The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Green hunt coats

Anyone know who carries them? Also, what color show shirts are typically used with them?

FarmHouse had a few on clearance about a month ago—and I'm sure they have some new ones too. I think they look best with white, but I've also seen them worn with a very, very light pastel yellow or cream.

I got a green Grand Prix coat through The Farm House (after Bevals told me that I would have to pay $800 for it - yeah right!). They managed to get me the same coat that I looked at when I was at Bevals, but they only charged me $350 for it and were great to work with. I wear it with a white shirt.

1 members found this post helpful.

Are we now competing with the Masters?

3 members found this post helpful.

Allon had a really nice green. They have a lot of nice fabrics to choose from.
    How people treat you is their KARMA.... how you REACT is yours!

I have a green one, not a terribly trendy coat since it was one of my coats from when I was a junior (=20 years old), and I usually wear it with a white or light blue shirt. I have a few striped shirts that would look nice as well, but rarely do I think far enough ahead to bring a selection of shirts to wear with my coats.

I'm not sure who carries them currently. I have a nice dark green coat with a faint herringbone pattern woven in. I wore it with white, light blue, terra cotta colored shirts. I also had a nice white and hunter green faintly patterned shirt that looked nice with it.

I have a green one, not a terribly trendy coat since it was one of my coats from when I was a junior (=20 years old), and I usually wear it with a white or light blue shirt.
    You know, all I kept thinking as I've been reading this thread is that I wished my old coat would still fit! I'm sure I've still got it somewhere!

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Green coats are the standard hunt coats for Bassets and Beaglers. Any place that sells hunt coats for foxhunters would probably have green ones. I don't know, however, if the style would do for showing.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by PNWjumper View Post
    I have a green one, not a terribly trendy coat since it was one of my coats from when I was a junior (=20 years old), and I usually wear it with a white or light blue shirt. I have a few striped shirts that would look nice as well, but rarely do I think far enough ahead to bring a selection of shirts to wear with my coats.
    That's what my coat looks like! I guess we're not trendy together (except on opposite sides of the country).

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

I love my green jacket, love it with my dark tan or purple striped and most especially my coral ratcatcher.

But then again, I also wear a brown jacket, medium brown breeches, rose colored ratcatcher, brown gloves and brown helmet, so I'm not exactly following the herd of black/blue coats and white shirts crowd.
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

2 members found this post helpful.

Thanks for the suggestions! In this case, I'm showing a chestnut mare in breed ring Hunter Pleasure classes, and a gray gelding in Sporthorse Under Saddle. The gelding isn't showing over fences until late this year at the absolute earliest, and I'm thinking I'll go navy the first few times just in case he's a brat

I have an olive green hunt coat... I usually wear a sage-ish green shirt with it, but also sometimes white or pale yellow. I also have a cream shirt with an olive/sage and black/gray windowpane plaid I wear with it. I tend to prefer a warmer white (cream) over white-white with a green coat, but that's just me.
    Founder, Higher Standards Leather Care Addicts Anonymous
    Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

We at Grand Prix make a beautiful hunter green in several styles. We use our new very popular TechLite fabric. You can customize the collar too! We have had a big surge in the popularity of the green in the last few months.

I have a hunter green coat from the 90s that I wear with pride. My favorite shirt to wear with it is pale yellow.
    I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

Quote Originally Posted by supershorty628 View Post
    That's what my coat looks like! I guess we're not trendy together (except on opposite sides of the country).
    I will not mention that my coat is the same age as you. Oops.

I say it's time for a cross country field trip. You come over here for a show and I'll go over there for a show. Nice and economical, right? But it would be fun!

Until this year when Lillie Keenan started wearing a green coat, I hadn't seen anyone with a green coat since the early 90's. What's next, rust breeches & beat-up looking velvet helmets?

2 members found this post helpful.

I know this isn't the green you are looking for, but I adore it. Can't wait to show my new chestnut mare wearing this coat.
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

Quote Originally Posted by vagabondrider View Post
    Until this year when Lillie Keenan started wearing a green coat, I hadn't seen anyone with a green coat since the early 90's. What's next, rust breeches & beat-up looking velvet helmets?
    Lillie has been wearing her green coat at least since last year, she has gotten a lot of mileage out of it already.

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    Lillie has been wearing her green coat at least since last year, she has gotten a lot of mileage out of it already.
    Yeah I actually noticed that trend popping up in 2010/2011 on the bnrs.
    .אני יכול לעשות הכל על ידי אלוהים