The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Mine is ordered!! Can't wait for it to get here. Tried on one in store and was just little worried it might be too snug to get hair under so I ordered the next size up. Even being a bit tight it was the most comfortable helmet I have ever worn. My head seems to be a bit of a weird shape and I've been settling with a "good-enough" fit but I think this one is going to fit like a glove. Fingers crossed it gets here next week!!

1 members found this post helpful.

I cannot fit in GPAs, IRH, K one, or any other helmet that is for people with very round heads. I have a giant, oval shaped head with a lot of hair. MY last helmet was a GR8 and I looked like a mushroom b/c my head is so big.
    I went to try on the Samshield and it was the only helmet I put on that not only fit appropriately, but it doesnt make me look like a mushroom/clown or anything else one might think when they look at my giant head in a helmet.

The tack store I went to told me that the helmets come in S, M, and L but the liners inside are what make it the sizes helmets usually come in. My friend bought a 7 1/2 and its a little too small for her, so the people at the store recommended she get a new liner the next size up when shes ready to replace it.

I love my samshield, and I love the look of them in any ring.
    "to each his own..."

just a horse obsessed girl who finds blogging way more fun than being an adult...
    http://equinerainman274.wordpress.com/

I have an awful time finding a helmet that will fit and finally found my love with the Samshield! Fits great and looks great.
    I discovered the One K and at the price decided to purchase it also for schooling. Both are great looking helmets and I'm very satisfied.
    "ronnie was the gifted one, victor was the brilliant intellect, and i [GM], well, i am the plodder."

A salesperson at Dover told me that One K is actually made by the same company as Samshield- does anyone know if this is true?

Goldilox, yeah, I was told that too. Makes the price point of the One K even more attractive. My friend has a Samshield and hers is identical to my One K.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Mine! After 25 years of riding, I've finally found a helmet that is comfortable and fits and I can wear all day long without getting a headache. I will never own anything else!!! (although I am intrigued by the One K if it is truly made by the same company, I hate wearing my Samshield on a daily basis for fear of ruining it, even though it shows no signs of ruination)

Quote Originally Posted by Personal Champ View Post
    Goldilox, yeah, I was told that too. Makes the price point of the One K even more attractive. My friend has a Samshield and hers is identical to my One K.
    I just bought a One K- I didn't even try the Samshield on for fear I would love it and buy it despite it being out of my price range right now, so I can't compare the fit, but I am very happy with the One K so far- I bought it to show in but have a feeling I'll be schooling in it as well since it seems to fit so well.

1 members found this post helpful.

Goldilox, same happened to me. Good thing is that it's super easy to clean up and still looks great in the ring despite using it daily.