The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

AT&T 4G mobile hotspot. Costs me less than $40 a month and I can take it anywhere with me. This is for 5gb. I have not come close to using all that even when working from home alot (VPN) or gaming online.

I can hook into it directly or wireless. So I can use with my desktop or laptop.

Downfall, when I forget to charge it.

Major pro - being able to connect from ANYWHERE using a service I already pay for!

We have comcast cable, but earthlink is our provider. It's $5 a month cheaper than straight comcast. We pay comcast though ($45 a month.) FIOS is an option for us, but I think it's more expensive.

At home I do not. Gasp. Yes, one of those few people with no internet at home.

My internet access is at work. No idea what their system is. Fast, that is all I know.

I, too have an ATT WI-FI hot spot. The best access I have found out here in the middle of the cowfields of Florida. All carriers here have very poor signal strength, but my mobile hot spot is so much better than the dial-up (never gonna see DSL out here) Hughes Net satellite (never ever again) or the Verizon access card. I have 4G, low to medium strength. $49 month for 5G
    "I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you..."

I have Verizon FiOS that I wireless though out the apt. (the Wii, laptop and phone connect to it) I really enjoy it. I don't pay too much as I have a smaller, slower plan but honestly, I don't notice a difference compared to Brighthouse Roadrunner, actually I did not like brighthouse, I had too many problems with it.

I have not had internet in my apartment since February. I was using a wifi connection of someone in my apartment complex but haven't had access to it since mid-February. I have since gotten a laptop so I used internet at the library, the Starbucks down the street, or at the coffeeshop next to the library (that's where I am today). I love it. I am much more focused on the internet and only average about 4 hours a day of screen time. It works for me. I may sign up for my own internet in a few months of need-be or just wait until Google Fiber gets here! (I live in Austin, TX)

A home, for $9.95 per month, I have dial-up.
    If I need high speed either I do it during lunch/after work (from work) or take my laptop to the library and use free internet. I hate spending money on things like internet and TV, I'd rather spend what I have on the horses.
    Sandy in Fla.

1 members found this post helpful.

the worst Satellite connection EVER!
    It's the only thing we have out here. Comparable to dial up. It comes with limited daily bandwidth as well. totally awesome. NOT
    And really, I don't think I live that far out in BFE.

It's so bad that I usually can only watch one short youtube video a day. If that...

http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

Where the prairie ends and the mountains begin

We have CONcast. Opps, I mean CRAPcast. No really, it's Comcast.

We get a decent connection during the day. But don't try to watch you-tube or any online streaming other than Netflix from about 5:30-9 pm. Seems the interwebs break around here during those hours.

Terrible customer service too, but then they don't really have to be nice to you when they are the best gig in town.

One day our doorbell rings, and DH answers to find a Comcast Rep on our front doorstep wanting to know if we are happy with our service. DH, who does networking and wifi as his job, gives the poor Rep an earful. Rep says because DH is unhappy, he can do X,Y,Z to help make him happy. Funny thing is, nothing ever changed.
    Dreaming in Color

Comcast cable

I have half-decent Verzion DSL. I can't afford either their fastest DSL or their FIOS service, both of which are available here.