The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Calling all crafty horse people!! Horse blanket repair help!

I have a lovely medium weight Buccas blanket that is 10 years old, but still in fabulous condition. The inner liner shell is starting to fall apart, and instead of paying $60+ to repair it, I thought about just "exacto-knifing" the liner out of it, so it just has the outter shell to use as a "sheet." I need a new sheet, but have plenty of medium-heavy weight blankets...just a thought?!

Anyone have any objections to that? I wonder about the outter shell rubbing against my horse's shoulders. Anyone do this before? THANKS!!

It's been my experience that the underside of a lined blanket-once the lining is removed- is pretty rough because the weatherproofing is on the underside. If it were me(i do all my own blanket repairs) I would fix the lining. You could also try removing the polyfill and fixing the lining. You could also open a corner and see what you've got in there before you go all the way.
    ~~~~~*~*~*~*~*~
    “ride your own horse” from sayings for life.

1 members found this post helpful.