The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Michelle LeBlanc, DVM, DACT

It is with deep and sad regret that we have learned of Dr. Michelle LeBlanc's passing. She was well known and respected in the veterinary and equine reproduction community and indeed, spearheaded some well known research. She will be sadly missed. Our condolences to her friends, family and all that had the honor of knowing her through the years! Godspeed to her...
    Equine-Reproduction.com Now offering one on one customized training!
    Leg-Up Equestrian Assistance Program, Inc. A 501(c)(3) non-profit charity

Such a sad day. She left quite a mark on the UF vet school, and the veterinary community as a whole. She is at peace after a long battle, and I would like to think that she has been reunited with her husband, who passed away from cancer 2.5 years ago.

Godspeed, Dr. LeBlanc.
    The knowledge of the nature of a horse is one of the first foundations of the art if riding it, and every horseman must make it his principal study.
    ~Francois Robichon de la Gueriniere

I just saw her at a conference in August...she looked great. My condolences to her friends and family.
    Read about my time at the Hannoveraner Verband Breeders Courses:
    http://blumefarm.com/hannoveranercourse2011.html
    http://blumefarm.com/hannoveranercourse2012.html

Condolences to the family, wow, you just never know
    www.immunallusa.com
    www.rainbowequus.com Home of stallions that actually produced champion hunter, jumper and dressage offspring and now also champion eventers

Very sorry to hear this sad news. Condolences to all her friends and family. She will be missed.
    Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. - William Jennings Bryan

http://www.halcyon-hill.com

Default Sad

Michelle lived with me for about a year when she first moved to Lexington. She was one of the nicest people I have ever known. I'm a better person for knowing Michelle. She will be greatly missed. I'm so happy Rood & Riddle renamed their reproduction center the Leblanc Reproduction Center.

1 members found this post helpful.

So sad, my sympathies to her family. I had the great fortune to meet her when she helped with some difficult TB mares at the farm I managed. She sat down with me and truly TAUGHT me for an hour, aside from the work. I learned more from her in 10 minutes than in years from other vets. Dr LeBlanc was outstanding in her field, and so generous with her knowledge, as well as a wonderful person. She will be greatly missed.
    “A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.”
    ? Albert Einstein

~AJ~

I'm so very sorry to hear this. She had such a wealth of knowledge, which she shared so graciously. I'm grateful to have known her. Peace to her and her loved ones.