The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Great Weekend for the Arabians!

OZ POOF OF PURCHASE, homebred Anglo-Arabian ridden & owned by Katy Groesbeck, won the CCI2* at Twin Rivers Spring 3-Day after double clears in XC & Stadium.

ERODIUM, a Half-Arabian bred in the UK and ridden by Jessica Phoenix, finished in 3rd in the CCI2* at Ocala after double clears in XC and Stadium.

Last weekend at The Fork, Anglo-Arabian RIESLING DE BUISSY and Will Faudree were 7th in the CIC2*.

And 2 weeks ago at Rocking Horse, Lauren Kieffer's Anglo-Arabian VERMICULUS (full brother to Snooze Alarm) tied for first in the Prelim with Anglo-Arabian sired HALIMEY GO and Michael Pollard!

See photos, etc here: https://www.facebook.com/thearabiansporthorse

That's exciting to me! I grew up riding Arabians, but sold my last one when I started eventing. After getting a few OTTBs that weren't sound, I tried (in vain) to find an Anglo-Arab to event. I had several videos of sales horses sent to me, but they all turned out to look, and move, like National Show Horses I did find one that was a beautiful mover, but he was way too spooky. He went on to be a really nice dressage horse. I've kind of come to the conclusion that the really talented ones might be more of a professional's ride.
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

1 members found this post helpful.

Try looking at sporthorse breeders who are breeding for dressage movement, especially the warmblood crosses.

I evented an arab/wb for a couple years and now I'm riding an arab/saddlebred who is actually 7/8ths arabian.

I have an Arabian cross who could possibly be a good eventer, time will tell. Sometimes she jumps like a Connemara, sometimes like a typical Arabian. She is a lot of fun. Not easy, but super cool. So nice to see so many out there representing the breed.

I too got tired of lame TBs and WBs all around. The Arabs are tough cookies, that's for sure.

I know of a half Arabian yearling who is likely going to have that kind of talent - she's scoring in the 80s in-hand and just looks like a refined, prettier version of her warmblood dam. Very nice mover, brave, athletic when she's playing... Her breeder was going to sell her, but has decided she doesn't want to let her go!
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

Very, very cool. All lovely horses! While I am a TB girl, I do have a very soft spot for Arabs and Anglos. Tough little athletes with big, big brains. My favorite combo!

I always like seeing Arabians in the news for Eventing the good ones are just worth their weight in gold... then again, I do have a soft spot for 'em after having two (a purebred and half arab) that taught me a ton.
    “They were not sitting backwards on their horses,” he said with a sly smile. “But they had no dressage preparation..." - Bert de Nemethy

If you know of any Arab-breds that are eventing, or doing YEH/FEH, let us know at info@thearabiansporthorse.com!

Are there any anglos entered in rolex and is Vermiculus a stallion?

No, but Daniel Clasing's horse, Houston, is out of a 3rd generation Anglo-Arab mare from Ann McKay's breeding program. Ann bred Houston as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus44 View Post
    OZ POOF OF PURCHASE, homebred Anglo-Arabian ridden & owned by Katy Groesbeck, won the CCI2* at Twin Rivers Spring 3-Day after double clears in XC & Stadium.

ERODIUM, a Half-Arabian bred in the UK and ridden by Jessica Phoenix, finished in 3rd in the CCI2* at Ocala after double clears in XC and Stadium.

Last weekend at The Fork, Anglo-Arabian RIESLING DE BUISSY and Will Faudree were 7th in the CIC2*.

And 2 weeks ago at Rocking Horse, Lauren Kieffer's Anglo-Arabian VERMICULUS (full brother to Snooze Alarm) tied for first in the Prelim with Anglo-Arabian sired HALIMEY GO and Michael Pollard!

See photos, etc here: https://www.facebook.com/thearabiansporthorse
    Just for the record, Qz Poof of Purchase is owned by Katherine's mom. Katherine owns the full younger brother, Oz The Tin Man. The Tin Man is gearing up for Rebecca, where he placed 2nd in the three star last year. She will be showing both this year.

Default Playland Farm

I started with Gainey Arabians and so even though I out grew Arabians I still love to see them do well. I breed Irish Draught and have been following the horses produced by Playland Farm, their base mares were mostly Al Marah/Crabbet bred mares. They also take their IDSHs to Arabian stallions. The Irish Draught takes a little of the pure reactivity out and gives a nice sport horse. PatO http://www.playlandequestriancenter.com/index.html

Cool. Thanks for sharing!

Playland has some very nice crosses.

The FEH score sheet was just updated to reflect the focus on utilizing refining blood for event horses. Great news for breeders of Arab crosses!

The 2012 Champion YEH 5-Year-Old was an RID/Arabian Mare, GLENLORD's MYSTIQUE, competed by a JR/YR.

I can't wait to look at the pictures when I'm off of my work computer! Very cool!

I would like to see the pedigrees - a bit further -- sires and dams -- on some of those mentioned. Does anyone have that info?
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by retreadeventer View Post
    I would like to see the pedigrees - a bit further -- sires and dams -- on some of those mentioned. Does anyone have that info?
    The Oz brothers are by Sidi of Magic, by Sidi Brahim,(Spanish Arabian) out of a Roberto daughter (TB).

Quote Originally Posted by retreadeventer View Post
    The Oz brothers are by Sidi of Magic, by Sidi Brahim,(Spanish Arabian) out of a Roberto daughter (TB).

Riesling De Buissy is French bred, by Oberon Du Moulin and out of O Vive by Samuel AA. He is 27.18% Arabian.

Erodium was bred by Biddesden Stud in the UK. He is by Emilion (DWB) out of Calamintha (Arabian) by Dhruv. He is 50% Arabian.

Vermiculus is by Arabian Serazim (by Ski Chief) out of TB Wake Me Gently by Unpredictable. He is 50% Arabian.

Halimey Go is sired by the Anglo Arabian Askar AA who competed in the 96 Olympics for Poland. His dam is a Trakehner, Hamemelis Go by Pardon Go. Halimey is 29.91% Arabian.