The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default "Petbrosia" - Thoughts? Ever heard of it?

I recently found this new dog food website - Petbrosia - http://petbrosia.com/

What do you all think? Have you ever heard of it? Could it work?

just offhand, it looks like a kind of silly concept- it looks like they are making their diet formulations based on breed and age, and I'm quite a skeptic about different breeds needing different diets. Certainly dogs might need different, individual diets, but you would base the diet recommendations on the dog's activity level, type of activity, and individual quirks like what the dog can digest or is allergic too, not their breed.
    Also if you scroll down their ingredient list, you'll notice a lot of low-quality plant-based protein sources are listed, like beans and pea protein. These are not good things to feed to dogs. They also have some other ingredients of questionable quality listed- dried egg product, for example.

If they would actually custom-produce a kibble for you based on what YOU wanted to put in it, that might be very useful for many people.

(*I am NOT affiliated with them in any way*)

Thanks for the input, Wendy! I thought it was an interesting new idea, and, while I don't know much about dog food, eliminating corn and soy is good, right?