The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I never had any issues there, but haven't posted in the last 4-5 years. I guess something must have changed in the interim, but I always found it a very helpful place and TBH I felt the quality of *dressage* advice was better there than here.
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

2 members found this post helpful.

Fitting that even its demise was dramatic.

17 members found this post helpful.

WOW. What crap. THIS is why I enjoyed that board so much more than THIS one full of arrogant types. I received MANY more nasty comments here than there; in fact, I once boycotted this board for a while due to the nastyness

oh dear and yet you are posting here something that would never be allowed on that site regarding another board if the situation were reversed,

nice..

13 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Crockpot View Post
    oh dear and yet you are posting here something that would never be allowed on that site regarding another board if the situation were reversed,

nice..
    Ditto.. Please take it to their facebook group.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

10 members found this post helpful.

I will miss the UDBB. But honestly, I don't know how it lasted this long. The first catfight, I would have said to myself "Nobody needs this crap" and shut it down. And that was before the political forum.
    I admire people that can stand to host discussionboards and I read many obsessively.

I didn't expect this at all. I hope there's some overlap because I made some excellent connections there -got some great advice from Gailbyrd just yesterday. Also, we were planning a Gettysburg horse camping trip for May 17 and I didn't keep anyone's contact information. Hopefully between here and their facebook page we can keep in touch.

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

Seemed to be used mainly by weekend dressage wannabes.

Why thank you. I'll where that as a badge of honor

I was actually a member before it became the UDBB, before the 2000 reboot.

me too
    Ranch of Last Resort
    www.annwylid.com

Me too. Rip suzy

Yup I was a member since the USDF transition to the farm.

I lost control of my screen name, but over the years the fun sort of dwindled. I enjoyed the general forum and participated there and in the vet forum. Training, not so much.

it was like here on off topic day. Something for everyone and they could go to ( or ignor) whatever room they wish.
    _\\\\]
    -- * > hoopoe

www.meanderingwa.blogspot.com

4 members found this post helpful.

had to go back while I could to find some of Lucille (SmithsonLM) quotes

"But I are a diplomat. When I come to visit, I'll tell you how CUTE your horse is. He has a kind eye. And oh! What a beautiful long tail! "

9-21-05

Lucille passed quitely this morning at about 5:30.
    Last edited by clanter; Apr. 13, 2013 at 09:04 PM.

3 members found this post helpful.

Why are the boards dropping like flies after a dose of Wipe?

UDBB, Equineneigh-borhood, Fugly, etc etc etc
    The Denver Broncos went to visit an orphanage. "It's so sad looking into their faces so devoid of hope." Sara aged 6

washing the cat.... I couldn't find that thread

I think it has something to do with your basic "disagree without being disagreeable" thing. I'm really sick of the whole "I'm right and you're stupid" ideology. It has become so prevalent, lately. JMHO

4 members found this post helpful.

Looks like the FB page is going strong. I predict the fans of UDBB will survive just fine.

I'll miss the UDBB as well. I was mostly a lurker (I lurk here on COTH 90% of the time too!), but learned a lot. I also enjoyed following a number of people's journey both equine and personal. Hopefully they feel comfortable coming to COTH to share updates.

While F.B. is nice, it's just not the same!

RIP UDBB

3 members found this post helpful.

i'll miss it. I was a member for 12 years but it has changed over the years.

I think I set some kind of a record by being made a moderator one day and banned the next.

Used to be fun to slip in under a new name and see how long it would take Kram to figure it out.

As Dr. Frankenboogerstein hops aboard his trusty Fantasian, Catherine, The Great Clydesdale and they soar into the storm to capture some Natural Electricities(tm) for The Apparatus.
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

6 members found this post helpful.

I saw a post from Mark this morning on FB. He sounded really disspirited. I hope he's OK.

Around noon
    "So when do you know it's time? When something you've done half your life has lost your interest? But you just can't let go, keep thinking you'll catch back up...but looking forward in life, I'm running out of time."
    Last edited by carolprudm; Apr. 14, 2013 at 05:13 PM.
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

1 members found this post helpful.

I haven't posted over there in a while. I did enjoy the forums on occasion but lately I have been so busy I have much more limited time to "play." I am sorry to see it die.

Mark's flare for the dramatic/melodramatic set the tone for the board. I lurked and occasionally posted mostly for the entertainment/train wreck factor that was the UDBB. From a business perspective (he did after all have people willing to pay for the drivel on that board) it was childish and unprofessional to pull the plug without warning. Some of the minions have pulled together on Facebook to regroup, mourn, reminisce about the glory days of the UDBB. I think FB will be a better outlet especially for those that liked to post lots of pictures and training journals etc.

5 members found this post helpful.