The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SLW View Post
    Ummm, that is the Navy Jack flag.

The Gadsden flag is more associated with the modern day tea party philosophy.
    Ah, yes. I'd never seen the Navy Jack flag before.

And while the Gadsden flag is sometimes associated with the TEA Party, it's been around forever (i'm sure you already knew that).
    "Dogs are man's best friend. Cats are man's adorable little serial killer." -- theoatmeal.com

Quote Originally Posted by SLW View Post
    Ummm, that is the Navy Jack flag.

The Gadsden flag is more associated with the modern day tea party philosophy.
    http://www.teapartygearonline.com/merchandise/flags.htm

Ummm, whatever, but it's a TP flag.
    A helmet saved my life.

2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Roger that, thanks. Based on your link I guess we can confirm that the Tea Party did the Boston deed along with Texas, the 1776 Americans and current Americans since those flags are also sold from that site.

Did it ever occur to you that whomever put that flag up at the memorial was maybe giving the fist to the person/group who created the bomb?? That maybe it wasn't a political statement from a "fill in the blank" right of political center person? Maybe it was just a God and Country loving Bostonian who was mad at what happened to their city?

I hate labels and I hate hyphens. Those two things keep us divided.

3 members found this post helpful.

Do a search for the Gadsden flag. It's been around forever.
    "Dogs are man's best friend. Cats are man's adorable little serial killer." -- theoatmeal.com

Quote Originally Posted by alabama View Post
    Facts ruin theories...stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post

I personally am waiting for evidence to point fingers on who did the bombings. I truly hope that it is just one very deranged individual who wanted to make a statement* that the authorities quickly find.
    That's exactly what I'm hoping.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    Facts ruin theories...stop it.
    Look, I am not insinuating that the same people who voted for Tea Party candidates are terrorists. But here's what we know. April 19 is Patriots's Day. It is also the anniversary of Waco and OKC, and a very bid deal to the militia movement. In Boston, it is celebrated on the third Monday, which was April 15. It's not rocket science, nor am I the only one to say this looks home-grown. The fact that someone thought to hang a flag associated with an anti-tax, anti-government political movement to commemorate the bombing victims is not coincidental. That flag is a wink and a nod to people who share anti-government, anti-tax, anti-gun control sentiments.
    A helmet saved my life.

3 members found this post helpful.

So had the swastica. However old that flag is, it is now associated with the Tea Party movement and you know it.
    A helmet saved my life.

5 members found this post helpful.

Look, I am not insinuating that the same people who voted for Tea Party candidates are terrorists. But here's what we know. April 19 is Patriots's Day. It is also the anniversary of Waco and OKC. In Boston, it is celebrated on the third Monday, which was April 15. It's not rocket science, nor am I the only one to say this looks home-grown. The fact that someone thought to hang a flag associated with an anti-tax, anti-government political movement to commemorate the bombing victims is not coincidental. That flag is a wink and a nod to people who share anti-government, anti-tax, anti-gun control sentiments.
    That flag is also associated with a lot of other things. I saw a lot of them around after 9-11 as an "eff you" to the people responsible. In Boston in particular, that symbology has a long history and would be recognizable to a lot of people, not just people of super-conservative political ideology. Paul Revere himself used that symbology. For patriotic Bostonians, it would be an appropriate symbol to use in the face of adversity/attack.

I get that you're pointing out that some modern factions have glommed onto an old symbol, but you have to remember Boston is a city that is REALLY in touch with its history - the revolution is celebrated and there are reminders of it everywhere.

To me it makes total sense to see it on a memorial for people hurt and killed on Patriots Day, in a place like Boston.

Yes, the tea party likes this symbol. But in New England in particular, it has a longer and more known history than that. (and incidently the navy jack is flown on the USS Constitution in Boston, a landmark/symbol pretty much every new englander knows)
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

4 members found this post helpful.

And what you have seen might not correctly represent what the real TEA Party is. Some Extremist groups have co-opted the TEA Party name just as the extreme progressive have tried to co-opt the Democrat party. It works both ways. The media doesn't help, either. Remember the "scary" assault weapon a TEA Partier had at a rally that was shown on TV (MSNBC, I believe)? Funny, the station cropped out the person carrying it - a black man. A black man; however, would not have fit their agenda. That's not the only example, either.
    Your absolutely correct. The main stream press never correct the information about the Tea Party. As long as it can be connected to extremist and wack jobs, all the better for their agenda.

I get that the press (mainstream or not...and what IS mainstream after all?) doesn't correct things. Living in the town where the Sandusky scandal happened has taught me that the media? Freaking insane. (I could go on about that, but wow - the misinformation was CRAYZAY). And that was all of the media...Fox included. Freaking insane.

Anyway - it does make sense in a way and I really hope that it's not someone affiliated with the tea party. It does make sense, though, that it might be domestic. To be right at tax time, in Boston, on Patriot day...there are just too many "things" there to mean foreign terrorism to me.

That being said, I could see it as a protest that our tax dollars go for war (which they do) from a foreign terrorist group...but that doesn't make as much sense to me.

Not to interrupt your political debate, but I have been told who is responsible for the Boston bombings. I live in the deep south, and have been told by two different people that this is God trying to teach us a lesson because we have removed him from schools and government. So there you have it. I work with these people

I live in the deep south, and have been told by two different people that this is God trying to teach us a lesson because we have removed him from schools and government. So there you have it. I work with these people.
    *cries*

Because nothing bad ever happened to Israel.

*sigh*

Sadly, rebuttal has trumped discussion.

So had the swastica. However old that flag is, it is now associated with the Tea Party movement and you know it.
    That is because that is the way the media and the left spun it. But you have already closed your mind to anything but what you think you know.

Quote Originally Posted by grey_pony View Post
    Not to interrupt your political debate, but I have been told who is responsible for the Boston bombings. I live in the deep south, and have been told by two different people that this is God trying to teach us a lesson because we have removed him from schools and government. So there you have it. I work with these people
    And that's just stupid. Luckily, even though I am also in the deep south, NO ONE has said that to me.

Quote Originally Posted by grey_pony View Post
    So did you report God to the FBI tip line?

Face it, we don't really have left and right leaning media. We have corporate media.

6 members found this post helpful.

THAT, I completely agree with Laura.