The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Bizarre story: Woman arrested for stealing a horse from her boarder....

Odd story: http://www.ratemyhorsepro.com/news/w...rse-theft.aspx

Why in the world would she want to steal this horse and create such a story? Unbroke, unregistered, unimportant horse. Maybe bad blood between her and horse's owner?
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

I had a whole post written out thinking this was about another theft in the same area. The barn owner who just handed over someone else's horse is a dumb-ass for not letting the owner know what was going on before they "siezed" the horse. Hope she's planning on moving the horse to another barn where the BO is not so ignorant.
    Yogurt - If you're so cultured, how come I never see you at the opera? Steven Colbert

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn trails View Post
    I had a whole post written out thinking this was about another theft in the same area. The barn owner who just handed over someone else's horse is a dumb-ass for not letting the owner know what was going on before they "siezed" the horse. Hope she's planning on moving the horse to another barn where the BO is not so ignorant.
    Read it again... the barn owner was in on the theft and has been arrested. The story about two people coming to seize the horse was made up as a cover.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/P...202622921.html

local news coverage.

Woman claims she felt the horse was not being properly cared for.
    _\\\\]
    -- * > hoopoe

www.meanderingwa.blogspot.com

This happened in my county (well, my horse is boarded in that county.) Anyway, I'd recognized the horse's name but no clue where I've heard it before.

What I read was that the BO stole the horse because her friend wanted it?

That's just nuts. So many free horses and she decides to steal one from a boarder?

The story was updated this morning with the latest that the BO was in on it. Now she's trying to blame it on the fake deputies. I thought for sure the owner was never going to see her horse again. If the BO thought the horse was not be cared for properly (must have been self-care) then you talk to the owner, not steal her horse.
    Yogurt - If you're so cultured, how come I never see you at the opera? Steven Colbert

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn trails View Post
    The story was updated this morning with the latest that the BO was in on it. Now she's trying to blame it on the fake deputies. I thought for sure the owner was never going to see her horse again. If the BO thought the horse was not be cared for properly (must have been self-care) then you talk to the owner, not steal her horse.

Or not! because the whole story seems too bizarre. I agree that it would be illogical to claim lack of care if you are the BO and your barn is NOT self care, but it could happen!
    "However complicated and remarkable the rest of his life was going to be, it was here now, come to claim him."- JoAnn Mapson

The RateMyHorsePro article says the owner found the seizure of her horse "believable" at first.

I am still trying to wrap my head around having my horse taken away from me, and finding it "believable" for any length of time! None of these folks come across as the sharpest knives in the drawer.
    Sheilah

1 members found this post helpful.