The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by suzy View Post
    I noticed the same thing as crockpot regarding moderation of that board, so either I am also "bitter" or just maybe there really was erratic moderation. Something to consider.
    Not to mention the dramalamas.
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

4 members found this post helpful.

I noticed the same thing as crockpot regarding moderation of that board, so either I am also "bitter" or just maybe there really was erratic moderation. Something to consider.
    yes, really, it was just an observation.

Nothing personal.

I for one am really sad UDBB is gone. When I was in a coma, people there got together and made me a horsey themed quilt that's still on my bed. THANK YOU everyone.

6 members found this post helpful.

Isn't there a spiritual successor to UDBB floating around? I could have sworn that a bunch of members created another forum with a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by ivym View Post
    I for one am really sad UDBB is gone. When I was in a coma, people there got together and made me a horsey themed quilt that's still on my bed. THANK YOU everyone.
    I have thought about you so many times, wondered how you are doing?

Yes, it's here http://definitelydressage.com/

I posted there for a while but in my opinion it was a closely knit gaggle of rail queens and not well moderated. I got tagged for not being dressagy enough and backed away.

3 members found this post helpful.

I'm sorta okay. I'll never walk unaided or horror of horrors, ride well, again. I suffer from pretty significant ataxia (Parkinson-like tremors) and spasticity. I can't open my eyes (I use tape), am deaf in one ear, and have a laundry list of things wrong with me. But, I'm lucky because the injury has mostly affected me physically, not-so-much mentally or emotionally.

10 members found this post helpful.

I'm sorta okay. I'll never walk unaided or horror of horrors, ride well, again. I suffer from pretty significant ataxia (Parkinson-like tremors) and spasticity. I can't open my eyes (I use tape), am deaf in one ear, and have a laundry list of things wrong with me. But, I'm lucky because the injury has mostly affected me physically, not-so-much mentally or emotionally.
    People never stopped asking about you on the UDBB. You certainly have been through the wringer, my dear. But it's wonderful to see you here and posting again. You won't ride well? Who cares, if you can ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by rascalpony View Post
    I refuse to ride my cat out of the kitchen, mainly because I don't want to pay the hospital bills.

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by enjoytheride View Post
    Yes, it's here http://definitelydressage.com/

I posted there for a while but in my opinion it was a closely knit gaggle of rail queens and not well moderated. I got tagged for not being dressagy enough and backed away.
    Really? That's a shame you've left, I don't remember anyone being tagged for not being dressagy enough there. I like your blog.

1 members found this post helpful.

I fondly remember the UDB and it's a shame it closed.

2 members found this post helpful.

enjoytheride - I remember you. I always liked your threads although I didn't post on them much.

I remember you taking a lot of flack from a couple of other posters. I'm sorry that you felt 'tagged' like that. I thought that was on the UDBB though rather than the DDBB?

I post over on the DDBB regularly. If anything, I find the demographic in the training forum is more RIDERS and fewer rail birds than ever. The community as a whole is very supportive., although it's now quite small. The 8-week challenge threads are more active than ever, and I for one would love to see you back there.

ivy - SO glad to see you back.

There is a UDBB facebook group:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/368922133224857/

Proud owner of one Lunar acre! (Campanus Crater, The Moon)

Quote Originally Posted by carolprudm View Post
    Not to mention the dramalamas.
    I thought it was drama llamas.

UDBB was so drama filled and mostly by the Mod. It was funny, and sad.
    "Relinquish your whip!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    I thought it was drama llamas.

UDBB was so drama filled and mostly by the Mod. It was funny, and sad.
    I find it difficult to get sad about discussion forums.

Time and attention is time and attention. It's one thing to act all high-n-mighty, but the fact is we're all here. And let me tell you, it's probably not the bulletin board itself causing emotional distress, but the people behind it. And those people CARED enough to make me a quilt.

17 members found this post helpful.

glad to hear from you ivy

Time and attention is time and attention. It's one thing to act all high-n-mighty, but the fact is we're all here. And let me tell you, it's probably not the bulletin board itself causing emotional distress, but the people behind it. And those people CARED enough to make me a quilt.
    Humans don’t mind duress, in fact they thrive on it. What they mind is not feeling necessary. –Sebastian Junger

So happy for you that you got support.

This exemplifies the very best side of the discussion forums.

Have seen similar things on CoTH as well

Ivy, one of my squares is on your quilt. It means a lot to me that you care for it. UDBB brought me some of my best friends and while I wasn't a prolific poster, the board holds a lot of special memories. You're one of them, Ivy. I'm so happy to hear from you again.

9 members found this post helpful.

Ivy, have you considered a therapeutic riding program, or is that not an option for you?

I just want to add that I miss UDBB. I find DDBB still young in its development.... but everyone is very nice.
    In the past i thought UDBB was WAY nicer to visit than here.... but I never got involved in the drama there.

Ivy, nice to hear from you!!