The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Dressage daily horse market place, is it worth it?

I have a nice dressage schoolmaster for sale, and I'm looking for places to advertise her. I was going to try to put her on dressage daily, but I had a sticker shock... $200 for an ad? OUCH! So my question is, is it worth it? Have you had luck with those. The horse is priced very fairly, I have good pictures and videos... Any other places for such a horse?

I bought my last two horses based on ads on DD. I was looking for a horse that was at least schooling third and schooling changes. Did not want to weed thru 100's of ads of horses that are "doing dressage" because they can trot a 20 meter circle. Did not want to look at babies, etc etc.
    I dont know what you are asking for the horse, but I guess when we are talking something that is likely somewhere up in 5 digits (or more), the $200 doesn't seem like that much.
    I can spend $200 on my two in a drop of a hat - shoes, tack, vets, etc. Why wouldn't I spend $200 to help find them a good home...(NOTE I'm not picking on you here, just trying to add perspective. )
    Also sending you a PM
    We don't get less brave; we get a bigger sense of self-preservation........

I sold my last two horses on Dressagedaily (DD) and bought my last horse through contact on ad on DD. Serious dressage buyers look at dressagedaily ads first in my opinion. Now if its a Quarterhorse or TB cross that is schoolmaster only at lower levels and priced low; than I think dreamhorse.com, Equine.com, dressagemarket.com, etc are best. For Warmbloods, Spanish horses, and Crosses with solid dressage training or potential priced $25K and above I think dressagedaily is VERY worth the price. Make sure you have good pics and video before you spend the $200 on DD and actually post ad; as it will get most views when it is first posted.

Thanks,

I have had a lot of success with warmbloods-for-sale.com and with bigeq.com with some of my young horses (many were talented jumpers too), so I got a little sticker shock. But it seems that it is worth every penny so I will go ahead and buy an ad. I already have pro pictures (I can't stand average/fuzzy pictures) and I'm working on new videos. I have older ones that show what she can do, but we can do better than that, so I need to show it off. Thanks for your input

Default Please PM me

Please PM me about your horse. I am in the market!

I had a nice younger 1st/sch 2nd WB that was on all the "other sites" for 4 months...no serious inquiries, a few tire kickers that never came to look but kept me on the phone for eons. Put him on DD with basically the same pix, video and ad got 4 GOOD calls within 2 weeks and he was sold after 4 weeks to out of state buyers. I am in the Midwest so it is very hard to get buyers to come all this way for one horse. Good video showing a CORRECTLY trained horse is hard to find, so maybe good horses get lost on the other sites because of all the bad ads. Now it is interesting, I have a schoolmaster type I listed that has some "special needs" but is cheap and not ONE inquiry. I think they are also more educated buyers...don't want a project.

I have had great success with Dressage Market (www.dressagemarket.com). It is an exclusive dressage website for dressage horses of all price ranges and levels. The horse listings start at $30 and they also send out a newsletter every 2 weeks with the new horses. I really love this site and know many people that have had great success with it!

I had absolutely no luck with Dressage Daily. Dressage Market is where I sold my last guy!

I had not one response from Dressage Market...it is more of an East Coast site. Waste of money. Dressage Daily really depends on the quality of the horse.

Quote Originally Posted by NJRider View Post
    I had not one response from Dressage Market...it is more of an East Coast site. Waste of money. Dressage Daily really depends on the quality of the horse.
    Everybody I know has had good experience with Dressage Market but they have had good pictures, video and their horses were competitively priced. Maybe your listing needs to be updated? Which horse is yours?

Quote Originally Posted by EventingMare View Post
    Everybody I know has had good experience with Dressage Market but they have had good pictures, video and their horses were competitively priced. Maybe your listing needs to be updated? Which horse is yours?
    Like I said, I SOLD horse only after on DD. Only place that resulted in serious buyers, not people who like to talk and not follow up, or who are afraid of horses. Same ad, video, etc. Horse sold very fast on DD because it was a nice horse.

I agree with several posters above, Dressage Market has been great and the people that run the website are very helpful! I am located in Washington state with a small breeding farm and have sold several horses through the website.

Which horse was your NJRider? I get the newsletter and always check out the horses for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by NJRider View Post
    Like I said, I SOLD horse only after on DD. Only place that resulted in serious buyers, not people who like to talk and not follow up, or who are afraid of horses. Same ad, video, etc. Horse sold very fast on DD because it was a nice horse.
    Laurie- I was just trying to be helpful and did check out your website but didnt see any of your horses on DD or DM. I am sure everybody can agree that keeping things helpful and positive without being slanderous and overly negative in the forum works best. Glad you sold your horse.

I have bought two horses off dressage daily. It is my "go to" site.