The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Former Long Islander now in the middle of the Great Lakes

I was wondering how long the BLACK and NAVY ONLY trend was going to last... Lets hope we will see a few more designes in the ever popular WHITE only shirts soon.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKES MCS View Post
    I was wondering how long the BLACK and NAVY ONLY trend was going to last... Lets hope we will see a few more designes in the ever popular WHITE only shirts soon.
    In just the first two shows this year I have been to (pretty large venues in my area) there are many colors in fashion. Of course navy, but there is lighter shades of blues, grays, greens, browns, pinstripe, etc.

The popular coat makers have all types of fabrics, collar colors, piping, colored buttons, colored stitching.... they are beautiful. But still very conservative and classy.

My trainer wore a brown coat with a lighter brown collar with tan piping around the collar and a tan shirt in the hunters and it was very nice....
    Train like you have never won and show like you have never lost!!!

Oh, I miss my green coat! I remember chasing my last Medal and my trainer saw who was judging and told me I needed to go borrow a green coat because the judge was infamous for loving them (was it Carol Maloney? Can't remember, but it was --gulp--27 years ago!). I borrowed on from my barnmate, won the medal, then bought the coat. Used to love it with a pale pink show shirt.
    Life would be infinitely better if pinatas suddenly appeared throughout the day.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabondrider View Post
    Until this year when Lillie Keenan started wearing a green coat, I hadn't seen anyone with a green coat since the early 90's. What's next, rust breeches & beat-up looking velvet helmets?
    Actually I have seen several people wearing rust breeches lately! I have been waiting for this trend to come back for so long! At the TB shows in Lexington, I have seen rust breeches galore, along with faded velvet caps! I absolutely LOVE it! If only I could find my old olive colored Pytchley coat that my parents had from before I showed. I used it a handful of times in the 90s and rocked it during the era of navy pinstripe jackets, olive breeches and white on white pinstripe ratcatchers.

Then again I'm a firm believer in going against the grain. Heck, I am measuring to order brown field boots too!

I have an older Grand Prix jacket that is a beautiful deep emerald-ish green. It's quite dark, you can't really tell it's green until you get up close. I love it.

I used to pair it with a textured pale green shirt. Lent it to a friend who wore it with a light coral (looked great), and I've recently purchased a light yellow to go along with it too.

I have a beautiful dark green Grand Prix coat, I pair it with a pale yellow shirt. I love wearing it, but then again I do wear rust breeches and brown field boots!
    Proudly Owned By Sierra, 2003 APHA/ PtHA Mare

Quote Originally Posted by PNWjumper View Post
    I will not mention that my coat is the same age as you. Oops.

I say it's time for a cross country field trip. You come over here for a show and I'll go over there for a show. Nice and economical, right? But it would be fun!
    I still think that my idea of meeting in the middle and doing the MN Harvest Show was a solid one.

I like green coats with cream shirts!

I'm having a devil of a time finding the cream shirts. I have, however, found infinite white options *yawn* I do want to add brown field boots eventually I adore them.

I will also admit to being gleeful that day coats are coming back into fashion in saddle seat land, lol.

I love rust breeches. There is a pair hanging in my closet(waiting for me to lose a little more weight). I can pass on the faded velvet helmet)

Quote Originally Posted by mypaintwattie View Post
    I have a beautiful dark green Grand Prix coat, I pair it with a pale yellow shirt. I love wearing it, but then again I do wear rust breeches and brown field boots!
    When I saw this thread, my immediate response was hunter green coat, yellow shirt and rust breeches, of course. Momentarily forgot the brown field boots, but yes, those too. A classic look from the 70s!

Oops, my age is showing...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MyssMyst View Post
    Anyone know who carries them? Also, what color show shirts are typically used with them?
    You rock that green coat with some rust breeches in the show ring like it's 1986 all over again, and I will be your biggest fan.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy17 View Post
    You rock that green coat with some rust breeches in the show ring like it's 1986 all over again, and I will be your biggest fan.
    Me too!!

PS - I have an olive green coat from Ariat, its classic and fits me well and I will never give it up (trendy or not )

Quote Originally Posted by RugBug View Post
    I know this isn't the green you are looking for, but I adore it. Can't wait to show my new chestnut mare wearing this coat.
    Love your green jacket!!

In general, the dark green was always my favourite riding jacket colour. Or rather "show coat" as they are called now... somehow I missed when that happened. Kind of like how starfish are no longer starfish - they are sea stars.

Due to living with my head in the sand I don't think I'll ever know what the trends are However I saw this coat about 5 years ago and LOVED it it has metallic purple/ teal-ish interior and I wear it with a dark purple shirt. It makes me happy every time I see it, fashionable or not :P

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    Last edited by Stushica; Apr. 16, 2013 at 01:30 PM. Reason: speeling... and lies lol

Quote Originally Posted by Janeway View Post
    In general, the dark green was always my favourite riding jacket colour. Or rather "show coat" as they are called now... somehow I missed when that happened. Kind of like how starfish are no longer starfish - they are sea stars.
    Hah! I agree. In my world, they are hunt coats and shirts are ratcatchers. I still hear people call a coat a hunt coat, but I RARELY hear ratcatcher anymore.
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

Interestingly enough, I was going to use "ratcatcher" in my post, but thought people might not know what I was talking about!
    Life would be infinitely better if pinatas suddenly appeared throughout the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
    I have a hunter green coat from the 90s that I wear with pride. My favorite shirt to wear with it is pale yellow.
    Same here. Except it's been in my closet since the 90's. And I had a green and burgundy pinstripe shirt with a hunter green monogram that went with it.

Quote Originally Posted by PaintPony View Post
    Same here. Except it's been in my closet since the 90's. And I had a green and burgundy pinstripe shirt with a hunter green monogram that went with it.
    Well, time to take it out!
    I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

I looked high and low for a green hunt coat about 3 years ago and finally was able to find one. It's hunter green. My mare is Chestnut and I have green eyes. I love it. I wear it with a white shirt but I have thought of pairing it with pale lavender. It was very fun to wear my green coat at my most recent show which was on St. Patrick's Day! I would also love to have a dark purple coat but I don't know that anyone makes such a thing.