaten fresh/raw.

Quote Originally Posted by Milocalwinnings View Post
    I see him every day. No social relationship, just a strict professional/work relationship.
    Rape is usually about control. Does he exert control over you? Does be make you feel weak or humiliated?

Not judging here, but dreams can be based off of things we subconsciously want or fantasize about. It's totally normal to have fantasies about things like that. If it bothers you a lot maybe you should talk to someone.

1 members found this post helpful.

A couple thoughts:

1. read up on actively changing your dreams while you're dreaming. I have heard of this working successfully for someone who was in a bad car wreck and kept dreaming about it.

2. I agree with the other poster who mentioned triggers for bad dreams. Mine are sugar before bed (chocolate, ice cream); going to bed with wet hair; and being cold while sleeping.
    Blugal

You never know what kind of obsessive compulsive crazy person you are until another person imitates your behaviour at a three-day. --Gry2Yng