The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default NY Times Article- Derby Security

Just another heap of sh*t from folk who have no earthly idea what they are talking about.

It might be good for public image, but I can guarantee you it'll just be a big PITA for the connections. As if anyone would try frog juice or some other crap on the worlds biggest stage. Psh. Why don't they take all that extra security somewhere it would actually be useful? Like Los Al or Sunland? That's not gonna happen though.

"Pat the horse; kick yourself" - Carl Hester

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelico View Post
    Just another heap of sh*t from folk who have no earthly idea what they are talking about.
    It's that time of the year again .. Joe Drape only get's ink in the Old Gray Lady if it's in some way negative.

I'm sure if he wrote a feel good story regarding the antics at Pimlico of Spicer Cub (with Xavier Perez up) there would be an expectation to suggest "what if he broke his leg or ran into the grandstand killing a small child bundled in newspaper who had been smuggled in from another country? Explore that side of the story, Joe, and get with the program."

The NYT hates horse racing. Period. I'd like to see example of a story refuting that.

1 members found this post helpful.