The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Too Many Toys...

To start...it's not my idea SO's fault!!! He has an issue that he can't turn down toys and probably needs professional help!!! We have room thank goodness but it's getting out of hand!

This week he bought a old Sea Doo wave runner. It needs a little work but he can fix about anything. We already have one Sea Doo but he wanted another so we can both have one to ride on.

Then there is little convertible that needs a little work that he can get CHEAP! It would be mine to drive and I drove it last night up / down the driveway a few times. YES...it was fun and such a cute little car. We already have several too many cars!!! How many is too many?

Anyone else have the 'too many toys disease'? Or maybe it's the old statement 'he who dies with the most toys wins'?....

Summer is coming up, time for jet skies and convertibles (the pollen will stop falling eventually, right!)

as to the 'too many cars' uhhhh

what kind? work car and pretty car? or just too many?
    You can sell those, you know!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.
    GNU Terry Prachett

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

You can never have too many watercraft! Well, you can but only if you're talking boats. Waverunners are always worth having as many as you can use if you live on a lake.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

I love toys, is there really such a thing as having too many? Huh I have to look into that. All I know is when I sell them I always end up with sellers regret, so you might just as well keep them and enjoy. I go with the 1 is good 10 is better slogan.

Hubby's got some toys, for sure! There is a jetski and a 4-wheeler hanging out at his parent's house (we rent an apartment, so no room!) and our little 2 BR is slowly but surely filling up with photography equipment and electronics "stuff". AND we're looking at getting him his own horse within the next year or so, so add equestrian accoutrements to that and we will have WAY TOO MANY TOYS!!
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

PONY'TUDE

Oh yes. I swear its a disease. We (he) has a 60 Cadillac, 66 pick up, 68 chevelle, a golf cart, then the horse trailer, my camaro, his silverado, various engines ranging from big block not quite street legal to small 350's. and parts. And antique pedal cars.
    All of these are in varying stages of restoration, except my car and his silverado. Allegedly those "needing something" are going to be sold. He restores hot rods for a living, but the collection is getting a little crazy.

And he bitches about my 2 horses...

(I'm sure we will end up with a boat and camper this summer too...non functional that is)
    mykidshavefourlegs.blogspot.com

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleblackMorgan View Post
    Oh yes. I swear its a disease. We (he) has a 60 Cadillac, 66 pick up, 68 chevelle, a golf cart, then the horse trailer, my camaro, his silverado, various engines ranging from big block not quite street legal to small 350's. and parts. And antique pedal cars.
    All of these are in varying stages of restoration, except my car and his silverado. Allegedly those "needing something" are going to be sold. He restores hot rods for a living, but the collection is getting a little crazy.

And he bitches about my 2 horses...

(I'm sure we will end up with a boat and camper this summer too...non functional that is)
    ha ha, your hubby sounds worse than my SO!!! We have had my SO's father's boat in our yard for 5 plus years that was supposed to be fixed up and sold. I'm still waiting for that to happen but I'm not holding my breathe!

On the cars, yes we each have our everyday car to drive and a farm truck. But then after that....a toys & a sentimental car that he will never be sold. He is trying to sell one car in which my 'new toy' would replace! I won't count his daughter's car since she has it but he's starting to look for a car for his youngest daughter who will turn 15 this summer.

Henrico, NC 36 30'50.49" N 77 50'17.47" W

Sorry but both games for "He who dies with the most toys/tools......." were called a long time ago for No Contest, when the officials showed up at our place. Our farm is on a lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom King View Post
    Sorry but both games for "He who dies with the most toys/tools......." were called a long time ago for No Contest, when the officials showed up at our place. Our farm is on a lake.
    Yea its a good thing we aren't on a lake!!! Pool yes, got rid of the hot tub since we didn't use it. SO's biggest toy is a plane he just finished building, that's why he can't complain about the horses!!!

Thank God my husband only buys cows and 1/64th farm toys. We make money of the cows and he and the kids enjoy the farm toys.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saddle View Post
    Perhaps I need my flocking adjusted.

Mr P buys ME toys! I took the tiller in for service and they were drooling over my truck. I think it's because I don't complain about his. We have 3 boats....well one is sorta mine and FOR SALE...and one is sorta our daughter's. I think he has at least 3 sets of golf clubs and probably at least a half dozen stringed instruments. One is a Martin and the 12 string is a Gibson(maybe a Guild)

I have to say he works his buns off though, more than I would like
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Acres View Post
    SO's biggest toy is a plane he just finished building, that's why he can't complain about the horses!!!
    Sell the PLANE!! We have had SEVERAL local guys build planes and then after the big newspaper article with pictures, they were ALL killed flying these planes. Crashed and died for various reasons. These guys were experienced metal workers, pilots, had lots of flying hours, not just "wannabe pilots".

Seriously, after these guys ending so badly, one after ANOTHER over the years, I wouldn't ever let someone I cared about, fly a plane they built themselves.

When I first moved to Texas and saw "JUMBO SPORTS" I was so excited.
    I really did think that I was going to finally be able to buy an adult sized Sit'n'Spin.
    alas, what a disappointment.
    http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!