The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Samshield vs. Antares?

Which do you have/prefer? Have you tried both? What are your likes/dislikes? Time for a new helmet and can't decide between the two...
    Celtic Charisma (R.I.P) ~ http://flickr.com/photos/rockandracehorses/2387275281
    Proud owner of "The Intoxicated Moose!"
    "Hope is not an executable plan" ~ My Mom
    I love my Dublin-ator

I just bought a Samshield. I really like the look of it (got it all black, same fabric all over)and some people do a really nice job with all the custom options available. It's not as vented as say a GPA but definitely more then a Charles Owen. The real reason I decided to get it was that you can order different linings. I got one that fits my head with my hair down, and one that fits with my hair up. I must admit that was the real draw, but I also ultimately decided I like the look of the Samshield better.

There is another thread asking about the Samshields on here, and everyone has said great things about them (including me!)
    www.jodsonline.com- Proud sister of the owner of JODS, providing quality equestrian apparel. Check it out!

I couldn't decide which fit me better and went with the Antares, but in hindsight wish I'd gone with the Samshield instead.

My current favourite helmet though? My SO's OneK. I LOVE it. Love the way it fits and looks. The next helmet I purchase will be one. Fits me better than the Sammy, GPA or Antares. Wish I'd been able to try one on before buying the Antares.