The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can You Ride as Well as Angelina Jolie and Shoot Too?

Well, I'm impressed! And she does it sidesaddle! Don't miss the part at the end where she and the horse go into the trees.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

1 members found this post helpful.

Cool

I like her attitude! "You can't blame the horse for having enough." (re:shotguns, helicopters, side saddle - and trying to knock her off under the trees!)

I wonder how the kids' Shetland posse is doing??
    A friend told me I was delusional. I almost fell off my unicorn.

COOL!!!
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

Anyone with that much help and horses as nice as those could do what she's doing. I've never been a big fan, though, so maybe I'm just carrying bias.....
    "Absent a correct diagnosis, medicine is poison, surgery is trauma and alternative therapy is witchcraft" A. Kent Allen
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/tailsofglory

Quote Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
    Anyone with that much help and horses as nice as those could do what she's doing. I've never been a big fan, though, so maybe I'm just carrying bias.....
    While I probably couldn't, today, ride like her, or shoot as I did... I also have never stolen a married man from his wife. Yes he had a role in all that, but she's no paragon of 'what to be like', IMO

Jus' sayin'

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Freda View Post
    While I probably couldn't, today, ride like her, or shoot as I did... I also have never stolen a married man from his wife. Yes he had a role in all that, but she's no paragon of 'what to be like', IMO

Jus' sayin'
    If you had aaaalllll that help, surrounded by big men propping you up and helping to control your mount, camera angles making it look better than it is and a horse that can handle all that distraction?? I think you'd surprise yourself.
    "Absent a correct diagnosis, medicine is poison, surgery is trauma and alternative therapy is witchcraft" A. Kent Allen

Quote Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
    Acutally, she exhibits a noticeable amount of feel and natural ease.

As someone who trains both horses and their people I can tell you that not everyone can do that.

So she has the lips, the eyes, the body, AND a natural feel for a horse. God hands out his favors unevenly, it is true.

13 members found this post helpful.

That was really cool. What movie is this that I have to add to my list of movies to see? As for all this, "oh if I had that kind of money" and "pah she stole somebody's man" Really? All that? Well I imagine if you reserve your praise for only those who are perfect AND poor you have a lot of praise left in your pocket. Heck I loved Paul Newman and never held it against him that he stole somebody's wife.

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by meupatdoes View Post
    Acutally, she exhibits a noticeable amount of feel and natural ease.
    Yeah. I came to bury her (also not a big fan) but I only wish I had her balanced seat.

Quote Originally Posted by paulaedwina View Post
    That was really cool. What movie is this that I have to add to my list of movies to see? As for all this, "oh if I had that kind of money" and "pah she stole somebody's man" Really? All that? Well I imagine if you reserve your praise for only those who are perfect AND poor you have a lot of praise left in your pocket. Heck I loved Paul Newman and never held it against him that he stole somebody's wife.

Paula
    No comments on her or her life, but I think that was from Tomb Raider II
    "Adulthood? You're playing with ponies. That is, like, every 9 year old girl's dream. Adulthood?? You're rocking the HELL out of grade 6, girl."

Angelina Jolie is such a rock star. I've been terribly impressed with her since I saw a "Making of Tomb Raiders" thing--she knocked out stunts in one or two takes that the STUNT DOUBLE was incapable of getting done. Doesn't surprise me at all that she can ride well.

I've always been a fan of hers, but yeah I thought she looked remarkably fluid up there, even when she was getting hit in the face with branches.

wow. I guess anyone with such athleticism can ride like her. The great majority of people don't though.

Hard to just say Angelina Jolie rides well without qualification?

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

I was impressed with her hands. It's not often you see someone who rides as infrequently as her with hands like that.
    If i smell like peppermint, I gave my horse treats.
    If I smell like shampoo, I gave my horse a bath.
    If I smell like manure, I tripped.

She rides well. Still can't stand her.

6 members found this post helpful.

Back in the day we all did crazy stuff like this on our ponies while pretending to be chased by dragons, or bad guys, or whatever. Course we weren't firing guns but we did throw magnolia "thingies" as pretend grenades. Sometimes we were side saddle but usually not intentionally!! HAHA

You can't "steal" somebody's man. Brad Pitt is a human being with a mind and will of his own, not a possession. It takes two to tango.
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by oliverreed View Post
    You can't "steal" somebody's man. Brad Pitt is a human being with a mind and will of his own, not a possession. It takes two to tango.
    While that's true, some women will entertain a physical relationship with a married man and some won't. The euphemism "stole her man" and variants simply refers to a woman who knowingly engages in a romantic relationship with a man who is tied, legally or otherwise, to another woman. It certainly does not remove responsibility from the man. It just speaks to the character of such a woman.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria View Post
    wow. I guess anyone with such athleticism can ride like her. The great majority of people don't though.
    I just don't see great riding here. And again, anyone who has video editors and a whole crew of assistants and trainers can be made to look pretty darn good in a montage-type video containing carefully chosen snippets of footage.

2 members found this post helpful.