The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by meupatdoes View Post
    So she has the lips, the eyes, the body, AND a natural feel for a horse. God hands out his favors unevenly, it is true.
    Not all her assets are God-given. Methinks God also gave her plastic surgeons very good hands.
    Born under a rock and owned by beasts!

1 members found this post helpful.

What's not to hate? She's gorgeous, smart, can act, can ride, has a sexy man and cool children

2 members found this post helpful.

Oh for crying out loud. Most of what we "know" about Brad's marriage is from the tabloids. *sigh*

We women are so HARD on other women. She's smart, sexy, rides well, and doesn't give a sh*t about what you railbirds say. Oh - and does more good in the world than most of us ever will. Why do we hold each other back like this? Sheer jealousy...really bothers me.

Anyway, most of what she had at that point was entirely natural. They did enhance her somewhat in the chest area for the movie, because that's the way the original videogame character was/is (there's an interesting article somewhere on the web about how that came to be). She has since had her nose done. Hollywood's pressures have got to be really hard.

And if all of us could be that way? Well make it so instead of kvetching about how other people have all the help in the world. Otherwise it's just sour grapes IMO.

I've tried side-saddle. It was difficult. It's on my bucket-list to "really learn".

10 members found this post helpful.

She's also quite a decent motrocycle rider of our "ADV" ilk who ride to remote destinations on motorcycles, usually suitably offroad-equipped BMW's like mine.

Never met her in person, but seen plenty of pictures of rides her and Brad have taken in places like Viet Nam, Thailand, I think some from Bhutan, etc etc ect.
    Nudging "Almost Heaven" a little closer still...
    http://www.wvhorsetrainer.com

Belg! I didn't realize you were an ADV rider? I've got a BMW f650 and am dying to go out this year!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
    I just don't see great riding here. And again, anyone who has video editors and a whole crew of assistants and trainers can be made to look pretty darn good in a montage-type video containing carefully chosen snippets of footage.
    You don't? Well, I can't see you why you don't. It is very obvious to me. She follows well in both her seat and her hands. She has great self carriage - carrying herself, instead of making the horse to carry her. She is well balanced in the saddle regardless what that horse was doing. She does not impede the horse in any way. Etc, etc, etc. Such things cannot be edited or faked. She may not know how to influence the horse but pull 9 out of 10 riders on this board and I guarantee you none ride nearly as well as she does.

5 members found this post helpful.

What? Did somebody say something? It's hard to hear over all that meowing.

Thanks for posting the video, Mike.

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by OneGrayPony View Post
    Belg! I didn't realize you were an ADV rider? I've got a BMW f650 and am dying to go out this year!
    Why yep, I'm in disguise.... You might see me post occasionally on the not-so-steel horse thread over there

More or less completely converted to horses for most of my riding fix, but after 27 years on two wheels, it's in my blood and natural...

Here's a shot from my vacation in 2007: http://www.terrawolf.com/People/Ive-...CRW_7373-M.jpg

That's awesome! I don't have any good shots with the bike yet, because I'm always riding alone (my poor dh's trophy never seems to be running, unlike mine, which started right up after a few months off!). You didn't do the euro riders recent trip, did you?

To keep it horse related - when I went through the safety course I was really nervous about riding a bike. Told the guy I rode horses and he laughed and said - you'll be fine, I wouldn't throw a leg over one of those nutty animals if you paid me to!

To keep it thread related - I'm sure it helps that she's athletic. She worked *really* hard for this movie.

I've never really been a fan. At all. That has nothing to do with hatred or jealousy or judgmentalism towards other women, but everything to do with personal style/preference.

Begrudgingly, though, I've come around a bit because I have to admire her athleticism, work ethic, and her commitment to humanitarian issues.

I'm sure this is a very well-trained, very comfortable horse, and there is some good editing. But I agree she looks good and clearly is comfortable up there. Is there anything she cannot do?!
    Born under a rock and owned by beasts!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by OneGrayPony View Post
    That's awesome! I don't have any good shots with the bike yet, because I'm always riding alone (my poor dh's trophy never seems to be running, unlike mine, which started right up after a few months off!). You didn't do the euro riders recent trip, did you?

To keep it horse related - when I went through the safety course I was really nervous about riding a bike. Told the guy I rode horses and he laughed and said - you'll be fine, I wouldn't throw a leg over one of those nutty animals if you paid me to!

To keep it thread related - I'm sure it helps that she's athletic. She worked *really* hard for this movie.
    Nope... didn't do it. I haven't been out and about too much since I started riding horses.... though I plan on doing some rides this year with K. We'll see how it goes... training schedule trumps. I do miss a lot of the backwoods Virginia roads

Back to your regularly scheduled thread! My, what a great rider to not freak out at that tree!

I love Angelina Jolie anyways but I was so impressed with her riding in this video also! I didn't realize she was actually the one riding in that movie (Tomb Raider II I think).

Love how she says she understands that the horse probably has had enough of it