The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Trainer in North New Jersey

My trainer moved to Florida permanently, and then I lost my upper level horse, but i have been in a slump, so i am scouting around for a new trainer,
    who is your favorite in north jersey?

I have ridden through PSG, but have young green horses now, and current long term goal is the sliver medal

oh, i ride so called "off breeds"

thanks for suggestions. I went through the USDF new jersey list of instructors and judges, but I an still undecided.

Pam Wooding is in North Jersey. She is also a judge.

Quote Originally Posted by chisamba View Post
    My trainer moved to Florida permanently, and then I lost my upper level horse, but i have been in a slump, so i am scouting around for a new trainer,
    who is your favorite in north jersey?

I have ridden through PSG, but have young green horses now, and current long term goal is the sliver medal

oh, i ride so called "off breeds"

thanks for suggestions. I went through the USDF new jersey list of instructors and judges, but I an still undecided.
    David Guy in Flemington is more central than north so perhaps this is one of those annoying completely unhelpful suggestions, BUT he has ridden self trained horses through I1 (one of which had a very difficult brain and would just have meltdowns in the show ring, thus negatively impacting scores), is a major Walter Zettl protoge, and trained up a little appaloosa to PSG (he evented that one).

He was just as happy to train me on my young Oldenburg as he was on my 14.3hh AppendixQH.

What about Beth Sproule-Hanson in Warwick, NY
    http://www.bellvaledressage.com/
    There are others in that area as well which I believe is not that far from your NJ location.

What do you consider north jersey? Are you looking fr a trainer to also board with, or trailer in to or have them come to you?

Quote Originally Posted by StellaTMK View Post
    What do you consider north jersey? Are you looking fr a trainer to also board with, or trailer in to or have them come to you?
    Um, I am closer to Unionville NY than any NJ township. No, i do not need a place to board, nor some one to ride my horses, I need eyes on the ground to correct my on my horse. I prefer some one who gets on occasionally to feel or demonstrate too. I can trailer to then, but if i get an established rapport, then i would schedule them to do clinics for my clients too.

I believe Tom Noone is still at Glenmere in Warwick. Might be worth a call.

Isn't Ashley Holzer up that way? She was kind when evaluating my lower level Appaloosa. How about Gabriel Armando?
    Appy Trails,
    Kathy & Cadet
    member CDCTA www.cdcta.com, TROT www.trot-md.org & Free State Appaloosa Horse Club freestateaphc.org