The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

that's just stupid. Doesn't really qualify as "animal abuse" though, more a wonderful example of things it's best not to do. If I ever feel inspired to tie a tire to a unbroke horse, I'll remember this video and refrain from doing so.

The all caps OP made me expect worse.

Sad, yes.

Although no sadder than the cr@p I see at so many h/j shows, arab shows, or AQHA shows.

I didn't get what they were doing with trying to back her with a tire, but I did appreciate that they seemed to care about her getting close to the fence, and that the lead rope was attached to the noseband and not the bit. it seemed counter productive/stupid, but at the same time not overly aggressive, which I think is what would upset me more.

Wonder how horsey is doing today.
    Freeing worms from cans everywhere!

Well I would agree that this video depicts pretty deplorable training practices, it's hard to really hard to say that is abuse definitively. I disagree with their methods entirely, but unfortunately this is pretty much the "old cowboy method", which is still used by a lot of backward wannabe's, as unfortunate as that is. So I dug a bit deeper and got Facebook creepy. Their Facebook pictures show a lot of very slim horses, being ridden in pretty poor condition.

While we can safely say we all seriously disagree with their practices, I'd say report it to animal control and do your due diligence, and let them play judge and jury, at the very least a stern warning and basic horse education is needed.

As for the race debate, I'd say this has nothing to do with race and everything to do with stupid.

Still pretty hard to watch that sweet little roan..

1 members found this post helpful.