The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

There are so many heart-warming stories coming out about the goodness of people in general after such a horrible tragedy. It makes you see that there is hope, that there are wonderful, caring people everywhere. And it brings tears just watching the news - even stories about the NY baseball stadium playing 'Sweet Caroline', Boston's team song, as a jesture of solidarity with their "arch enemy" in the game of baseball.

It's just so sad that a few sub-humans walk among us and can cause so much destruction and despair.

Boston will rise from this, just as NYC did after 9/11 but we will never be quite the same.

Many prayers going out for the victims and their families. And may the perpetrators be found quicky and dealt with @$^&*.

2 members found this post helpful.

Service is on TV right now.
    A friend told me I was delusional. I almost fell off my unicorn.

My friend Jeff Bauman's son, Jeff Jr., is the young man who had both legs amputated after damage from the bomb. He was standing by the finish line waiting for his girlfriend to complete the race, cheering her on, when the unthinkable happened.

I can't stop thinking about it, wishing I could be there to hold my friend's hand as he explains to his son, who has been through several surgeries now. As a parent, I know I would be devastated; I hope I would have the strength and courage to keep my child's spirits up as he learns to go on with his life, surround him with love and encouragement and pray that he never gives up.

I hope they find the coward(s) who did this. I cannot imagine the pain of those who lost children and loved ones in the blast, and others like my friend's son who had their lives ruined and dreams shattered in such a senseless act. We don't even know why it happened as the perpetrator is too cowardly to claim credit for it, for whatever their intent may have been.

My heart goes out to the victims of this deliberate act of violence. Even if we can't be there physically to support them and their families, according to my friend Jeff, the outpouring of prayers and positive words does help them to know they are not alone as they try to deal with and heal in the aftermath.

4 members found this post helpful.

Did you all watch the Boston Bruins Star Spangled Banner from last night? It was so heartwarming to watch everyone join in. It reminds me of the solidarity of so many people and other countries after 9/11. I will always remember the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace with the playing of the Star Spangled Banner, and HRH the Queen in attendance, and last night will go with that memory.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

2 members found this post helpful.

FBI has photos of two suspects. Asking for public's help in identifying them.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/18/us/bos...sts/index.html
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Quote Originally Posted by Seafilly View Post
    My friend Jeff Bauman's son, Jeff Jr., is the young man who had both legs amputated after damage from the bomb. He was standing by the finish line waiting for his girlfriend to complete the race, cheering her on, when the unthinkable happened.

I can't stop thinking about it, wishing I could be there to hold my friend's hand as he explains to his son, who has been through several surgeries now. As a parent, I know I would be devastated; I hope I would have the strength and courage to keep my child's spirits up as he learns to go on with his life, surround him with love and encouragement and pray that he never gives up.

I hope they find the coward(s) who did this. I cannot imagine the pain of those who lost children and loved ones in the blast, and others like my friend's son who had their lives ruined and dreams shattered in such a senseless act. We don't even know why it happened as the perpetrator is too cowardly to claim credit for it, for whatever their intent may have been.

My heart goes out to the victims of this deliberate act of violence. Even if we can't be there physically to support them and their families, according to my friend Jeff, the outpouring of prayers and positive words does help them to know they are not alone as they try to deal with and heal in the aftermath.
    I read his story in the NY Times. This is the young man aided by the man in the cowboy hat. No words.

Probably already posted here, but this is the link to the victims' fund.

https://onefundboston.org/
    A helmet saved my life.

2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!

1 members found this post helpful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Gravity works, and the laws of physics are a bitch.

Member: Rabid Garden Snail Clique

Unhappy Another heart wrenching story

Newlyweds each lose leg in Boston Marathon attacks, donations pour in

Newlyweds Patrick and Jessica Downes were standing near the finish line at the Boston Marathon Monday when one of the bombs went off. They sustained severe injuries, each losing a leg below the knee. A friend described the couple, married last August, as "one of the greatest loves I will encounter in my lifetime."

http://now.msn.com/patrick-and-jessi...oston-bombings
    A friend told me I was delusional. I almost fell off my unicorn.

1 members found this post helpful.

Thankfully, everyone can rest a little easier now that the authorities believe they have discovered the ( such young )
    men responsible.

I do hope that this is the end of the senseless violence.

Sending love from Colorado to all those in need of a hug.

Somehow I think Mass. is hugging their own, in the "good neighbor" tradition that most of us seem to keep alive and well, even though some of us hide it well in "everyday" life.

Apparently the two bomber brothers went right back to their regular lives, and then only went on the run after their pictures were on the national news. I'm betting that they were prepared to continue with other atrocities.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White