The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Fooler, more Ayers babble ? Time to move on, Obama won not once but twice solidly.

Ya, know I don't want this loop hole closed and then have the GOP state that they are for gun control. I want a better bill, I want an end to assault and military weapons, I want high capacity ammo gone for citizens and the background checks stepped up. Time to get rid of the GOPers and their tone deaf policies. It is time for the rational people in this country to fight to be heard. The party of the white, male, corporate world is dead and will be voted out.

It is time for change and the GOP has shown just how out of touch they are.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilherme View Post
    Senators (and every other elected person in the U.S.) represent three constituencies:

1. The persons of their district.
    2. The political party of which they are a member.
    3. Their personal feelings, views, and interests.

Just what is primary on any given issue will change. There will, however, always be a mixing/matching of these interests.

We are a republic, not a democracy. That's how republics work.

G.
    Guilherme beat me to the answer LOL.

The answer to the OP's question is that we have a republican form of government.

46 of them represent themselves and the NRA.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    Fooler, more Ayers babble ? Time to move on, Obama won not once but twice solidly.

Ya, know I don't want this loop hole closed and then have the GOP state that they are for gun control. I want a better bill, I want an end to assault and military weapons, I want high capacity ammo gone for citizens and the background checks stepped up. Time to get rid of the GOPers and their tone deaf policies. It is time for the rational people in this country to fight to be heard. The party of the white, male, corporate world is dead and will be voted out.

Yeah, I hope Reid, Pelosi, and Kerry are history soon. And fwiw, I believe both sides are seriously out of touch with the American people. The failure of gun legislation blindsided dems and the GOP's joining in to grant amnesty illustrates how off base and out of touch they are as well.
    "I'm a loner, and a loner's got to be alone." Geiko

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Where'sMyWhite View Post
    Close but not quite as I read it. Treason is acting to overthrow the government. If I am defending myself against government, that would not be treason.
    No, what you said was defending yourself against the government. You're right, not treason. That makes it either suicide by cop or sedition conspiracy. Pick your poison.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

According to a poll on a relatively small number of Americans, most people support background checks for gun buyers. But did they ask at least a larger number of Americans from several different areas of the country if they support the current changes that were being debated by congress? Probably not because the numbers would be different.

Another poll recently asked Americans to rank the top 10 problems facing the country currently and gun control was around # 7 (don't have a link, sorry). So all of this uproar over something that is number SEVEN on the current issues Americans think are important. Why aren't our representatives working on more important issues?

4 members found this post helpful.

Default Our representatives need to where NASCAR suits...

With their SPONSORS on them. The bigger the logo the more that group donated.....
    " iCOTH " window/bumper stickers.
    http://bluemoongrafixva.webs.com

Here is what I have learned from forum and facebook posts today. With regard to Facebook, I do not un-friend people because of their views -- I like to know how they really think and it sure comes out on Facebook.

1). The gun rights people do not understand the second amendment. They think it was drafted because of self defense concerns. It was drafted to protect against governmental tyranny.

2). The gun rights people are afraid of the government. They are far less concerned with the power of corporate interests.

3). Gun rights females have a gun rights husband or significant other.

4). Gun rights people are happy today because they got one over Pres. Obama. What they really want is whatever Pres. Obama does not want.
    friend of bar.ka

After reading these gun control threads on this board, I conclude many advocates of the various additional gun laws either don't understand or have a working knowledge of guns.

I will offer anyone here, a hands on opportunity to fire an automatic pistol, revolver pistol & pump shotgun. In return, one have an open mind and follow my safety rules. I am located in Greensboro, NC ... PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
    Here is what I have learned from forum and facebook posts today. With regard to Facebook, I do not un-friend people because of their views -- I like to know how they really think and it sure comes out on Facebook.

1). The gun rights people do not understand the second amendment. They think it was drafted because of self defense concerns. It was drafted to protect against governmental tyranny.

2). The gun rights people are afraid of the government. They are far less concerned with the power of corporate interests.

3). Gun rights females have a gun rights husband or significant other.

4). Gun rights people are happy today because they got one over Pres. Obama. What they really want is whatever Pres. Obama does not want.
    Tossing this out there relating it to your #3. My single girlfriends, women ages 45 to 60, have guns for personal protection. They arent mad at the govt or folks who believe Tin Foil Hat conspiracies. They are against bad people who would do them harm. Nothing more or less. They are professional women, school teachers and empty nesters. It might be a generational thing. Maybe we were raised to be proactive and not to rely solely on others for protection.

hosspuller
    I will offer anyone here, a hands on opportunity to fire an automatic pistol, revolver pistol & pump shotgun. In return, one have an open mind and follow my safety rules
    No thank you. I don't want to live in a culture of fear, violence and paranoia.

1 members found this post helpful.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by hosspuller View Post
    After reading these gun control threads on this board, I conclude many advocates of the various additional gun laws either don't understand or have a working knowledge of guns.

I will offer anyone here, a hands on opportunity to fire an automatic pistol, revolver pistol & pump shotgun. In return, one have an open mind and follow my safety rules. I am located in Greensboro, NC ... PM me.
    By your logic, it sounds as if only a person who has built, deployed, and detonated a nuclear bomb could be considered as having a credible opinion as to whether or not such things are "bad".
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Luckily Stolen Virtue is not running the country. The liberals are not going to win on the gun issue. Just not going to happen, the second amendment is not going anywhere.

As far as the GOP, they are strong and not going to go anywhere.

The far left democrat party is the party of failed policies. Liberal policies of high taxation, wealth redistribution, endless welfare, endless foodstamps, soft on crime, no military spending, large government wasteful spending, OBAMACARE,fat lifetime pensions for government workers are completely unsustainable. Want proof, look at Stockton, Detroit, Los Angeles, Chicago. Bastions of democrat rule for decades. Stockton is bankrupt, Detroit is teetering on the verge of bankruptcy.

By the time the child in the whitehouse is done, the USA will be in debt to the tune of $20 TRILLION dollars. $20 TRILLION!!!!!!!!!! The interest payment on that debt every year will be $1 TRILLION. Oblameo will have DOUBLED the US debt, can you even fathom that, CAN YOU. In 8 years he will have doubled the debt that took 45 presidents to accumulate.

So in reality the DEMOCRATS are going to be the extinct party.

Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    Luckily Stolen Virtue is not running the country. The liberals are not going to win on the gun issue. Just not going to happen, the second amendment is not going anywhere.

As far as the GOP, they are strong and not going to go anywhere.

The far left democrat party is the party of failed policies. Liberal policies of high taxation, wealth redistribution, endless welfare, endless foodstamps, soft on crime, no military spending, large government wasteful spending, OBAMACARE,fat lifetime pensions for government workers are completely unsustainable. Want proof, look at Stockton, Detroit, Los Angeles, Chicago. Bastions of democrat rule for decades. Stockton is bankrupt, Detroit is teetering on the verge of bankruptcy.

By the time the child in the whitehouse is done, the USA will be in debt to the tune of $20 TRILLION dollars. $20 TRILLION!!!!!!!!!! The interest payment on that debt every year will be $1 TRILLION. Oblameo will have DOUBLED the US debt, can you even fathom that, CAN YOU. In 8 years he will have doubled the debt that took 45 presidents to accumulate.

So in reality the DEMOCRATS are going to be the extinct party.
    Noms, time to say hello to 2013, President Obama has won two elections handily.

So cling to that delusion that the old, white, male, corporate GOP is gaining members. They are not. Buh, bye....

Noms, time to say hello to 2013, President Obama has won two elections handily.

So cling to that delusion that the old, white, male, corporate GOP is gaining members. They are not. Buh, bye....
    SV, he won by lying his ass off, everything that came out of his mouth was a huge lie. People like you and the rest of the welfare/foodstamp/disability crew bought it hook line and sinker.

2 members found this post helpful.

Hosspuller, I don't think you understand that some of us have guns in our home. That does not change the fact that I support (and Mr. Stolen and the City Detective down the steet) background checks, no assault and military weapons for civilians and no high capacity clips for civilians. My husband goes to the gun range often and he passes a certification to carry. It is not a matter of gun owners and non gun owners.

No babble. Take the time to listen to Ayers and his wife Dorn. Their platform from the late 1960's is the 2008 Democratic Party platform. And your post echoes much of their teachings. Don't listen to me, listen to them.

It is easy to think you and those who think like you are in control now and forever. History has shown us this is not true. People change and with that change their government and societies change. A mere 40 years ago this was a very conservative country and today we are very liberal. Today is much like the Roaring Twenties which cycled to the "uptight" 1950-60's. About a 30-40 year swing, so time for it to swing conservative again. I have lived through one swing and I hear/feel the seeds of the new swing.
    To quote Bette Davis, "buckle up it is going to be a bumpy ride". Just like the ride that got us here.

Today you think the government knows best. Will you have the same opinion in 10-20 years? Will it be the best environment for your children to excel?

The only constant in our lives is Change.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    SV, he won by lying his ass off, everything that came out of his mouth was a huge lie. People like you and the rest of the welfare/foodstamp/disability crew bought it hook line and sinker.
    Wow, posts like yours make the extinction of the GOP imminent. I'm betting the GOP will put up another stellar candidate for president like Romney.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Well, I'm pretty sure it won't be Romney/Ryan again. Romney has no political capital left and was soundly trounced and denounced by his own party and Ryan brings nothing to the table except The White Vote, which doesn't mean much these days.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Quote Originally Posted by fooler View Post
    No babble. Take the time to listen to Ayers and his wife Dorn. Their platform from the late 1960's is the 2008 Democratic Party platform. And your post echoes much of their teachings. Don't listen to me, listen to them.

It is easy to think you and those who think like you are in control now and forever. History has shown us this is not true. People change and with that change their government and societies change. A mere 40 years ago this was a very conservative country and today we are very liberal. Today is much like the Roaring Twenties which cycled to the "uptight" 1950-60's. About a 30-40 year swing, so time for it to swing conservative again. I have lived through one swing and I hear/feel the seeds of the new swing.
    To quote Bette Davis, "buckle up it is going to be a bumpy ride". Just like the ride that got us here.

Today you think the government knows best. Will you have the same opinion in 10-20 years? Will it be the best environment for your children to excel?

The only constant in our lives is Change.
    Fooler it is 2013. Move on dude, the GOP lost the presidential election twice. Between you and Noms, it is very clear that the world has moved on from your positions and the GOP is still clinging to the voting population of an older, white, corporate America. Most of the population of the US has moved on, and you seem to forget that some people from your era were forward thinking from the beginning (my father and mother as an example). Bless those that fought for equality and for the poor, even when it was so much harder.

We are moving on to the future, we would love to have Fooler and Noms join us but that is up to them.