The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Floyd will chill.

And he's a great training device for your kids. Now that they have Do Touch kitty and one they like, they have an incentive to learn how to please him. The rowdy 3/7 year olds will have to learn how to tailor their behavior to a small animal. Good times for all.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Yay! So happy for you all and for handsome Floyd!
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

No Touch Kitty has completely shocked me by not giving a single crap about Floyd. Keep in mind, she's a tail-swishing growling angry cat in the window when she spies a neighborhood cat daring to cross HER LAWN. (Never mind she never goes outside.)

She saw Floyd, sniffed him, Did. Not. Care. I have to wonder if she thinks he's Inigo, since he looks and acts like him. It can't be that though, right? He surely can't smell like Inigo, and he's half the size. Hmm. We have been leaving the door to the room Floyd was limited to for bedtime open an inch at night, so they could sniff and see each other through it without actually contacting each other, but I thought they'd need more than...this.

After 2 years of expressing her violent hatred toward a dog, maybe she's just happy to have another feline.

Right now, Mija is happy on the top of the cat tree in here with me--the chubby queen on her perch--and Floyd is dozing on a chair. So...cool.
    SA Ferrana Moniet
    Not goodbye--just waiting at the end of the trail.
    My bloggity blog: Hobby Horse: Adventures of the Perpetual Newbie

1 members found this post helpful.

We once brought home a cat from the pound that closely resembled one of our existing cats. All the other kitties just went about their business & completely ignored him. Then one kitty walked by & caught a whiff & realized this cat was new - she literally leaped in the air & spun around like who tricked me!?!?

I think Floyd is a laid back sort who gives off a non confrontational vibe & no touch kitty realities he is not a threat.

Floyd is very different from Mija- male, smaller (and younger?). He's wallpaper to her.

So, so glad they get along!
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat