The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Our new pup

After losing our beloved heeler last month, we were in no rush to bring another dog into our lives. In fact, I was starting to enjoy the ease of one small dog!

Well, the SPCA had the cutest little Border Collie/Australian Shep that reminded me of Dug, the dog from the movie Up. After discussing him for a week, the mister and I decided to go check him out.
    As we walked into the shelter, he was walking out with his new family!! Bummer for us, but great for him!

Since we were there, we decided to take a look around. Our agreement was NO puppies and NO big dogs.

Long story short, we brought home a blue Doberman puppy. Yes, a big puppy!!
    Since I grew up with the breed, they have always been on my short list of future breeds, but after Trigger's unexpected death, we agreed all future pets would be shelter pets.

Our new pup is about 2-3 months old, and according to multiple people, including two vets and my experience, he is purebred. He came in with a litter of blacks and another blue.

His name is Khal Drogo and he's just the best.

When he walked into our home for the first time, he walked straight to Trigger's bed and laid down. He hasn't whined, has only had one accident, and has already mastered sit!

He has fallen into the pool, ate the computer mouse, gotten beat up by the cat, been dressed in doll clothes, helped dad weed the flower bed (aka ate the flowers) and was carried on a 6 block walk by a man who refuses to carry animals or children. Sucker!!

Trigger will never be replaced, but this little guy came into our life for a reason.

He really makes me smile. Even when he's trying to eat the iPad.

.....ahem. At all most 500 posts you should know the rules about getting a new puppy, dog, horse, cat, donkey, kitteh, hedgehog, snake, bird, or any other animal you bring into you life and they proceed to tell us about it....we need pictures !!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MunchingonHay View Post
    .....ahem. At all most 500 posts you should know the rules about getting a new puppy, dog, horse, cat, donkey, kitteh, hedgehog, snake, bird, or any other animal you bring into you life and they proceed to tell us about it....we need pictures !!
    Well...he ate the computer mouse and I don't know how to post photos from the wet iPad

Soon, I promise!!!!

1 members found this post helpful.

Congratulations on your new best friend. Are dobies the best? Can't wait to see pics.

StG

I would die if I walked into a shelter and found a litter of Dobie pups....how do you leave with just ONE!??! LOL.
    Love dobies. So glad you found him and awaiting the pics!!!!
    Kerri

Congratulations on saving a life and gaining a new family member!