The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default THIS WILL MAKE YOUR BLOOD BOIL!

warning ...not for the sensitive person...this is 'red neck rodeo' training and made me madder than I've been in a long time!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

I want to find those people and give them a dose of their treatment. Taking what looked like a sweet young horse and ruining the poor thing. They say ' horse was not harmed'...yeah...not physically but emotionally ...WTF???

These people are COWARDS, STUPID and should be exposed for the abusers they are!

"and this is the FB profile for this person go check out his videos lower in his video album..... SHOCKING to me!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/TheRealDeal...lub?group_id=0 "

quote and links taken from another horsey Bulletin board
    I haven't checked this 'RealDeal' out...

1 members found this post helpful.

I couldn't watch the whole thing it was stupid. The horses in the paddock were saying "run now dude! its your chance!"

But wow. It took three grown men to accomplish what? This one woman army can back a horse without any of that crap.

What the heck was the point of the tire?

I was expecting a lot worse than a confused colt dragging a tire.

This is the reality of horsemanship in many areas. Hell, this is BETTER than the average level of horsemanship in some areas.

2 members found this post helpful.

It's supposedly against FB TOSS rules to depict animal abuse. Why don't you report them? (I mean they supposedly come after hunters, and they don't abuse animals in general)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

The real deal group is pretty laughable. Its like horses mixed with the "thug life" beyond weird.

Quote Originally Posted by gaitedincali View Post
    I was expecting a lot worse than a confused colt dragging a tire.

This is the reality of horsemanship in many areas. Hell, this is BETTER than the average level of horsemanship in some areas.
    Wow, Really? You have amazingly low standards!
    "Just because it's the way it is doesn't mean it's the way bit should be..."

I would have taken that colt bin a heartbeat, he is just my type!
    A friend told me I was delusional. I almost fell off my unicorn.

went to Real Deal FB and founf this:
    Real Deal shared Entourage Rrc's status.

April 12.
    Entourage Rrc campout & ride has been cancelled

ATTN ALL: DUE TO UNCONTROLLABLE CIRCUMSTANCES, WE REGRET THAT OUR CAMPOUT N TRAILRIDE HAS BEEN CANCELLED FOR THIS WEEKEND. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE SHORT NOTICE AND ANY INCONVENIENCE THAT THIS MAY HAVE CAUSED......WE WILL KEEP YOU GUYS POSTED WITH A RESCHEDULED DATE. PLEASE HELP US SPREAD THE WORD TO OUR TRAILRIDE FAM! THANKS IN ADVANCE!

I'm just hoping it was related to Animal Control, ASPCA or PETA"

Well I found it horrifying.
    I have a Fjord! Life With Oden

Quote Originally Posted by BEARCAT View Post
    Wow, Really? You have amazingly low standards!
    "Just because it's the way it is doesn't mean it's the way bit should be..."

I would have taken that colt bin a heartbeat, he is just my type!
    Where did I say that it was the way it should be? I dont see where I wrote that out. And it's not that my standards are low, it's that I've seen how things are. Sadly, I lack magical powers and the world does not rearrange itself to suit my standards, no matter how low you're assuming they are.

I'll save my outrage for areas where it might do some good.

6 members found this post helpful.

Troll?

There is zero attempt to communicate to the horse in that video. I don't think I've ever seen so little attempt at a relationship between human and horse before. Would love to go there and show them what they're trying to do doesn't have to be that hard.

That was so sad to watch. It was a small, young horse was outnumbered by a group of hefty men who couldn't operate a push broom correctly.

I didn't watch it because I don't like to put any more of those images in my head than can be helped but the last time I saw someone have a horse drag tires was in the "Misfits" with Clark Gable and Marilyn Monroe in 1961 when they were hunting feral horses for dog food. Sounds like these guys are stuck in a time warp and probably learned their "training methods" from the movies.
    "I've spent most of my life riding horses. The rest I've just wasted". - Anonymous

i never cease to be amazed, not only by the plethora of idiots in the world, but their willingness--nay, desire--to publicly display said idiocy.

poor horse.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Gravity works, and the laws of physics are a bitch.

Member: Rabid Garden Snail Clique

[QUOTE=uphill;6943000]warning ...not for the sensitive person...this is 'red neck rodeo' training and made me madder than I've been in a long time!!
    [QUOTE]

Um, no this isn't "redneck rodeo training", its ghetto training. Quite common in my neck of the woods. In fact, there is a little blue roan filly in a pasture that I drive by every day that looks remarkably like the one in the video. The area in the video looks like the neighborhood where this filly is kept. I tried to find where the "Real Deal" lived from his Facebook page to see if this was the same horse.

At least they had a ring snaffle on the horse and not a "walking horse" bit with a broken mouth and 3' long shanks. Plus the filly looked to be of decent weight and her feet didn't look to bad.

I could say more but it wouldn't be politically correct and I don't want to be flamed or banned.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by uphill View Post
    I'm just hoping it was related to Animal Control, ASPCA or PETA"
    Why would anyone hope PETA gets involved? PETA thinks you're already doing this to your horse, and PETA believes that whatever you *are* doing with your horse is as heinous as what's on the video.

PETA thinks no one should have domestic animals, period, that all human use is cruelty.

4 members found this post helpful.

The assertion that this is "ghetto" rather than "redneck" makes me think I really don't want to read the rest of what you have to say. So thanks for exercising a little restraint there.

If this video was depicting abusive practices of white men I doubt their race would even be mentioned. In fact, I have read many threads here about white people abusing horses and their race is never mentioned.

Most horse abuse is committed by white people in the US, I will go out on a limb and say. White people everywhere should have to wear that. Right? And certainly their race has -something- to do with that.

[QUOTE=wireweiners;6944009][QUOTE=uphill;6943000]warning ...not for the sensitive person...this is 'red neck rodeo' training and made me madder than I've been in a long time!!

Um, no this isn't "redneck rodeo training", its ghetto training. Quite common in my neck of the woods. In fact, there is a little blue roan filly in a pasture that I drive by every day that looks remarkably like the one in the video. The area in the video looks like the neighborhood where this filly is kept. I tried to find where the "Real Deal" lived from his Facebook page to see if this was the same horse.

At least they had a ring snaffle on the horse and not a "walking horse" bit with a broken mouth and 3' long shanks. Plus the filly looked to be of decent weight and her feet didn't look to bad.

I could say more but it wouldn't be politically correct and I don't want to be flamed or banned.

I didn't make it through the vid and I've seen some bad 'training practices' in my day. Poor horse, I'd take him/her in a NY minute.

As for the ghetto/redneck thing, knock it off. It's not a racial thing (I think that's what you're saying), it's stoopidity and doesn't matter WHO is doing it. The horse doesn't deserve those guys and I don't care what or where they are from. **This is in reference to the post right above mine.**
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

What a bunch of idiots!! It's disturbing they have a moron following on Facebook...but not surprising I guess. Poor pony...for having to deal with such stupidity...
    Chase's Mom; RIP Dezi 1/99-2/09

How sad... such a nice blue roan app cross.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."