The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Wow- Awesome Results with Chiro! (X-Post from Eventing)

I originally had posted this in eventing as an update because my guy is starting training for eventing, but I thought this was applicable to anyone.

So I had posted last week bemoaning my horse's awful back. The vet was out yesterday and did a chiropractic adjustment on him.

My normally quiet gelding was a panicked mess trying to get away because he was so sore and stiff, but after a few adjustments to his major problem area, I saw his eyes soften, his head dropped, and he just heaved the biggest sigh of relief. After she adjusted his neck he kept swinging it from side to side as if he were saying, "Look, Mom! I can move my neck now!" The vet thought he had probably spent most of his life messed up and sore.

His movement has improved so much, and today he worked under saddle for the first time in four months! Now we just have to work on getting rid of that QH belly.

I'll post comparison photos and video tomorrow.

The moral of the story is if you're on the fence about getting your horse adjusted, let me say it was the best $100 (plus $75 farm call fee) I have spent on him.

2 members found this post helpful.

If your vet is able to do acupuncture I would highly recommend that too - I have seen better results and less soreness after the adjustments when combining the two.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by KnKShowmom View Post
    If your vet is able to do acupuncture I would highly recommend that too - I have seen better results and less soreness after the adjustments when combining the two.
    Yes, she does do acupuncture. I had been considering it but wasn't really sure if it would be beneficial. Thanks for the suggestion!

You're welcome