Such a crazy world we seem to live in these days. It's so easy to see all the bad right now. I'm starting this thread to count our blessings. Number them, put as many as you wish, and then the next person takes the count from there.
1) I can see the most beautiful sunset as I type this.
2) I have a job that I look forward to going to each day.
3) My car is still running at 486,000 kms.
1. I had an ordinary day today. No big ups, but no big downs, either. You know, the kind that add up to a good life.
2. Becky Cat came out from under the couch, while the workmen were still here.
3. I'm retired, for over three years now, after a long and fruitful career.
4. My daffodils came out.
5. I saw the first Great Blue Heron of the season fly across the sky.
Originally Posted by Alagirl
We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.
1) I have a wonderful, supportive husband and two gorgeous healthy children.
2) My heart horse is in my front yard, happy as a clam with her adorable little Shetland friend.
3) Not to be TMI... But I stopped breastfeeding so now I can have all the coffee I want and occasional alcoholic drinks too!
4) All my loved ones are happy and healthy, I am so so thankful for that!
1. My children and grandchildren are healthy and relatively happy
2. My horse is almost all healed;
3. I will be happily married for 34 years as of Monday;
4. My sister with cancer is still here, her SO is recovering from surgery for an aortic anuerism; my dad is 93 and still here;
5. Spring is coming!
-My wife is healthy.
-I paid my taxes....I hate paying my taxes while being told I don't pay enough.
-My mule is healthy.
-I sold my jumper to a family that will love him (and the pre-purchase vet loved him).
-My new Fjord mare is really really cute!
-I used a lawn service for the first time ever...woohoo! neat invention.
-My friends are healthy too!
Not including the obvious (healthy & mostly happy family/friends)....
1) Finding an amazing barn to ride at and spending all weekend there, being welcomed like I've been there for years. Love!
2) Living by the ocean!
3) Finally being in a place to have a dog again :-D.
4) My grad school program, and my state for paying for so much of my tuition.
"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
"With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey
7. I am healthy more or less as are my loved ones.
8. I have a roof over my head, a warm bed and food enough to eat.
9. I have a loving husband of 27 years who puts up with my crazy ideas.
10. I am fortunate to have the most wonderful horses in the world.
11. I am not broke for the first time in several years and am going on a backpacking trip for fun in a few weeks.
12. I have lots of wonderful clients that make my jobs (farmer and farrier) a pleasure. I'm lucky to be doing something I enjoy.
30) (that's where we should be if I understand the intent) a happy healthy family
31) business is doing well
32) kids, college age, that have a direction in life and aren't in trouble with anyone of anything
33) the horses who make me smile just by their existence
And the dogs and the cats
34) too much to mention
35) God in my life
"They spend 11 months stuggling to live, and 25 years trying to die" my farrier
"They are dangerous on both ends and crafty in the middle"
I am starting a new job, and while I of course do not 100% trust them, I am sort of letting myself believe it's not a setup and they really are as awesome as they seem. (I have a history of jobs not really turning out to be what they lead you to think in the interview, or of higher-ups deciding to yank the rug out from under us with no warning. The ones I could trust? Naturally the ones you couldn't make a living at.)
My dogs and cats are healthy. (We just lost my parents' beagle, whom I picked out of the shelter. The vet guestimated she was 15 or 16 so not a young dog, and she hung on a few weeks longer than expected. I like to think my dogs being there for a week made her last a little longer and enjoy her pack a bit. She loved having her 'pack' around her. Puff even didn't argue about letting her have the big dog bed.)
Spring has sprung, the spring peepers are peeping, and my garden will be even BIGGER this year. My rootstock is in, the aerogarden is running with seedlings.
46 - I have a safe place to live.
47 - I have my two kittehs living with me.
48 - They are both well and happy.
49 - I have some wonderful new friends.
50 - They treat me like family.
51 - God -- who is responsible for all these blessings and me -- loves me.
Founder of the People Who Prefer COTH Over FB Clique
People Who Hate to Rush to Kill Wildlife Clique!
"I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique
52- I have an amazing family (that I miss dearly, but they are nevertheless FANTASTIC)
53- season just ended- which means a few quieter months ahead to relax
54- little things make me smile, keep me happy
55- don't lack of anything I need
56- event among all of today's madness- the outpour of positive thoughts/well wishes proves that there is a lot of good in humanity (and not just the negativity publicized by the media!)
57- have a great job!
and many many many more things!
Proudly living in my "let's save the world bubble"!